Thread: What's your latest purchase?

I like all kinds of haze FrankBooth's Avatar

You still paid too much, that is one of the lowest of the old peugeot lines. With wheels, tune up and a bit cleaner 150 sure. You are mistaken as older models aren't lighter, they were made of steel of various quality. People like that because they tend to take a hit better, newer bikes are made with aluminum or a mix of materials. Usually lighter.

Senior Member CanadianStormtrooper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrankBooth0 View Post
    You might as well go to Walmart if you want to spend that much, Bikes are simple machines but how much you put into them effects how they perform in the long haul. You'd have to spend $500-700 or more to get a decent roadbike frame now, I wouldn't trust myself on anything less. The older frames have **** models too, but a decent rigid steel 10 speed that is kept up and treated well is hard to beat for everyday stuff.

Having a part that cost more than your actual frame should set an alarm off in your head. Those models were what you could get in a department store, old isn't always better.
    $449cdn will get you a 2011 Jamis Ventura sport in my store.

150 bucks for that frame is not worth it. Updated shimano shifters I see though, Sora? What kind of rear derailleur?

Counting the paces on the path back to Babylon.

You might as well go to Walmart if you want to spend that much, Bikes are simple machines but how much you put into them effects how they perform in the long haul. You'd have to spend $500-700 or more to get a decent roadbike frame now, I wouldn't trust myself on anything less. The older frames have **** models too, but a decent rigid steel 10 speed that is kept up and treated well is hard to beat for everyday stuff.

Having a part that cost more than your actual frame should set an alarm off in your head. Those models were what you could get in a department store, old isn't always better.
    An Aerospoke usually costs more than the entire bike that most of the new age Fixie kids have that I see riding around, so not really. Like I said, I've been hit on a 85 Peugot frame and I'm willing to say it saved me from a serious injury, if not death, I walked away with a couple deep lascerations and bruises that day; as opposed to my 2010 Felt, which got me 19 stitches and a compound fracture in my leg because its so weakly built and absolutely collapsed when it was hit. That was a $1300 bike too.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianStormtrooper View Post

150 bucks for that frame is not worth it. Updated shimano shifters I see though, Sora? What kind of rear derailleur?
    The Shimano's were part of the reason I got it. Those are usually around $60-75.
    To be honest, I'm not too sure what the rear de's are. Lemme go check the add I got it at...

Curing The Sick With My Noodley Appendage

Double and single pistol mag pouches from Off The Grid Concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianStormtrooper View Post

Yeah, they're Shimano too.
    Add this to my Shimano Deore XT crank, and I will fly in this frame haha

strange little boy - Eco warrior - level 5 vegan kinney_bmx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Impartial Bias View Post
    This will be my 2nd Peugot, the last one I had was the exact same, but in Green. And thats funny, because the same thing happened to mine, got hit by a car when the lady turned into my lane without signalling -___-. She also broke my front Aerospoke, but luckily, she payed for it all.
    I've had a newer 2006 Bianchi, and more recently a Motobecane and Felt, but they just don't compare to the older models, which I think are more sturdily built and lighter. Not to mention that Felt welds are fugly aha.
    Where you live?
    Ohio unfortunately

I agree on the older bikes. I'd much rather have a older 70/80s road bike then any new one. Theres something about them that just feels better.
    Some people just like old frames, just like cars.

A 2012 BMW 5 series is better and newer then a E39 but I'd still rather have a E39

I like all kinds of haze FrankBooth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kinney_bmx View Post
    A 2012 BMW 5 series is better and newer then a E39 but I'd still rather have a E39
    Good job missing the point, go buy some socks. An old road bike is nice, but I'd rather have one that isn't the lowest on the chopping block.

Good job missing the point, go buy some socks. An old road bike is nice, but I'd rather have one that isn't the lowest on the chopping block.
    Thats why I highlighted the part I was responding to. Not the entire part. Nice try though, I already bought some new socks

Ohio unfortunately

I agree on the older bikes. I'd much rather have a older 70/80s road bike then any new one. Theres something about them that just feels better.

Some people just like old frames, just like cars.

Ahh, hopefully you'll get out some day! haha
    Yeah, I agree on that. I also like the style of older bikes a lot more too. The new are too angular and brightly painted, and don't really agree with my style. aha
    Ever seen the E12? Always wanted one of those.

I bought some Hanes for you. Hope you don't prefer Fruit of the Loom.

Also, New isn't always better.
    After all, major injury with the new, relatively minor with the old. I'll stick with old.
    It's all personal choice though. Let's all respect each others opinions and enjoy our new socks

Ahh, hopefully you'll get out some day! haha
    Yeah, I agree on that. I also like the style of older bikes a lot more too. The new are too angular and brightly painted, and don't really agree with my style. aha
    Ever seen the E12? Always wanted one of those.
    My grandfather owned one back in the 80s. Unfortunately all thats left is some pictures of him and my grandmother when they renewed their vows

I bought some Hanes for you. Hope you don't prefer Fruit of the Loom.
    You buying guys underwear probie?

My grandfather owned one back in the 80s. Unfortunately all thats left is some pictures of him and my grandmother when they renewed their vows
    My god, I envy your grandfather.
    I've been saving up for a car for awhile, and I wanted my first one to be an E12. They are almost impossible to find in LA, at least an original one. All the ones I've seen have been Chunti'ed out or are in poor condition.