Thread: Tru-Spec Dintex jackets

Default Tru-Spec Dintex jackets

I thought I might get a Tru-Spec jacket for snowboarding this year. I wanted acupat but the store nearest me only has Marpat wood and desert. The material is Dintex which the label claims is waterproof. It has an inner skirt and looks pretty wind resistant. Any thoughts on how well these things hold up around -5 to -10 celsius? Will they stay dry enough and keep the wind off me?

Banned user
    Im not a wannabe. I have shot an AK-47, M4, M16, 50.cal machine gun, 50.cal barreta sniper, colt 191

buy a proper snowboarding jacket instead

Because the Dintex not really suitable for the snow?

Because it's not cool. And there's no way it's waterproof and still reasonably breathable. It's not going to have taped seams and such

http://www.steepandcheap.com

http://www.whiskeymilitia.com

to get your snowboarding apparel. Boards, bindings, Jackets, pants, goggles, everything. Just keep refreshing the page every 5 minutes and you're guaranteed to find something. It's usually marked down 60-70% from retail. I got a sick 686 jacket and special blend pants that are totally boss for about $70 each. Otherwise they're closer to 300. You'll get steeze, be more comfortable, and the jackets are sweet and techy with ipod holders and earphone wire holes and stuff. try to get 10k or 10000 breathability and waterproof or higher. 5k is usually fine though.

Don<t know if it's the same but I owned a truspec jacket in marpat and it was pretty good IMO. I just reproofed it with Nikwax and it never failed me even in pouring rain (though it was only 3hrs).

The seams were taped.

Overall a very good jacket, but as other poited out you can have wicked deals on proper snowboarding brands.

I just bought (10minutes ago lol) a 686 Mannual jacket for 90$, BNIP, straight out of the factory.

Try Burton or O'neil