Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151618 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 446

Thread: Chilean armed Forces

  1. #106

    Default

    wow. some pretty H Hittin hardware the chileans have. dont they do trainig stuff with us (NZ?) when were the Shermans retired?

  2. #107
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    244

    Default

    Would someone know when the Chilean marines adopted the H&K HK33A4 assault rifle? Also, has anyone a clear photo of the underbarrel grenade launcher seen mounted on some of their rifles? It looks similar to the Singaporean patterns . . . Many thanks!

    Cheers

    HANS

  3. #108
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    213

    Default




    I like that picture, look like something from Star wars (aka; Darth Vader )

  4. #109
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tijuana, B.C., Mexico
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Do you know where this picture was taken? I think I may have seen this ship in the San Diego Bay in California, USA.

  5. #110
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    BRING IT ON, GREEK RIOT DOG!!!
    Posts
    5,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JBass View Post
    Only three I believe.
    ...and one of them was mod locally for transport/vip use. It really is not the ideal a/c for the Chilean Navy. The C295MP will be a much better fit.

  6. #111
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    BRING IT ON, GREEK RIOT DOG!!!
    Posts
    5,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rOjOdogg View Post
    Do you know where this picture was taken? I think I may have seen this ship in the San Diego Bay in California, USA.
    Only the very best of Alpha Marine Services, Inc., for visiting units.

  7. #112
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Between Absurdistan and Germany
    Posts
    182

    Default

    In what seems to be a propaganda video, there is some footage of LEO2's. And more of course.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=DE&hl=de&v=-X1g4CwlzQs

  8. #113
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Age
    32
    Posts
    507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    In what seems to be a propaganda video
    I believe it is an official video (propaganda, if you like) released during the national holidays.

  9. #114
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Age
    32
    Posts
    507

    Default

    Here's an interesting one:



    It's the Type 22 frigate FF19 Almirante Williams (ex-Royal Navy HMS Sheffield) fitted with her new Oto Melara 76mm naval gun. Photo by MECANICONAVAL (La Base Naval forum).

  10. #115
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    BRING IT ON, GREEK RIOT DOG!!!
    Posts
    5,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisBV View Post
    Here's an interesting one:



    It's the Type 22 frigate FF19 Almirante Williams (ex-Royal Navy HMS Sheffield) fitted with her new Oto Melara 76mm naval gun. Photo by MECANICONAVAL (La Base Naval forum).
    Hear she was trashing the Exocet's and getting fitted for Harpoons. Any further info on that??

  11. #116
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Age
    32
    Posts
    507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Panchito12 View Post
    Hear she was trashing the Exocet's and getting fitted for Harpoons. Any further info on that??
    Yes, the mountings for Harpoon canisters have been already tested/installed aboard the ship. Perhaps they will be fitted as in Batch 3 RN Type 22s.

    The Sea Wolf launcher is already gone as well, as it will be replaced by a Barak VLS cell.

  12. #117

    Default

    Hey guys, looking for some good quality pics of the "Comandos de la Infanterķa de Marina". A link maybe?

    In the Armada web page there isn't much.

    The only ones I found in the net are those with pro-tecs and MP5s in a UNITAS exercise.

    Gracias!

  13. #118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wamba View Post
    Hey guys, looking for some good quality pics of the "Comandos de la Infanterķa de Marina". A link maybe?

    In the Armada web page there isn't much.

    The only ones I found in the net are those with pro-tecs and MP5s in a UNITAS exercise.

    Gracias!

    Here's some that you can start with.Good luck and let us know how you get on.

    http://faroportales.blogspot.com

    http://base.mforos.com/

    www.defensa.pe/forumdisplay.php?f=50

    www.booksofchile.cl/detalle.php?opcion=1@1d=17 (an excellent book on Cuerpo infanteria de Marina de la Armada de Chile)

    There's some suff on youtube.com under 'Armada de Chile','Comandos Chilenos','Infanteria de Marina' etc. Also, have you googled 'Infanteria de marina de la Armada de chile'? You'd be quite surprised at what turns up under both 'text' and 'images'.

  14. #119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by retrobob View Post
    There's some suff on youtube.com under 'Armada de Chile','Comandos Chilenos','Infanteria de Marina' etc. Also, have you googled 'Infanteria de marina de la Armada de chile'? You'd be quite surprised at what turns up under both 'text' and 'images'.
    Thanks mate! Yep done all of the above, seen a couple of Comandos vids in youtube (I'm looking for stills though), search several spanish speaking forums and got close to nil in pics of the Comandos.

  15. #120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wamba View Post
    Thanks mate! Yep done all of the above, seen a couple of Comandos vids in youtube (I'm looking for stills though), search several spanish speaking forums and got close to nil in pics of the Comandos.
    Here's another one, http://razonyfuerza.mforos.com/ .I'll keep looking also.
    Last edited by retrobob; 05-11-2009 at 04:43 PM. Reason: spelling

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •