Page 215 of 225 FirstFirst ... 115165205207208209210211212213214215216217218219220221222223 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 3371

Thread: Canadian Armed Forces, Forces canadiennes

Quote Originally Posted by ubermensche View Post
    Nice effort. The RIMPAC pics have already been posted here I think. And most people here just directly go to Combat Camera if they want to see CF pics.
    Went back quite a ways, didn't see it. I know some ​RIMPAC pics have been posted already, but I didn't see these ones.

That aside, if everyone just went to the official websites and didn't bother posting them here, the site might as well shut down.

I haven't seen those ones either. Good post.

Some CJIRU promotional pics. Funny how the CANSOF website is filled with dead links.

Is "never unprepared" a double negative?

DND cutbacks require the CF to clean and reuse air filters...

Others from Combat Camera.

Sniper Course training...

New helmets?

Thanks for those promo pictures. They're pretty neat actually. I was a little faster than you with those combat camera pictures - they're part of my post just one page earlier.

PS: Never unprepared isn't a double negative (because unprepared is one word, unlike 'not prepared')

Thanks AnoSynum for the previous posts!

Quote Originally Posted by AnoSynum View Post
    Thanks for those promo pictures. They're pretty neat actually. I was a little faster than you with those combat camera pictures - they're part of my post just one page earlier.

PS: Never unprepared isn't a double negative (because unprepared is one word, unlike 'not prepared')
    Damn. Just sounds awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by LoboCanada View Post
    Damn. Just sounds awkward.
    I suppose they don't feel confident enough to say "Always Prepared" - too much of a obligation. They can't guarantee they're always prepared, but at least the will never be completely unprepared.

Quote Originally Posted by LoboCanada View Post
    Sniper Course training...

I remember seeing a video on this on the Army website, it's some snipers from R22eR training with some new rappelling kit/method. Might have just been some unit run training, not a Basic Sniper course.

*edited to add link to video
    http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/land-te...ng.asp?id=5799
    Last edited by Skeletor-; 12-30-2012 at 05:32 PM.

If they go with that new helmet system, I am going to find the one responsible and sh1t in his boots.

For Queen and Country Roy Batty's Avatar

That helmet looks like it would be totally handy for a signaller with a headset

You should see the mandible attachment....makes a cheek weld an impossibility. Probably trialed by the same jacka$$ who trialed the tac vest...and the new "Mushroom" colored boots

Keeping it in the family pascalywood's Avatar

Mushroom colored boots? Id be curious to see that. I left the military so I dont get to hear about the new gear anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Batty View Post
    That helmet looks like it would be totally handy for a signaller with a headset

You should see the mandible attachment....makes a cheek weld an impossibility. Probably trialed by the same jacka$$ who trialed the tac vest...and the new "Mushroom" colored boots
    Looks like those side protectors will be removable, so at least there's that. With those removed, the helmet should look a whole lot like the British Mk.6, shouldn't it? That aside, anything should be better than this monstrosity:

Aaaaaargh, kill it with fire!

Quote Originally Posted by AnoSynum View Post
    Looks like those side protectors will be removable, so at least there's that. With those removed, the helmet should look a whole lot like the British Mk.6, shouldn't it? That aside, anything should be better than this monstrosity:
    Aaaaaargh, kill it with fire!
    A clear example of over-engineering a product..

Curing The Sick With My Noodley Appendage

Clear example of the CF always reinventing the wheel and coming up with a octagon.

Same person who came up with the design of the combat boots, installing accuwedge in the C8s, tac latch and we can go on.

Typical engineering bull*****... I tell you it's not only in the CF. Whenever engineers manage to put their hands on something they'll ruin it. I might be a little broad in my statement but hell I've seen it first hand with various MIL contracts we've had at work over the years. Not listening to the guys who actually use the stuff and much less about the people doing the testing.