Page 7 of 216 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian Armed Forces, Forces canadiennes

Quote Originally Posted by Factanonverba View Post
    I don't know his name of green olive i'm not from this time, i'm from newer uniform and the CADPAT is better than this version and many are from British Stock , well in my regiment that was from British Stock.
    My Apologies, I didn't mean to condescend.
    I agree the Cadpat uniform certainly looks much better and is probably much more effective than the old CF Greens. They very well could have been manufactured in Britain, even influenced by the design but the CF Green uniforms were 100% of Canadian Design for the CF.

It is credited with being "One of the longest serving uniforms in the history of the Canadian Forces" ("New Combat Clothing for Canadian Army" CAJ, Vol.XVI No.1, 1962, pp12-13). It was in service for over 40 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_H View Post

At a guess I'd say that soldier pictured is wearing "Coat, Combat, Light Weight, MK III". This is based off the pocket flap which can be seen in the lower corner of the picture. It was very much a Canadian uniform of Canadian design for the "Canadian Forces" a new entity at the time of its introduction. I can't make out whether that pocket flap is part of his webbing or not.
    The soldier in the pic is wearing just the combat shirt. He's wearing body armour and webbing over top.

The Canadian pattern was copyrighted in 1996 and enter in canadian pattens, the and the name "CADPAT" was ™ and the Peerless Garments industry who create the uniform copyrighted the product and create the first Patterns for canadian forces.

And since 10years now Peerless Garments assure the product still in canadian copyright, one of many reason why only FEW country use it because Peerless Garments and Canadian government authorized the Digital Pathern. U.S receive from canadian government the permission and how to create the digital pattern because in 1980's the U.S research and devlopement abandoned the Digital Pattern project.

I know what i'm talking about , the manufacture is in Quebec we're im from...lot of people work for always doing good equipment for canadian army and yes the CADPAT is a NBC uniforms ,or if not yet ready they work on it. My Officier in BMQ said to me the CADPAT is a NBC and reduice any infrared and is a canadian made and need canadian permission for create one (one of many reason why only in 2004-2005 they were all equiped with new MARPAT and whatever the name)
    This gave me a headache. From what I can understand of it...

Yes, there is a Cadpat NBC suit. BUT the normal cadpat trousers and blouse offer NO NBC protection! They are treated with an IR signature reducer. Peerless does NOT own the copyright to all digital patterns. Cadpat is a trademark of the DND, NOT peerless. Peerless is just one of the contractors awarded the cadpat contract. There are other companies manufacturing cadpat for the forces.

And being from the same province as one of the contracted companies DOES NOT make you an expert.

Cadpat was first released as helmet covers for the new kevlar helmets in the late 90's. It wasn't until mid to late 2000 that the uniform began to enter wide spread use in the forces. This comes not from me, but from actual serving members, some officers, some nco's, some enlisted, some who have 30 or more years in service.

Quote Originally Posted by DnA View Post
    The soldier in the pic is wearing just the combat shirt. He's wearing body armour and webbing over top.
    Yeah, I must of confused the pocket flap on a part of his flak jacket/vest with the pocket flap of the combat shirt coat I was thinking about.

My Apologies, I didn't mean to condescend.
    I agree the Cadpat uniform certainly looks much better and is probably much more effective than the old CF Greens. They very well could have been manufactured in Britain, even influenced by the design but the CF Green uniforms were 100% of Canadian Design for the CF.

It is credited with being "One of the longest serving uniforms in the history of the Canadian Forces" ("New Combat Clothing for Canadian Army" CAJ, Vol.XVI No.1, 1962, pp12-13). It was in service for over 40 years.
    I don't know where he keeps getting this british stock thing from... The OD's were made in canada (by companies like frontenac, peerless, etc) from canadian designs.

Canada DID issue British DPM Desert in the early 90's during peacekeeping operations in the gulf.

Canada also had it's own experimental version of DPM. But again, these uniforms were made in canada, to the same pattern as the OG-107's.

Canadian's never wore any British pattern OD uniforms.

Quote Originally Posted by redhawk_six View Post
    I don't know where he keeps getting this british stock thing from... The OD's were made in canada (by companies like frontenac, peerless, etc) from canadian designs.

Canada DID issue British DPM Desert in the early 90's during peacekeeping operations in the gulf.

Canada also had it's own experimental version of DPM. But again, these uniforms were made in canada, to the same pattern as the OG-107's.

Canadian's never wore any British pattern OD uniforms.
    That is what I thought, I didn't want to press the issue any further for fear of being an **** button counter lol. If we want to wind back the clock Canada has always supplied its soldiers with its own unique uniforms which separate them from their British counterparts even going back as far as the Boer War.

Even if the variations earlier on were subtle they were still there.

Banned user

whatever man i don't waste my time with a guy who said i'm wrong when canada has the CADPAT NBC...

That is what I thought, I didn't want to press the issue any further for fear of being an **** button counter lol. If we want to wind back the clock Canada has always supplied its soldiers with its own unique uniforms which separate them from their British counterparts even going back as far as the Boer War.

Even if the variations earlier on were subtle they were still there.
    And it's my job (literally) to try and remember all those lil **** differences... I tell you, it's enough to drive a man crazy.

Personally, while I like Cadpat, no one can deny that it's a great pattern, I love the old OD's! They have a way of blending in anywhere. The only problem with them is, when they start getting towards the end of their life, they do the 'lingerie' thing...

whatever man i don't waste my time with a guy who said i'm wrong when canada has the CADPAT NBC...
    I never said we didnt. I know we have NBC suits in Cadpat, we had them in OD too, long before Cadpat. However, you said the Cadpat combat dress have NBC protection, which they do not.

Banned user

http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/newsroo...s_e.asp?id=341

The patterns and technical data are patent and copyright protected. Also note that the Department of National Defence has acquired the trademark for CADPATTM. A number of Canadian companies have been successful in meeting the rigorous technical specifications for CADPATTM on specific textiles using both Canadian and overseas printing capabilities. The Department of National Defence closely controls CADPAT with all companies agreeing to non-disclosure stipulations for third parties and close control of swatches.
    The Army transition to the next generation of soldier operational clothing and equipment has been focussed on the "Clothe the Soldier Project." The Project, in existence since 1995 and in delivery of various items since 1997, will provide state-of-the-art headwear, handwear, underwear, footwear, and cold weather clothing. It will also provide new Personal Ballistic Protection items and a Load Carriage System. All of this clothing and equipment is designed to work as an overall compatible system to better protect our soldiers. Designed with leading-edge technology, the clothing will greatly enhance operational effectiveness and protect soldiers in all weather conditions.
    Quote Originally Posted by redhawk_six View Post
    I never said we didnt. I know we have NBC suits in Cadpat, we had them in OD too, long before Cadpat. However, you said the Cadpat combat dress have NBC protection, which they do not.

http://www.drdc-rddc.gc.ca/ Defence Research and Development Canada is right now in development of CADPAT with NBC integrated in one and if you don't beleive me on my word, if you can understand french let see a beautiful video of canadian forces "Future Soldiers"

Canada investigated for 10 years, more 300 Million dollar in Research and Devlopement for canadian forces and our security.
    Canada lease from U.K, a robot for devloped a CADPAT combat dress who are in same time a NBC uniform, that defused in 2006.
    http://www.radio-canada.ca/actualite...au2_6975.shtml

They talk about few future canadian weapon, one of the technology are aproved by canadian Harper gouvernement last years about new Sonar in Artic Zone , for Bay of LAncaster (where many British,French,Russian and U.S submarines travel without canadian permission)

http://www.drdc-rddc.gc.ca/ststrategy/context1_e.asp

They talk about the future of the CADPAT uniform (Modernisation or amelioration)
    Last edited by digrar; 11-04-2008 at 01:10 AM.

Anyone have any older peacekeeping pics? IE: UNPROFOR, Cyprus, etc

Trying to build my peacekeeping photo collection.

Banned user

Revolutionary protective combat gear

Members of the Canadian Forces use chemical protective clothing when needed during operations. However, the current chemical protective suit is not designed as a daily-wear uniform. DRDC developed the CBplus daily-wear uniform to protect Canadian Forces personnel against chemical and biological (CB) agents while maintaining the thermal burden at a level comparable to that of wearing a daily combat uniform. The CBplus uniform will also provide some protection against toxic industrial hazards.
    Designed to meet the operational requirements of the Canadian Forces, the CBplus uniform proposes one of the most interesting solutions to just-in-time, transparent protection in a daily-wear uniform. We also developed novel materials for the uniform based on carbon sphere and fibre technologies.

Testing the CBplus uniform at DRDC’s Climatic Facility
    The CBplus uniform is currently being tested in the field by members of the air, land and maritime forces. The protection performance of the uniform is being measured in trials using the unique DRDC CBplus test chamber which is equipped with a simulation-based anthropomorphic mannequin that can perform a wide range of motions. The chamber can also reproduce realistic environmental conditions by combining wind, temperature and relative humidity. The test chamber can produce liquid, vapour and aerosol challenges using chemical or biological simulants.
    The CBplus combat uniform will provide the Canadian Forces with superior protection against chemical, biological and toxic chemical hazards. It is also expected to offer response communities a possible uniform to meet civilian protection requirements.

Since you seem to refuse to drop it...

Thats a prototype... far from issue. And it isn't in the Cadpat pattern.

All in all, it hardly supports your statement about a Cadpat combat uniform with NBC protection.

Now, can we get back to photos?

Banned user

Bosnia 2003

General Roméo Dallair in Rwanda ,probably the most greatest canadian high officier in canadian history

Haiti 1993

Haiti, 1995

Yugoslavia 1993

Congo ,1961

Cyprus ,1965

Croatie ,1995

HMCS Vancouver 57mm paint

Last edited by digrar; 11-04-2008 at 01:11 AM.