Page 168 of 168 FirstFirst ... 68118158160161162163164165166167168
Results 2,506 to 2,517 of 2517

Thread: Islamic Republic of Iran Armed Forces - Official thread

Quote Originally Posted by tadeus View Post
    What is it?
    That is a minesweeping sled which Iran is making since 2013.
    http://www.uskowioniran.com/2013/05/...o-perform.html
    http://www.presstv.com/detail/2013/0...eeping-system/

These minesweepers are a copy of MK 105 which have been supplied to Iran during the shah time.

Ashoura fast boat simulator

April 20, 2014 (Persian calendar 1393/1/31)

Ashoura عاشورا fast boat simulator designed and built in Isfahan اصفهان Iran.

[IRINN - Persian]

Interesting photo...So Iran is training to operate MANPAD's from it's speed boats and missile craft. I think that should have been assumed, but this is pretty clear proof of it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	idLFDLUclFfAp.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	217642

They simulate sinking a Tico class CG with a fast patrol craft ?
    http://i.minus.com/ibm58E1iWAP1je.jpg

'International Day for Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action' Tehran - Iran

April 8, 2014 (Persian calendar 1393/1/19)

In this video you can find some 'Landmine clearing vehicles' and 'Anti Landmine / Anti explosive Garments' made by Iran.

[PressTV - English]

Not just any CG, but Vincennes. Probably payback for Iran Air 655. Notwithstanding that she's been mothballed....

Quote Originally Posted by xav View Post
    They simulate sinking a Tico class CG with a fast patrol craft ?
    http://i.minus.com/ibm58E1iWAP1je.jpg
    Yes the Iranians are trying to say they can sink a Missile Cruiser with those 107mm MLRS RIB's

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wiser View Post
    Not just any CG, but Vincennes. Probably payback for Iran Air 655. Notwithstanding that she's been mothballed....
    Except I don't think the Vincennes every had VLS + she's now scrapped I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloo View Post
    Yes the Iranians are trying to say they can sink a Missile Cruiser with those 107mm MLRS RIB's
    Where do you see them make that claim? I only see a ship on fire, as far as I can see it is not sinking.

A brand new digital control systems for Tehran Research Reactor

April 9, 2014 (Persian calendar 1393/1/20)

A brand new digital control systems fully designed and fabricated by Iranian engineers. From now on operators working in this new control room built outside Iran’s only researcher reactor in Tehran will be monitoring and controlling the process of producing radio-pharmaceuticals after the old one experienced a couple of glitches.
    To find out what this means in practical term we went inside the reactor to take a closer look. The blue rays in the pool scientifically know as Cherenkov radiation indicate that the reactor is on. The Tehran Research Reactor is a 5 megawatt thermal pool-type light water research reactor which was built back in 1967 with the help of the US and operating on high-grade uranium. Since we weren’t able provide replacement fuel from the United States or Europe after the revolution; Argentina helped convert the reactor’s fuel from 90 percent enriched uranium to slightly less than 20 percent in 1987. Since the fuel provided by Argentina was not sufficient for multiple refueling; in February 2012, Iran loaded its first domestically produced fuel elements into the reactor. The reactor core normally consists of 27 fuel elements, of about 30 kg of uranium. In the control room everything is being monitored. A bar chart on the wall shows the activities of the reactor since the day it became operational making Iran one of the only 31 countries in the world that have nuclear reactors. The reactor has been mainly been used for research purposes but in … when it became impossible to import radio-pharmaceuticals for cancer patients because of the sanctions imposed on Iran; since it had the hot cells necessary for the production of radio-isotopes it began production. However, when the reactor almost ran out fuel two years ago, Iran simply had to produce the 20% enriched uranium fuel that the reactor needed. And the best solution is obviously a control room fully designed and built by Iranian engineers.

Tehran Research Reactor Geo coordinate
    35.7384°N, 51.3882°E

[PressTV - English]

* Different video, Persian language has already posted here:
    http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...=1#post7126408