Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 181

Thread: Combat helicopters

  1. #16
    Senior Member Ravage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    in Wonderland, with my Alice
    Posts
    8,324

    Default

    Same helo:


  2. #17
    Senior Member The Dane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fyrkat-Jutland
    Posts
    14,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongShot View Post
    It certainly should....







    DAP in Action

    DAP in action 2

    Sweet...

  3. #18
    Purveyor of intelligent reading material Lt-Col A. Tack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Posts
    10,707

    Default

    A new Black Hawk helicopter:

    AH-60L / S-70 Battle Hawk



    The major Battlehawk weapons feature is the 20mm GIAT THL 20 turreted gun. Its location under the cabin provides a rugged, simple integration. The gun can be slaved to the Elbit Systems Helmet Mounted Display (HMD) cueing, or to the Elbit Systems Toplite II Targeting Sensor Line of Sight. Ammunition is stored in the cabin and fed to the gun through one 90-degree bend, versus up to seven such bends with nose-mounted gun turrets, providing unparalleled accessibility, feed and ease of reload.

    Past weapons integration on the Blackhawk using the External Stores/Weapons System (ESWS) have included Hellfire missiles, 2.75-inch Rockets, Stinger Missiles and various gun pods including 7.65 mm, 20mm and 30mm cannon. One current operational configuration has dual 30mm chain guns, dual 7.65mm machine guns and Hellfire missiles and rockets, more than doubling the firepower of existing attack helicopters. The ESWS also can accommodate up to four 230 gallon external fuel pods.
    Link Link

  4. #19
    Proby? Wud dat? LongShot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lt-Col A. Tack View Post
    A new Black Hawk helicopter:

    AH-60L / S-70 Battle Hawk





    Link Link
    Just had to one-up me by adding words didnt you?

  5. #20
    Purveyor of intelligent reading material Lt-Col A. Tack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Posts
    10,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongShot View Post
    Just had to one-up me by adding words didnt you?
    Hey, just making sure the Battle Hawk gets a little attention

    I'm not actually sure the Battle Hawk has acutally been sold to anyone, though.

  6. #21
    Senior Member The Dane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fyrkat-Jutland
    Posts
    14,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lt-Col A. Tack View Post
    A new Black Hawk helicopter:

    AH-60L / S-70 Battle Hawk





    Link Link
    Denmark are considering buying combat helicopters.
    Because of our size i think we should go with something like this one.
    We need the flexibility which eg. Apache doesn't offer.

  7. #22
    Purveyor of intelligent reading material Lt-Col A. Tack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Posts
    10,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danskeren View Post
    Denmark are considering buying combat helicopters.
    Because of our size i think we should go with something like this one.
    We need the flexibility which eg. Apache doesn't offer.
    Kind of a neat product if you ask me. I believe it can be reconfigured to carry troops.

  8. #23
    Senior Member The Dane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fyrkat-Jutland
    Posts
    14,054

    Default

    Yup, that's my point.

  9. #24
    Proby? Wud dat? LongShot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lt-Col A. Tack View Post
    Hey, just making sure the Battle Hawk gets a little attention

    I'm not actually sure the Battle Hawk has acutally been sold to anyone, though.
    Australia is using them, has been since 1999 according to the linked article....at the bottom of the article there is a list of countries that use or have ordered the airframe.

  10. #25
    Purveyor of intelligent reading material Lt-Col A. Tack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Posts
    10,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongShot View Post
    Australia is using them, has been since 1999 according to the linked article....at the bottom of the article there is a list of countries that use or have ordered the airframe.
    I thought it was just being offered to Australia. Do you know if they actually purchased them?

  11. #26
    Proby? Wud dat? LongShot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lt-Col A. Tack View Post
    I thought it was just being offered to Australia. Do you know if they actually purchased them?

    According to the list of nations at the bottom of that article, and this website, they are in service with Australia.......still looking for more information.

    The Wiki page says they have them in service as well.......

  12. #27
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    6 pages of infractions, more than enough chances to modify behaviour.
    Age
    26
    Posts
    5,438

    Default

    That Battlehawk has a 30mm cannon mounted under it's nose?

  13. #28
    Purveyor of intelligent reading material Lt-Col A. Tack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Posts
    10,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdMillhouse View Post
    That Battlehawk has a 30mm cannon mounted under it's nose?
    Only 20 mm. Still neat, IMO.

  14. #29
    Senior Member The Dane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fyrkat-Jutland
    Posts
    14,054

    Default

    No, a THL-20 firing 20x102mm.
    Made by Giat/Nexter.

  15. #30
    Purveyor of intelligent reading material Lt-Col A. Tack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Posts
    10,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongShot View Post
    According to the list of nations at the bottom of that article, and this website, they are in service with Australia.......still looking for more information.

    The Wiki page says they have them in service as well.......
    I seem them listed in both places as:
    AH-60L Battle Hawk: Export version for the Australian Army

    I was assuming they were developed, but never purchased. I've seen nothing indicating numbers for this specific variant.

    Not challenging you or anything, I'm just not sure what to think.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •