Page 9 of 216 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171959109 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 3236

Thread: Canadian Armed Forces, Forces canadiennes

  1. #121
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Montréal,Canada
    Posts
    227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordsoldat View Post
    Not In An Armd Regt... tsk tsk, should be, Life is grand in the Armoured Corps
    I know that look very great to be a driver/gunner in Leopard or LAV

  2. #122
    Member UNSoC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordsoldat View Post
    Still have the PASGT Helmets AFAIK, hang on let me reach a foot here... *check* yep.
    Different covers for different situations


    Heres one for you.
    Crew Neglected to Close off submergance hydr. + gagetown swamps eat tanks
    what units? i had a friend who told me they fielded them briefly for special forces, but i certainly wasn't issued a PASGT. Everyone I know has a CG634, including myself. I have never seen anyone sport one.

  3. #123
    Juvenile Monkey Spanker CreepingDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Old Mill by the Creek.
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,384

    Default


    such a small surprise that the PASGT is still in service in the CF.

  4. #124
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Montréal,Canada
    Posts
    227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CreepingDeath View Post

    such a small surprise that the PASGT is still in service in the CF.
    Like the old radio...many old equipement still in army because they still good i mean, still functional, why spending million on new helmet if the PASGT still good and the old 1970 radio too?

  5. #125
    Senior Member DnA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,326

    Default

    Uh... we don't use the PASGT helmet.


    And which old radio are you referring to? 522? It isn't that old plus we use brand new radios like the 117F an MBITR, etc aswell.

  6. #126
    Senior Member Vince S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    On a marathon starting line
    Age
    29
    Posts
    6,164

    Default

    Plus as Battlebuds pointed out, this is a BMQ (or SQ) pictures, I don't think recruits get the shiny kit (but as I'm not in the CF I could be wrong)

  7. #127
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Montréal,Canada
    Posts
    227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DnA View Post
    Uh... we don't use the PASGT helmet.


    And which old radio are you referring to? 522? It isn't that old plus we use brand new radios like the 117F an MBITR, etc aswell.
    Reservist use old VHF 10feet radio , well when i was in my regiment they still used the old scare and big radio now they use light assault radio (walki-talkie) the combat net primary and VHF (look like the old 1970's but with 60 channel not 8) and the new Net primary VHF radio use newer combat mode, the old one had the "Combat mode" without noise like "TSHHHH" and the new one don't use 10feet athena.

    When i was in Cadet army , i use the old ****, and reservist my friend use it, and on that picture its look like the old 10 feet athena radio ( i don't know the exact name )

  8. #128
    Senior Member DnA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Factanonverba View Post
    Reservist use old VHF 10feet radio , well when i was in my regiment they still used the old scare and big radio now they use light assault radio (walki-talkie) the combat net primary and VHF (look like the old 1970's but with 60 channel not 8)


    As far as I know Reserve units have the AN/PRC 522(manpack) and the AN/PRC 521 LAR

    Trust me, these are not '70s era radios.



    Also, old scare and big radio? What is that..

  9. #129
    Senior Member DnA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vince S View Post
    I don't think recruits get the shiny kit (but as I'm not in the CF I could be wrong)


    Nope, they don't. Once you get into a unit that you start getting all the shiny CADPAT everything kit.

  10. #130
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Montréal,Canada
    Posts
    227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DnA View Post
    As far as I know Reserve units have the AN/PRC 522(manpack) and the AN/PRC 521 LAR

    Trust me, these are not '70s era radios.



    Also, old scare and big radio? What is that..
    Reservist use the old equipement like C3 canon not like the LG-1 , they use Cougar not Leopard, and they use old radio with 10 feet athena...i think is only in 2005 they all use the new CADPAT (well in Montreal don't know where did you live)

    AN/PRC 521 LAR , nop well when i was in reserve my friend had the 10 feet athena , with 16 channel not 60 and we all use the old radio with 4hours battery capacity and 1-2 hours with "combat mode" or "silent mode" i don't remeber but the "Tssshhht" take 1hours if you use the mode for cancel the "tssshht", like the night vision is the old one like in 1970-1980...Reserve isn't look like regular eh, many people in afghanistan who died was from Reserve base like in 2004 from BlackWatch(Montreal), reserve have only 1 months of full training per years...and 3 day per two week of armys. Imagine equipement...i remember my first time in the "Kill house" training....that was horrible how my unit sucks, nobody know what we do like "What i suposed to do now?"

    The receiver-transmiter in my regiment don't work some time you receive ,some time no...that sucks liberal cut so much money and don't give importance on reserve base

  11. #131
    Senior Member DnA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Factanonverba View Post
    Reservist use the old equipement like C3 canon not like the LG-1 , they use Cougar not Leopard, and they use old radio with 10 feet athena...i think is only in 2005 they all use the new CADPAT (well in Montreal don't know where did you live)

    AN/PRC 521 LAR , nop well when i was in reserve my friend had the 10 feet athena , with 16 channel not 60 and we all use the old radio with 4hours battery capacity and 1-2 hours with "combat mode" or "silent mode" i don't remeber but the "Tssshhht" take 1hours if you use the mode for cancel the "tssshht", like the night vision is the old one like in 1970-1980...Reserve isn't look like regular eh, many people in afghanistan who died was from Reserve base like in 2004 from BlackWatch.

    Big deal. Reservists don't get M777s.. I'd rather have them overseas and have some in the Reg Force units to keep them trained up.

    Reserve Armoured units don't have cougars.. plus all the Reserve Armoured units are Recce units and they have G-Wagons.



    Whats a 10ft Athena? You mean Antenna? Yea guess what theres different sized antennas you can screw onto a radio.

    The night vision.. yea theres old ones in the system still an the Reserves get them(they might even have some new ones too I dunno) but in the Regs we have the new MNVGs AN/PVS-14?



    Theres no Reserve bases. And yes Reservists have died in Afghanistan, so has many Regular Force. Whats your point?





    Also, I'am a Regular Force Soldier(Signaller) in an Infantry unit an I did a tour in Afghanistan. I know a bit about what's going on in the Canadian Forces... an I also did 3 years in the Reserve before going Regs.

  12. #132
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Montréal,Canada
    Posts
    227

    Default

    Why reservist can't use M777...u.s military forces use F22, in 2031 that can be possible reservist can be equiped like regular, with 96 billion dollar in budget

  13. #133
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Wandering around Canada, looking for a job :-(
    Posts
    504

    Default

    With all due respect FNV, you do not know anything about the rest of the Regular Force, let alone the Reserve Force. All you can claim to know about is the specifics of your unit (Cadet Corps?).

    As DnA mentioned, the 522 can be equiped with a 10ft whip, so can alot of other radios for that matter but, DnA is more in the know on that stuff than myself.

    I've had a chuckle at your thread, thanks for the entertainment whilst I consume a few cold bevies.

  14. #134
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Montréal,Canada
    Posts
    227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by homerjsimpson94 View Post
    With all due respect FNV, you do not know anything about the rest of the Regular Force, let alone the Reserve Force. All you can claim to know about is the specifics of your unit (Cadet Corps?).

    As DnA mentioned, the 522 can be equiped with a 10ft whip, so can alot of other radios for that matter but, DnA is more in the know on that stuff than myself.

    I've had a chuckle at your thread, thanks for the entertainment whilst I consume a few cold bevies.
    I'm not in communication and i a was only in armys during 6months ,with only a half of my complet BMQ..but my cousine she's in army regular based in Petawawa and she was in 2004 in Italy for a reunion with all national leader about future allies operation in Afghanistan like canada who take place in Kandahar, and future ended operation in 2009 now isn't 2009 but at this time that was in 2009, in my regiment we has the oldest bull**** equipement in all canadian forces maybe because we're french canadian...and the high commander in canadina forces and leader of canada is all the time english and don,t care about reserve.

    But i know that my regiment still used old crap in armys, the radio with 10ft atena and 8-16channel isn't the new one from 2004-2006 but the old one from vietnam war like 1970's

    i know my regiment used the old equipement from Oka crisis from royal 22eime regiment

    And don't forget in 1993-2004 canadian army had only 12 billion dollar for foods,equipement and salary for all c andian forces so the primary objectif for canadian forces wasn't reserve but regular so this is for why i said canadian forces reserve had or still have the old VHF radio with 10ft radio from 1970's (and like i said i don't know the name because when i was in army i was in infantery in BMQ not in SQ)

    and for your question i was in Fuslier Montroyal , based in Metro Sherbrook (Montreal,Quebec) in 3721 Henri-Julien....i never finish my training i quit before. I know the basic of army but not like a guy who served canadian forces with more 20years services i know the basic like i siad i never finished my training,.......anyway why people are all against me just because i said army resever (part-time) use older equipement it is true...not a lies


    In cadet i was in same army base, Fusilier Montroyal Nunquam retrorsum ,with grenade for insignia
    Last edited by Factanonverba; 10-18-2008 at 12:09 AM.

  15. #135
    Senior Member LoboCanada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordsoldat View Post
    Still have the PASGT Helmets AFAIK, hang on let me reach a foot here... *check* yep.
    Different covers for different situations


    Heres one for you.
    Crew Neglected to Close off submergance hydr. + gagetown swamps eat tanks
    Damn! How did they get it out? I wonder what the costs were to repair it,.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •