Page 196 of 196 FirstFirst ... 96146186188189190191192193194195196
Results 2,926 to 2,928 of 2928

Thread: Islamic Republic of Iran Armed Forces - Official thread

Those who would give up Liberty to purchase a little Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Mashhadi View Post
    There are many Rakhsh APCs equipped with ZU-23 cannons in service with the border guards but most need to be manned on the outside. As far as I know this is the only Rakhsh shown equipped with optics and a remote cannon.
    That is true. Never saw one like that before.

At the same time, Rakhsh is a fairly old APC so I doubt they are still developing it.
    I'm not so sure about that. The turreted ones seem to be newer and at least the one in the picture was never seen before....

Quote Originally Posted by Namin View Post
    Toophan-6 and Toophan-7 have also been built although they have not been unveiled, in all there will be 11 versions of Toophan.

http://www.farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=13930328000575
    Wow I didn't know that, doesn't 11 seem like too many though? Do they all have different roles or are some going to replace the other versions?

Quote Originally Posted by Fakum12 View Post
    I'm not so sure about that. The turreted ones seem to be newer and at least the one in the picture was never seen before....
    Well we shall see. Obviously a version with a RWS would be a huge improvement to the current ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Mashhadi View Post
    Wow I didn't know that, doesn't 11 seem like too many though? Do they all have different roles or are some going to replace the other versions?
    Like the Block I/II/III + A/B/C/D designations of western missiles (Block IA, Block IIC, etc.) as they continue to evolve.