Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 451

Thread: Chilean armed Forces

  1. #61
    Junior Member JBass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDCM View Post
    Thanks for the interesting pics, @anybody who posted here




    Anyone got anymore informations about this weapon station?
    Sure!!!
    1 x 25mm high-rate automatic Oerlikon Contraves KBA cannon mounted on a robotic one-man turret from Kuka Wehrtechnik.
    The gun has integral dual feed, remote feed select, internal recoil mechanism and fires between 100 and 600 shots per minute of all NATO standard 25mm ammunition, including armor-piercing, discarding sabot cartridge with a high-density tungsten alloy penetrator.

  2. #62
    Member DavidDCM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Jerman
    Posts
    801

    Default

    Thanks JBass! With this information I could find a couple more pics of it, enjoy:




    Credits go to "Librepensador" from zonamilitar.com.ar

    €dit/
    And while we're at it, some more pics from that page:

    M109


    Leopard 1V


    Biber AVLB


    M113 in some engineer vehicle version.
    Last edited by DavidDCM; 09-09-2008 at 07:26 PM.

  3. #63
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Age
    32
    Posts
    507

    Default

    A friend of mine posted this on another forum:



    Seems to be this baby, IAI's ADC3 (Air Defence Command, Control & Communication) system.

  4. #64
    Junior Member MAUS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisBV View Post
    A friend of mine posted this on another forum:



    Seems to be this baby, IAI's ADC3 (Air Defence Command, Control & Communication) system.
    Maybe the army bought the complete spyder system.

  5. #65
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MAUS1 View Post
    Maybe the army bought the complete spyder system.
    That would be nice... because the Chilean army really need a good modern air defence system.

  6. #66
    Junior Member JBass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Poor picture quality, but it's the most recent photo of a Chilean Leopard 2A4.
    Was taken a few days ago in Arica, Chile.


  7. #67
    Unicus Ac Immortalis II Dark Avenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Thessaloniki, HELLAS
    Age
    36
    Posts
    5,400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JBass View Post
    Sure!!!
    1 x 25mm high-rate automatic Oerlikon Contraves KBA cannon mounted on a robotic one-man turret from Kuka Wehrtechnik.
    The gun has integral dual feed, remote feed select, internal recoil mechanism and fires between 100 and 600 shots per minute of all NATO standard 25mm ammunition, including armor-piercing, discarding sabot cartridge with a high-density tungsten alloy penetrator.
    Weren't these formerly mounted on Dutch M113C&R recon vehicles?

  8. #68
    Junior Member JBass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Avenger View Post
    Weren't these formerly mounted on Dutch M113C&R recon vehicles?
    No, I don't think so.
    By the way, I have never seen a Lynx (M113C&R) in the Chilean Army.
    Unless you were talking about the YPR-765 (AIFV) like the one in the picture, the same 25mm cannon, but as you can see not the same tourret.


  9. #69
    Junior Member JBass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Just for fun, our president Ms. Bachelet and secretary of state Mr. Vidal, ready for action .


  10. #70
    Senior Member santana's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Some where in the Land of Sacré Coeur
    Posts
    10,074

    Default



    its that a Bradley style Tank?

  11. #71
    Junior Member JBass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by santana View Post


    its that a Bradley style Tank?
    Yes, you can say that.
    To be more accurate it's an Advanced Infantry Fighting Vehicle (AIFV)

  12. #72
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    213

    Default

    I saw a picture of an Armored Personnel Carrier variants equipped with the SPIKE ATGM

    Somebody got that picture?

  13. #73
    Senior Member santana's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Some where in the Land of Sacré Coeur
    Posts
    10,074

    Default

    But the torret is smaller, the spike in that tank could be awesome.

  14. #74
    Junior Member oldpainless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    AQP
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Poor picture quality, but it's the most recent photo of a Chilean Leopard 2A4.
    Was taken a few days ago in Arica, Chile.

    WOW!! Nice picture..Why the Chilean Army moved their Leo's to Arica?? Was some exercise or an exhibition???

    Just curious, when this picture was taken?? I was near to Arica the last days!! Damn!!!.. I lost a good chance to take pictures to the Leo's....

    Cheerss

    Erick

    P.D. What's the deal with the flag behind the tank. It looks like a Russian flag???
    Last edited by oldpainless; 09-11-2008 at 11:28 PM.

  15. #75
    Junior Member JBass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldpainless View Post
    WOW!! Nice picture..Why the Chilean Army moved their Leo's to Arica?? Was some exercise or an exhibition???

    Just curious, when this picture was taken?? I was near to Arica the last days!! Damn!!!.. I lost a good chance to take pictures to the Leo's....

    Cheerss

    Erick

    P.D. What's the deal with the flag behind the tank. It looks like a Russian flag???
    Erick, my mistake, the picture was taken in Iquique, in Cabancha, the last Sunday during a Chilean Army exhibition. As you may know September is the month of the army in Chile, so there's a lot of exhibitions and special events.

    Here is another picture of the last sunday exhibition, a Leopard 1V



    P.D. About the flag, I don't have a clue.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •