Page 209 of 222 FirstFirst ... 109159199201202203204205206207208209210211212213214215216217219 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 3329

Thread: Canadian Armed Forces, Forces canadiennes

Tom of Mumbai's fluffer ubermensche's Avatar
    On a beach, having a nice BBQ with Marine SEALs.

Nice effort. The RIMPAC pics have already been posted here I think. And most people here just directly go to Combat Camera if they want to see CF pics.

And on we go:

[*******#000000][FONT=Arial]On August 3, 2012, during the final stage of sharpshooter training and on the very last morning of EXERCISE TIREUR ACCOMPLI, a sharpshooter and his observer are in firing position after they’ve taken cover on the firing range at a training sector of Valcartier Garrison.[/FONT][/COLOR][*******#000000][FONT=Arial]Ex TIREUR ACCOMPLI, which took place over a period of five days, was the final exercise in sharpshooter training. The training was meant to put sharpshooter training participants from 5 CMBG to the test in an urban area.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#000000][FONT=Arial]Sharpshooter training took place at Valcartier Garrison during the months of June, July and August, 2012. The 26 participants were from the 1st, 2nd and 3rd infantry battalions of the R22eR.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#000000][FONT=Arial]Photo: Sgt Sébastin Fréchette, Director – Army Public Affairs, HQ LFQA[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#000000][FONT=Arial]© 2012, DND/MDN, Canada[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#000000][FONT=Arial]

Pte Peter Barthel (Left) and Cpl Doug Ryan of A Company, 2 Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry hold an all around defence position while waiting for orders to conduct a live fire attack during Ex Kapyong RIMPAC. As the NEO (Non-Combatant Evacuation Operation) unit, A-Coy of 2 PPCLI will be travelling to Hawaii to take part in RIMPAC 12.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#000000][FONT=Arial]NEOs are conducted to assist the US Department of State (DOS) in evacuating non-combatants, non-essential military personnel, selected host-nation citizens, and third country nationals whose lives are in danger. These individuals are evacuated from a foreign host nation to an appropriate safe haven and/or the United States.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#000000][FONT=Arial]RIMPAC is a Commander, Pacific Fleet multinational component exercise that occurs on even years in the Hawaiian Islands. RIMPAC-12 will be a multinational field exercise held from June-August 2012 with approximately 30 ships, 7 submarines, 200 aircraft, and 25,000 personnel from 22 invited nations.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#000000][FONT=Arial]Photo by MCpl Bern LeBlanc, Canadian Army Public Affairs, CFB Shilo[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#000000][FONT=Arial]Canadian Forces Image Number: AS2012-0015-001[/FONT][/COLOR]

Petawawa, Ontario
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#000000][FONT=Arial]Cpl Patrick Rabosa and Cpl Alex Hamilton of Charles Company, 1 RCR, fire 60mm illumination mortar rounds at the CFB Petawawa ranges.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#000000][FONT=Arial]1st Battalion of the Royal Canadian Regiment Charles Company conducted the last live fire for the 60mm mortar.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#000000][FONT=Arial]Photo by Cpl Mark Schombs, CFB Petawawa, Base Imaging[/FONT][/COLOR]

Aboard a Bison ambulance, two medical technicians from 5 Fd Amb stage the simulated explosion of an improvised explosive device during Exercise THUNDER, which took place at Valcartier on 24 May 2012.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#000000][FONT=Arial]Lasting two days, Exercise THUNDER was designed to show ambulance students from the Quebec City area the skills and expertise learned by military medical technicians during various overseas deployments.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#000000][FONT=Arial]Over the past 10 years, under a mandate from Land Force Quebec Area (LFQA), medical technicians from 5 Fd Amb furnished personnel and medical support for three CF combat missions in Afghanistan.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#000000][FONT=Arial]Photo by Sgt Sébastien Fréchette.
    LV2012-033-01[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Exercise TARGHEE SUMMIT

Reservists from The Princess Louise Fusiliers and soldiers from The New Hampshire Army National Guard climbed to new heights while revisiting the once notorious Devil’s Brigade training grounds for Mountain Operations training on Exercise TARGHEE SUMMIT.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#000000][FONT=Arial]Over 100 Canadian and US personnel from The Princess Louise Fusiliers, New Hampshire Army National Guard, Land Force Atlantic Area HQ, 36 Canadian Brigade Group HQ, The West Nova Scotia Regiment, The 1st Battalion, The Nova Scotia Highlanders and 33 Field Ambulance (Halifax), Canadian Forces Health Services (Atlantic), 37 Signals Regiment Detachment (Saint John) took part on the exercise held from 26 Apr – 7 May, 2012. The exercise also helped foster camaraderie, boost moral and bridged the gap between Canadian and US soldiers.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#000000][FONT=Arial]Photo by Sergeant Lance Wade, 36 Canadian Brigade Group Public Affairs[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Last edited by AnoSynum; 12-28-2012 at 07:24 PM.

Once you pop, you never stop...

[*******#000000][FONT=Arial]Exercise BISON WARRIOR 2012[/FONT][/COLOR]

[*******#000000][FONT=Arial]Exercise BISON WARRIOR 2012 is an Area concentration ex. conducted by the Primary Reserve. 38 CBG planed and executed Exercise BISON WARRIOR 2012 (BWI2) at CFB SHILO over the period of 27 April to 06 May 2012. This exercise focused on stand based training at Level 2-3 culminating with a combined arms training for the final portion of the exercise.[/FONT][/COLOR][*******#000000][FONT=Arial]Photo by MCpl Bern LeBlanc, Canadian Army Public Affairs, CFB Shilo[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Exercise LION D’ÉLITE

Ex LION D’ÉLITE was held at Valcartier Garrison 27–30 March. The purpose of the exercise, staged by 3 R22eR, was to train 5 Canadian Mechanized Brigade Group snipers on all the tactical aspects of a sniper’s job.
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#000000][FONT=Arial]Photo: Sgt Sébastien Fréchette[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#000000][FONT=Arial]Canadian Forces Image no. LV2012-018-03[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Exercise RAFALE BLANCHE

Sgt Louis Pedneault puts chains on a wheel of his vehicle during Ex RAFALE BLANCHE.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#000000][FONT=Arial]Ex RAFALE BLANCHE, an urban and rural winter exercise, took place in the Chaudière-Appalaches region from January 31 to February 2. As well as snowmobiles, snowshoes and skis, the 3,000 members of 5 Canadian Mechanized Brigade Group used some 700 vehicles to get around.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by ubermensche View Post
    Nice effort. The RIMPAC pics have already been posted here I think. And most people here just directly go to Combat Camera if they want to see CF pics.
    Went back quite a ways, didn't see it. I know some ​RIMPAC pics have been posted already, but I didn't see these ones.

That aside, if everyone just went to the official websites and didn't bother posting them here, the site might as well shut down.

I haven't seen those ones either. Good post.

Some CJIRU promotional pics. Funny how the CANSOF website is filled with dead links.

Is "never unprepared" a double negative?

DND cutbacks require the CF to clean and reuse air filters...

Others from Combat Camera.

Sniper Course training...

New helmets?

Thanks for those promo pictures. They're pretty neat actually. I was a little faster than you with those combat camera pictures - they're part of my post just one page earlier.

PS: Never unprepared isn't a double negative (because unprepared is one word, unlike 'not prepared')

Thanks AnoSynum for the previous posts!

Quote Originally Posted by AnoSynum View Post
    Thanks for those promo pictures. They're pretty neat actually. I was a little faster than you with those combat camera pictures - they're part of my post just one page earlier.

PS: Never unprepared isn't a double negative (because unprepared is one word, unlike 'not prepared')
    Damn. Just sounds awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by LoboCanada View Post
    Damn. Just sounds awkward.
    I suppose they don't feel confident enough to say "Always Prepared" - too much of a obligation. They can't guarantee they're always prepared, but at least the will never be completely unprepared.

Quote Originally Posted by LoboCanada View Post
    Sniper Course training...

I remember seeing a video on this on the Army website, it's some snipers from R22eR training with some new rappelling kit/method. Might have just been some unit run training, not a Basic Sniper course.

*edited to add link to video
    http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/land-te...ng.asp?id=5799
    Last edited by Skeletor-; 12-30-2012 at 06:32 PM.

If they go with that new helmet system, I am going to find the one responsible and sh1t in his boots.

In your car, wishing you had a better car.

Mushroom colored boots? Id be curious to see that. I left the military so I dont get to hear about the new gear anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by AnoSynum View Post
    Looks like those side protectors will be removable, so at least there's that. With those removed, the helmet should look a whole lot like the British Mk.6, shouldn't it? That aside, anything should be better than this monstrosity:
    Aaaaaargh, kill it with fire!
    A clear example of over-engineering a product..

Curing The Sick With My Noodley Appendage

Clear example of the CF always reinventing the wheel and coming up with a octagon.

Same person who came up with the design of the combat boots, installing accuwedge in the C8s, tac latch and we can go on.