Page 216 of 219 FirstFirst ... 116166206208209210211212213214215216217218219 LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 3279

Thread: Canadian Armed Forces, Forces canadiennes

Someone delete the massive pic dump I posted here?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...29470204_n.jpg
    Canadian sniper on the Gromingen UO Village obstacle course during the 17th Annual Canadian International Sniper Concentration at the 5th Canadian Division Support Base Gagetown 24 September 2013.

The 17th Annual Canadian International Sniper Concentration is an excellent opportunity for teams from Canada’s land forces as well allied and police snipers to further develop capabilities related to sniper-specific skill sets. This is achieved by focusing on the operational experience and lessons learned by Canada and its allies, to create esprit de corps, to develop healthy competition and to generate discussion about ways to improve sniper skills-sets for all parties involved.

Photo by: Cpl Claude ****neault, CAF Imagery Technician.
    5 CDSB Gagetown - BS 5 Div CA Gagetown
    2013 DND-MDN Canada — in Gagetown, New Brunswick.

Quote Originally Posted by LoboCanada View Post
    Someone delete the massive pic dump I posted here?

For Queen and Country Roy Batty's Avatar

[img]http://i44.*******.com/2nbao93.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/hsur0w.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/o7plsl.jpg[/img]

In your car, wishing you had a better car.

CSOR at the airshow in Bagotville. They must hate these kind of dog-and-pony shows

Tom of Mumbai's fluffer ubermensche's Avatar
    On a beach, having a nice BBQ with Marine SEALs.

I met a couple of guys from CSOR when the CF had an exhibition for the Army Run in Ottawa. Most of them seem to not really care about it, but there was this one guy who was explaining to me all the working parts of a GMG. It was pretty cool. Too bad I didn't take any pics.

Quote Originally Posted by pascalywood View Post
    CSOR at the airshow in Bagotville. They must hate these kind of dog-and-pony shows
    I'm sure they do. Walking around with rifles out in full gear while everyone is wearing casual clothes is surefire way of attracting unwanted attention.

They had an information booth there as well as the demos.

Quote Originally Posted by vinny_121_ND View Post
    I'm sure they do. Walking around with rifles out in full gear while everyone is wearing casual clothes is surefire way of attracting unwanted attention.
    Impossible. They're wearing multicam, and we all know multicam works EVERYWHERE. I'm surprised the photographer even noticed them in time to snap the photos.

This nine minute documentary highlights the actions of the First Special Service Force (FSSF) during the battle for Mount La Difensa in Italy during the Second World War. The Forcemen of the FSSF overcame great odds and took the German positions on La Difensa which lead to the taking of the city of Rome by the Allies.
    http://www.combatcamera.forces.gc.ca...e=combatcamera

I live not far from the DND and sometimes I come across people in Tan berets. I always thought that there was a huge OPSEC thing around SOF units.Can someone explain this to me?

Quote Originally Posted by ubermensche View Post
    I live not far from the DND and sometimes I come across people in Tan berets. I always thought that there was a huge OPSEC thing around SOF units.Can someone explain this to me?
    Seeing a member wearing a tan beret is not a PERSEC/OPSEC issue, if that is what you are wondering.

You live not far from DND? Do you mean NDHQ in Ottawa? The tan berets you are seeing most likely belong to the CANSOFCOM HQ pers. If you go to Petawawa/Trenton, you will also see tan berets from members in the units posted there. CSOR has taken part in a few public displays, have some photos in the news, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor- View Post
    Are you concerned for the PERSEC of these members?

You live not far from DND? You mean NDHQ in Ottawa? The tan berets you are seeing most likely belong to the CANSOFCOM HQ pers. If you go to Petawawa/Trenton, you will also see tan berets, etc from members in the units posted there. CSOR has taken part in a few public displays, have some photos in the news, etc.
    Yeah, I meant PERSEC. I live on the campus of University of Ottawa, which is across the street from NDHQ. So yeah, I'm pretty sure they belong to them, but I'm still surprised to see them showing everyone that they're special forces.

CSOR had an exhibition during the 5K/21K run. I was able to talk to some of them, it was pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by ubermensche View Post
    So yeah, I'm pretty sure they belong to them, but I'm still surprised to see them showing everyone that they're special forces.
    To clarify, it just means they are part of the command.

As this is a photo thread, here are some pics of the 3PPCLI BG during Op Apollo 2002

http://imageshack.us/a/img9/9141/d9kp.jpg
    A CH-47 Chinook drops members of a coalition force into the Tora Bora region of Afghanistan in support of Operation Torii on May 4, 2002. Operation Torii was a coalition operation consisting of over 400 members from the United States, Canada, and the Afghanistan Military Forces (AMF) to gather intelligence. They also exploited and denied entrance to four underground sites in the Tora Bora region.
    Photo credit: Jeremy Lock

http://imageshack.us/a/img834/4172/f9dy.jpg
    On April 10, 2002, an Apache helicopter crash-landed at a remote site northeast of Kandahar, Afghanistan. The helicopter was assessed, and the decision was made to destroy it. A combination of C-4, Hellfire missiles, surface-to-ground rockets, and 30mm rounds destroyed the helicopter with a thousand-pound explosion. The following day, after providing security for the downed Apache, these members of the Canadian Ground Security Forces wait for extraction as a CH-47 Chinook lands.
    Photo credit: Jeremy Lock

http://imageshack.us/a/img202/4117/jn68.jpg
    A CH-47 Chinook gunner, B Company "Hercules," 159th Aviation Regiment, Hunter Army Airfield, Georgia, directs the last members from the 1st Platoon, A Company, 3rd Battalion, Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry (3 PPCLI) Battle Group, Reconnaissance Squadron (Victoria Patricia (3VP)), and American personnel, of the downed AH-64 Apache recovery teams onto his aircraft. The Chinook landed at a site northeast of Kandahar where an Apache helicopter crash-landed during Operation ENDURING FREEDOM. (USAF PHOTO BY SSGT JEREMY T. LOCK 020411-F-1644L-002)
    Last edited by Skeletor-; 12-05-2013 at 08:54 PM.