Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: Pakistan Army

Quote Originally Posted by hillman32 View Post
    Hey MG3, those of you from defence forces background. What is the present attitude of the younger officers about wearing these ceremonial dresses. A lot of my friends in the IA are becoming very anti-colonial ceremonial dresses. They say it reeks of being the Angrez-saabs wafadar" if you know what I mean. Most of them want to change over to more modern uniforms or go back to pre-colonial dresses

Well I accept my mistake.... That was a bad start I think.. plz do not mind that.
    Okay good if you accept your mistake. But if you kindly delete that picture it would be much better. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VAMAN View Post
    Okay good if you accept your mistake. But if you kindly delete that picture it would be much better. Thanks

How can I delete the pic? can you tell me please ?

Quote Originally Posted by AL-Khalid View Post
    Where are the 1st Armored, "THE MAILED FIST" based. MULTAN ?
    Yep, it is part of 2 Corps. The other Div is in Okara, 40th Infantry(Mechanized) Al-Bark(Lightning) if I'm not wrong. This is the Div that the Indians lost during the 2001-2002 escalation.

Pres the edit button on the bottom of the post, select the pic and press delete.

Quote Originally Posted by sheroo View Post
    Hey MG3, those of you from defence forces background. What is the present attitude of the younger officers about wearing these ceremonial dresses. A lot of my friends in the IA are becoming very anti-colonial ceremonial dresses. They say it reeks of being the Angrez-saabs wafadar" if you know what I mean. Most of them want to change over to more modern uniforms or go back to pre-colonial dresses
    Who says......
    SD and the Mess Kit here are considered the SAX, plus they are chick magnets. I think its because we changed to our own design, the collar like the sharwani and the medals like old Saladin style. But I hate ppl who talk like that and there are some in every country , Even if your uniform is rag it deserves respect because they are symbols that men have died for and what officers must believe in.

If im not wrong the IA is in the process of developing a modern combat uniform. We got rid of the khaki uniform 5yrs ago and the new ones became an instant success.

Log In your id --> Click on Edit button in that post --> Delete the photo and replace the photo with typed message or another photo --> Click on Save button

Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by VAMAN View Post
    Log In your id --> Click on Edit button in that post --> Delete the photo and replace the photo with typed message or another photo --> Click on Save button

Problem solved.

Thanks indeed.

Default An officer of Pakistani contingent in Bosnia joins local children on Christmas Day.

United Nations Protection Forces in Bosnia (UNPROFOR), recognizing the commendable performance of the Pakistan Army Contingents as United Nations peacekeepers in Somalia and Cambodia, the United Nations requested the Government of Pakistan to contribute troops to the United Nations Protection Force in Bosnia-Herzegovina. A 3000 strong contingent consisting of two Battalion Groups and a National Support (NS) Headquarters left for Bosnia and Croatia in May 1994.
    The two battalion groups PAKBAT 1 and PAKBAT 2 were deployed in the towns of Dares and Durdevik (near the city of Tuzla) in Bosnia while the National Support Headquarters remained based at Split, Croatia. They were tasked to stabilize the military situation with a view to encouraging return of normalcy, improving freedom of movement by maintaining existing routes, providing protection and supporting various United Nations agencies and NGOs engaged in their relief activities and coordinate humanitarian assistance. The PAKBATs performed their military duties with total commitment. Two officers, one junior commissioned officer and three non commissioned officers laid down their lives for the noble cause of bringing peace to a war ravaged territory. Their sacrifices were duly acknowledged by United Nations Force Commander and the local population.
    Pakistani Peace Keepers who were the first to respond and assist over 50,000 refugees who came over after the Serbs had over-run the United Nations declared Safe Heavens of Srebrenica and Zepa in July 95. As it was an event which had not been foreseen by the Bosnian government and the United Nations authorities, it was the Pakistani Peace Keepers who bore the brunt of the crisis for 36 hours single handedly. Food, clothing, medical treatment and shelter to these war-ravaged people was provided by the PAKBAT from their own resources before help arrived. Even after the arrival of assistance, it were the Pakistani troops who managed and coordinated the relief activities. It was duly acknowledged in an impressive ceremony organized by Tuzia Red Cross to award certificates of merit to all those who contributed in relief operations.

What do u mean lost.

Default Tripartite Commission Meeting

General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, Chief of the Army Staff, General Bismullah Khan, Chief of Defence, Afghan National Army and General David D. McKiernan, Commander International Security Assistance Forces (ISAF) in Afghanistan on the occasion of 24th Tripartite Commission Meeting held at General Headquarters Rawalpindi on Wednesday. (15-10-2008)

Default Passing Out Parade at Pakistan Military Academy Kakul

Chief of Army Staff, General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani awarding Sword of Honour to Battalion Senior Under Officer Isfand Yar Ahmed Bokhari, Overall best cadet of 118th PMA Long Course, during passing out parade at Pakistan Military Academy Kakul on Saturday. (25-10-2008)

Default Injured Soldier - in War of Terror

Chief of Army Staff, General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani inquiring about the health of a soldier, who was injured during an operation in FATA. COAS visited Malakand and CMH Peshawar on the 3rd day of Eid-ul-Fitr. (3-10-2008)

Default Anti- Terrorist Training at Cherat, The Eagle's Nest

Default Training

A view of Battle inoculation exercise being held in Tilla Ranges near Jhelum

Default Kashmir

Corps Commander Rawalpindi, Lieutenant General Tahir Mahmood meeting officers during his visit to the Line of Control (LOC) on 6-11-2008