Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finnish Surplus Store

Default Finnish Surplus Store

There are official places where you can buy old Finnish Defence Forces related material: Lylyn Viestivarikko at Lyly, Kuopion asevarikko at Kuopio, SA-kauppa at Hämeenlinna and Kasinhäntä at Tikkakoski where I visited.

1. Pliers, chisels and such for two euro.

2. Front panels of some kind for four euro.

3. Maintenance manuals for SM-1 (Mil Mi-1), Hunting Percival Pembroke from 15 to 50 euro.

Magazines for Degtyaryov m27, 3,5 euro. Tripod is 8 euro. For example a clip for Finnish RK-62 was 9 euro.

Jackets and trousers were 5 euro per piece.

They wouldn't happen to have a website / online store?

It sucks that these places are in the middle of nowhere. In theory I'd like to buy a huge amount of that stuff but I'm not going to use a whole day to drive hundreds of kilometers because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolv5 View Post
    They wouldn't happen to have a website / online store?
    Unfortunately no. The only site they got is the one with their opening hours listed.

http://www.mil.fi/asiointi/tiedotus/...an/myydaan.dsp (in Finnish)

Quote Originally Posted by Basillicus View Post
    It sucks that these places are in the middle of nowhere. In theory I'd like to buy a huge amount of that stuff but I'm not going to use a whole day to drive hundreds of kilometers because of that.
    The one at Hämeenlinna isn't exactly in middle of nowhere. The stores are near major depots or garrisons and they are, of course, located at strategic locations.

..are those M83 jackets?

Duck Hunter Extraordinaire & Wodka taster for The League of Cantankerous Old Farts Jurpula's Avatar

Looks like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangrove View Post
    Unfortunately no. The only site they got is the one with their opening hours listed.

http://www.mil.fi/asiointi/tiedotus/...an/myydaan.dsp (in Finnish)

The one at Hämeenlinna isn't exactly in middle of nowhere. The stores are near major depots or garrisons and they are, of course, located at strategic locations.
    Hämeenlinna one is just by the old medieval castle of Häme and actually the shop is located on the premises of the Artillery Museum, both the castle and artillery museum are worth the visit so there's a good reason to visit the shop at the same time.

Kuopio shop is some five or six kms from downtown Kuopio, so not that far away or in the middle of nowhere... unless one is situated in Turku, that is

Omfg great

Did you buy something in there?

Quote Originally Posted by Akinnen View Post
    Did you buy something in there?
    No. I was looking for a (Finnish Air Force) beret but they bought new from the German manufacturer and only used once before the berets are thrown away. You can by new ones from Helsinki Area for 15 euro.

Surpluses at Hämeenlinna. Rows and rows of law books.

Boxes, 5€ each.

From 20mm to 152mm.

20€ each.

The shelf of empty brass is epic!! I wish surplus stores sold that kinda stuff here!

Unused AK-47 bayonets 15;-
    Gas mask M/61 with accessories and a bag 8;50
    Steel helmets (German WW2 pattern) 20;-
    Map case leather (A4+ size) 4;-

Good places to go but one definately ends up with too much **** at home!

Quote Originally Posted by Jippo View Post
    Map case leather (A4+ size) 4;-
    Quite cheap since if my memory serves me correctly the "korvaushinta" or the price you have to pay if you lose one at the FDF was around 40€.

Banned user

wow this is money.

I would love to drop some cash on some of this seemingly useless stuff if I was in Finland

Apart from the official Finnish Defence Forces stores there are few commercial stores which sell Finnish surplus. These might or might not have stuff you can't buy direct from the official stores. Usually they have a little higher prices for the same products.

Varusteleka is the best one at Helsinki area. I'm not connected to them in any way, just a happy customer. The owner is a genius when it comes to product descriptions!

http://www.varusteleka.fi/in_english.php
    [*******#800080]http://www.varusteleka.fi/showproduc...uct=_2IR0ZRVW6[/COLOR]

"You don't come by poorer bag than this and even the price is ridiculously high. Update 8.1.08: Now only nutty people buy these - the stock price has risen to the level we used to sell them. The article is so bad it is not worth to make copies of it, [...]"