Page 216 of 222 FirstFirst ... 116166206208209210211212213214215216217218219220221222 LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 3329

Thread: Canadian Armed Forces, Forces canadiennes

  1. #3226
    Senior Member calimero2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ubermensche View Post
    Pretty cool! I didn't know Canada placed an order for upgraded Chinooks. They look like the MH-47 variant, so I assume they're gonna be used by CANSOFCOM?
    15 CH-147F have been ordered. This is the CH-47F version, not the MH-47.

  2. #3227
    Senior Member Vince S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    On a marathon starting line
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ubermensche View Post
    Wait, you mean that we're actually proceeding with the CV-90s?
    I can't be sure they're proceeding with the actual purchases of the CV90. But we are working on features for BAE that were supposedly asked by the CF

  3. #3228
    Senior Member Hutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    It's the f*cking Catalina wine mixer.
    Posts
    5,830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ubermensche View Post
    Pretty cool! I didn't know Canada placed an order for upgraded Chinooks. They look like the MH-47 variant, so I assume they're gonna be used by CANSOFCOM?
    Those are 'F+' models.

  4. #3229
    For Queen and Country Roy Batty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Viva la Revolucion
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,952

    Default

    The losses of Coyotes in Astan were heavy to say the least and last I heard some of the TAPVs were going to get fitted with Surv suites. Once a 'Yote is done it's done. They aren't making any more (which is why the RCD have a bunch of LAV IIIs in their stables)

  5. #3230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Batty View Post
    The losses of Coyotes in Astan were heavy to say the least and last I heard some of the TAPVs were going to get fitted with Surv suites. Once a 'Yote is done it's done. They aren't making any more (which is why the RCD have a bunch of LAV IIIs in their stables)
    Here's hoping the CV90 purchase gets a move on, then?

  6. #3231
    Like a bad weed Recceboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Great White North ,and not in the sandbox in my beast sweating my butt off.
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Why the CV 90 then ? The hull doesn't hold enough troops for what the DND are looking for. Might be jumping the gun..........

  7. #3232
    For Queen and Country Roy Batty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Viva la Revolucion
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,952

    Default

    The CV 90 is a machine with a seriously tiny troop compartment. I know a few dudes who trialed it and that was numero uno on the list of issues. Not enough space for Infantry.

  8. #3233
    Tactical Plumber - Pontificator on all matters DPM - NATO stock numbers a speciality Lerch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Westman
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,889

    Default

    I'm just gonna mention that VinceS works at Soucy, the guys that put rubber tracks on our TLAV's...doubtless that the CV90's aren't for us and it's just a contract or trial for the Swedes.

    Also, wasn't the TAPV suppposed to be the replacement vehicle for the LSVW?

  9. #3234
    For Queen and Country Roy Batty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Viva la Revolucion
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,952

    Default

    The TAPV replaces the RG-31, The Coyote and augments the G-wagon fleet.....That being said; I did hear a decent rumor about the CF looking at the 6x6 G-Wagon......Now that would replace the LSVW nicely.

  10. #3235
    Sitzpinkler Sniffit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The capital of Scandinavia
    Posts
    4,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Batty View Post
    The CV 90 is a machine with a seriously tiny troop compartment. I know a few dudes who trialed it and that was numero uno on the list of issues. Not enough space for Infantry.
    Interesting, the evalauction vehicle the Canadians have is the 9035 with the larger troop compartment.

  11. #3236
    For Queen and Country Roy Batty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Viva la Revolucion
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,952

    Default

    God...I hope not. The ones we "tried out" in Cali were tiny.

    Keep in mind we are coming from an Army that loves the LAV III and are used to spending hours at a time in them. Not sure if that was intended with the CV

    edit; It's entirely possible we were riding in a 9025(?)...I don't really recall.

  12. #3237
    Senior Member rhino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    I Stand On A Rock Of Jesus Christ+
    Posts
    15,362

    Default

    got a feeling regular camelback inspections will become a norm soon if not already

  13. #3238
    For Queen and Country Roy Batty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Viva la Revolucion
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,952

    Default

    Somebody find a Camelbak full of Vodka?

  14. #3239
    Senior Member rhino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    I Stand On A Rock Of Jesus Christ+
    Posts
    15,362

    Default

    shhhhhh, I was washing the bloody things must have forgot to rinse it ???? Warrant!

  15. #3240
    Sitzpinkler Sniffit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The capital of Scandinavia
    Posts
    4,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Batty View Post
    God...I hope not. The ones we "tried out" in Cali were tiny.

    Keep in mind we are coming from an Army that loves the LAV III and are used to spending hours at a time in them. Not sure if that was intended with the CV

    edit; It's entirely possible we were riding in a 9025(?)...I don't really recall.
    In Cali? If it was back in '07 those were regular Swedish CV9040C without the extra headroom..
    But yea, compared to a LAVIII they are pretty cramped.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •