Thread: A couple of questions about the Polish PPS wz. 1943/1952 submachine gun.

Default A couple of questions about the Polish PPS wz. 1943/1952 submachine gun.

First off, I've heard that it has selective fire capability, unlike the Soviet original. Does anyone know if that is indeed the case? Also, does anyone know where it was exported to? Finally, does anyone have any pics of it?

As far as i know wz 1943/52 were full auto only.

Quote Originally Posted by KVLG View Post
    First off, I've heard that it has selective fire capability, unlike the Soviet original.
    It is not true.
    Finally, does anyone have any pics of it?

Talking

Jesus Remov for gods sake not him , don't make him popular again

Quote Originally Posted by REMOV View Post
    It is not true.

Because of the different stocks, I presume that the Poles made changes to the receiver's end. Did they make any other changes?

Hey both of my grandfathers used this wepon in their day, however they could not take photos of them with their wepons.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawel1410 View Post
    Hey both of my grandfathers used this wepon in their day, however they could not take photos of them with their wepons.
    Were they in the Polish Army?

It is not true.
    Just out of curiosity, do you know where it was exported to?

Quote Originally Posted by KVLG View Post
    Because of the different stocks, I presume that the Poles made changes to the receiver's end.
    It is true. The back wall of the receiver was removed, as well as as the buttstock hinge. Instead they mounted two steel insert with screw holes (for screws holding the buttstock).
    Did they make any other changes?
    The locking catch on the back of the receiver was also changed - it was bended down.
    Just out of curiosity, do you know where it was exported to?
    I know that the Polish wz.1943 (PPS-43) submachine guns were widely exported I even has a chance to fire the re-exported PPS-43 (it was created in 1953 by Wifama Lodz factory (53) sold to the Bulgaria and then one year ago bought by some Polish company and send back), but I've never heard or read about the PPS-43/52 exportation. The PPS was in Poland manufactured by five producers but only two of them actually made the PPS-43/52 - Radom factory (11) and Poznan factory (6).

I've never heard or read about the PPS-43/52 exportation.
    Well, Peter Kokalis has stated that PPS 43/52s were taken from SWAPO guerillas in Namibia/SouthWest Africa. Also, in another board, someone told me that he saw a picture of a Cuban militiaman with a wooden stocked PPS.