Saab believes in India Order despite Jas not getting picked
Saab CEO Hakan Buskhe is still hopeful of air defense-related orders from India,although the country in the spring of 2011 excluded the Saab from the procurement of the so-called Medium Multi-Role Combat Aircraft, and despite media reports at the last month that India has chosen French Dassault Rafale as the main bidders.
"You should know that India is huge and will need different types of solutions for itsair defense, and I still feel that there is an interest in our technology," he told news agency Direkt after publishing year-end report for 2011.
He also adds that Saab has been a positive development for its entire portfolio in India.
"Then, who has won what and not in India, which we should probably wait a whilebefore one really knows how that looks. More than that, I would not comment, but if you read the official comments by the Indian government is not entirely so that it corresponds with what competitors have said, "said Mr Buskhe.
On January 31, reported include the Financial Times that Dassault by the Indian government appointed "preferred bidder" in the procurement of 126 fighters, butany press release or official spokesperson was quoted not.