Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 457

Thread: Chilean armed Forces

  1. #31

    Default

    There was some stuff about Chilean Special Forces here:
    http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...hp/t-6146.html

  2. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Age
    32
    Posts
    507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barracuda7 View Post
    Armada de Chile IMO the best in the region
    Yeah, no kidding Chilean Navy has acquired some first class material lately.

    A few photos of the new Type 23 frigate FF06 Almirante Condell (ex-HMS Marlborough):

    (click for hi-res here)


    (click for hi-res here)


    (click for hi-res here)


    (click for hi-res here)

    Official Armada de Chile (ACh - Chilean Navy) photo of FF06 Condell (click for hi-res)

  3. #33

    Default

    yeah, CrisB
    certainly as good Chilean based in Lima will know that these frigates with 25 years old before being bought by Chile, are not the best because with the new anti-ship missile kh-31 of MIG-29 SMT peruavians that both try to decrease could be a target very easy to sink .. not think you are?


  4. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Age
    32
    Posts
    507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zukko View Post
    yeah, CrisB
    certainly as good Chilean based in Lima will know that these frigates with 25 years old before being bought by Chile
    I'm not Chilean, I'm Peruvian and I live in Peru

    What do you mean "25 years old"? FF06 Condell (ex-HMS Marlborough) was commissioned in 1991. FF05 Cochrane (ex-HMS Norfolk), in 1987 and FF07 Lynch (ex-HMS Grafton), in 1994. The "oldest" Type 23 in service now with the Chilean Navy is 21 and the newest, 14 years old.

    Anyway, we're talking about the hulls here, because weapons systems and sensors are up-to-date and current with Royal Navy standards. The "newest" Lupo, ex-MMI (Marina Militare Italiana) acquired by the MGP is more than 30 years old. And their sensors and weapons have not received any major upgrade in the recent years. That's not very encouraging if you ask me, giving the fact that Lupos are lightweight and fast vessels designed for hit-and-run tactics and that makes them vulnerable (a single missile hit could sink them). Their design is prior to the 1982 Falklands War; Type 23s and other vessels incorporate design elements based on the lessons learned from that war.

    I learned from a sales representative for MBDA that the MGP is interested in acquiring the latest version of the Exocet SSM, the MM40 Block 3 to equip our Lupos. But no official statement has been made. That would certainly put them side by side in terms of anti-surface warfare with other modern vessels in the region.

    Quote Originally Posted by zukko View Post
    are not the best because with the new anti-ship missile kh-31 of MIG-29 SMT peruavians that both try to decrease could be a target very easy to sink .. not think you are?
    Kh31 and such weapon systems are just plain desires and wet dreams right now. They are not and certainly will not be in service in Peru in the short term. Modernisation of MiG29 is scheduled to end next year at best and only 8 of the 19 aircraft we have will be upgraded... and there is no official statement or contract signed indicating the purchase or even interest by Air Force officials in such weapons and the reason is simple: the upgrade is intended to boost the MiG29 air-to-air capability for defensive purposes only.

    Anyway, I wouldn't call the Type 23 "easy" to sink, its sensors and soft-kill systems are very good and the VLS Sea Wolf Block 2 anti-air defence system is superb. They are very good ships and the fact that Chile has them now too doesn't change that.

  5. #35
    Senior Member pedro_rafael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Portland, Oregon, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,346

    Default




    Amazing, how things may change ....


    I need to photoshop this photo and put a T-55 instead of the Leopard-1.

    Somebody in another forum, posted an aerial view of the anti-tank mines placed in lines by the Chilean Army to stop armor coming from Peru in the 70s.

    Very visible, very linear.

    It may have been the wrong sample of mines, but anyway after reading all the bragging - i mean tons and tons of bragging - of how the Chilean armed forces and people would have stopped an imaginary invasion, couldn't stop wondering of what would have happen to Peru, after the slaughter of thousands of Chileans .... I mean, Pinochet got it right went he went to Kissinger for help.

    Amazing how things may change ...

    Saludos,


    PS: Btw awesome photos and equipment. Chilean Armed Forces are really, truly AWESOME !!!!

  6. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zukko View Post
    yeah, CrisB
    certainly as good Chilean based in Lima will know that these frigates with 25 years old before being bought by Chile, are not the best because with the new anti-ship missile kh-31 of MIG-29 SMT peruavians that both try to decrease could be a target very easy to sink .. not think you are?

    Well my friend right now the Peruvien Navy doesn't have the kh-31 anti ship missile in is inventory.

    So they Mig-29s have to face this before trying anything




    BTW this is our new toy in the anti-ship department


    Good luck
    Last edited by Barracuda7; 08-31-2008 at 05:48 PM.

  7. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Age
    32
    Posts
    507

    Default

    This topic is about Chilean Armed Forces, not about silly Chile vs. Peru childish and immature nonsense.

    Nuestros amigos extranjeros no tienen por qué enter**** que somos unos sudacas ridículos cometierra que nos peleamos por tonterías

  8. #38
    Senior Member pedro_rafael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Portland, Oregon, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisBV View Post
    This topic is about Chilean Armed Forces, not about silly Chile vs. Peru childish and immature nonsense.

    Nuestros amigos extranjeros no tienen por qué enter**** que somos unos sudacas ridículos cometierra que nos peleamos por tonterías

    Yes Mommy, whatever you say ...

  9. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Age
    32
    Posts
    507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pedro_rafael View Post
    Yes Mommy, whatever you say ...
    You keep posting photos of every piece of junk local welders try to portray as "modernisations" and "weapon systems" (such as that doctored - meaning, made in Photoshop - photo of a 9M14-2T Malyutka on the rail of a makeshift sand buggy - because the missile was taken from a brochure by YugoImport and pasted in the most crude of ways) or looking for everyone else's photos to host them on your... ehm, "website" (quoting "courtesy of...") and carry on.

    Can't you see you make us look foolish to the rest of the world? You think it's cute?

  10. #40
    Senior Member pedro_rafael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Portland, Oregon, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisBV View Post
    You keep posting photos of every piece of junk local welders try to portray as "modernisations" and "weapon systems" (such as that doctored - meaning, made in Photoshop - photo of a 9M14-2T Malyutka on the rail of a makeshift sand buggy - because the missile was taken from a brochure by YugoImport and pasted in the most crude of ways) or looking for everyone else's photos to host them on your... ehm, "website" (quoting "courtesy of...") and carry on.

    Can't you see you make us look foolish to the rest of the world? You think it's cute?

    puuuffff .... Dude,

    You are *****ing nuts.

    I'm not your mirror, sorry ...

  11. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Age
    32
    Posts
    507

    Default

    Yeah, whatever, nobody really cares anyway, just you bumping threads with every new piece of (dis)information you can get your hands on.

    Anyway, back to Chilean Armed Forces:

    Another naval unit Chile recently acquired from Britain (2003 I think), the Type 22 Batch 2 frigate FF19 Almirante Williams (ex-HMS Sheffield):

    During refit in the UK before delivery:






    Frigate Williams (top), BAP Carvajal (FM-51, missile frigate Lupo, Peru - bottom) and Ticonderoga-class cruiser (CG-51) USS Thomas S. Gates (United States) - centre - during manoeuvres in exercise UNITAS '05:

    (click here for hi-res)

    Great-looking ship! Sleeker and more visually appealing than the County class destroyer (Blanco Encalada - ex-HMS Fife) it replaced

  12. #42
    Senior Member Eoin666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Black Country
    Posts
    1,613

    Default

    Some nicely balanced modernisation programs by Chile

  13. #43
    Junior Member JBass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    27

    Default

    My contribution.

    The Chilean Air Force

    A-36CC Halcon (Casa C-101CC)







    A-37 Dragonfly




  14. #44
    Junior Member JBass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    27

    Default

    F-5E/F Tigre III














  15. #45
    Junior Member JBass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    27

    Default

    F-16A/B MLU (Block 20)


















Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •