Page 431 of 480 FirstFirst ... 331381421423424425426427428429430431432433434435436437438439441 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,465 of 7196

Thread: Sukhoi T-50 PAK FA

  1. #6451
    Member T.C.P da Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Dhaka,Bangladesh
    Posts
    800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geolocator View Post
    Surely, F-22 was just a gift horse, no other competitors are in the sky. F-35B is comparable to PAK FA in price terms but it's obviously inferior to the russian toy.
    http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-NOTAM-300309-1.html
    Aus air power is a joke.

    The F-35 is in no way "inferior to the Russian toy"

    The dudes as Aus air power despise the F-35 for some reason.

  2. #6452
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T.C.P da Devil View Post
    Aus air power is a joke.

    The F-35 is in no way "inferior to the Russian toy"

    The dudes as Aus air power despise the F-35 for some reason.
    While that site may not be particularly informative it's hard to imagine, based on projected performance, how the F-35 will match the Pak Fa. Assuming the F-35 has superior stealth characteristics the Pak Fa can be expected to surpass or match the F-35 in every other category. Speed and maneuverability are obvious, a result of aiming for a super-cruising engine and an evolution of the Flankers already superb maneuverability as well as having two engines vs one. Radar is likely to be a tie with any margin for error leaning towards the Russians, the American advantage in AESA design being eroded by the size available to the Pak Fa. Range also goes to the larger aircraft. It seems like while the Russians may be behind in technological terms in a few categories they have compensated and then some by simply providing a larger airframe to work with and reaping the advantages of such where the F-35 must compromise to fit everything within it's space and weight constraints.

  3. #6453
    Senior Member fiorellabel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    In partibus fidelium
    Posts
    1,341

    Default

    Given that PAK-FA actually deliver it promises it is superior even to F-22 in a very important detail: it would have a 2 seater version.
    Simply put, according to actual Nato doctrine , no A2G mission without 2-seater in the pack, as show in Lybia.

  4. #6454
    Member Monty1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Considering the aircraft were developed for two different roles it's rather unfair to compare the two. It remains to be seen if the PAK-FA will deliver or not as all we have seen so far are a few prototypes without radars and have not to my knowledge conducted any weapons tests as of yet.

  5. #6455

    Default

    Russia Must Build Two Variants of 5G Fighter - Rogozin | Defense | RIA Novosti


    Russian aircraft manufacturers must develop at least two competitive prototypes of a fifth-generation fighter jet, Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin said on Thursday.


    “Two variants of the future fighter jet must be developed to encourage competition,” Rogozin said at a meeting with Russian lawmakers.


    According to the Russian Defense Ministry, the future fighter must possess all technical characteristics of a fifth-generation fighter, including elements of stealth technology, supersonic cruising speed, highly-integrated avionics, electronics and fire-control systems.


    The existing T-50 prototype, developed under the program PAK FA (Future Aviation System for Tactical Air Force) at the Sukhoi aircraft design bureau, made its maiden flight in Russia’s Far East in January 2010 and made its first public appearance at the MAKS-2011 air show near Moscow on August 17, 2011.


    There are currently three fifth-generation T-50 fighters in tests, and a total number of 14 aircraft is planned for test flights by 2015.


    The T-50 is expected to enter service in 2016 and gradually replace MiG-29 Fulcrum and Su-27 Flanker fighter jets in the Russian Air Force.

  6. #6456

    Question

    So, i've been following the Su-T50's development for quite some time now and still, i am left with some questions. Perhaps this is also a good time to bump this thread alive again.

    Questions:

    1:



    ^ Those boxes with what seems to me camera's, are part of the 101 KS family. Picture says they are called; "Stantsir 101 KS-U" Or just KS-U.

    Can anyone enlighten me what they exactly are? Are they a Russian equivelant of DAS or are they just fancy optical MAW's?

    2:



    ^ That is the KS-B. The "OLS-50". Is there any info available that might hint at how it might perform?

    3: What is the datalink and its device called? US/NATO has Link-16, what has Russia?
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

  7. #6457
    Senior Member metberkut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XTX-Horus View Post
    1:

    ^ Those boxes with what seems to me camera's, are part of the 101 KS family. Picture says they are called; "Stantsir 101 KS-U" Or just KS-U.

    Can anyone enlighten me what they exactly are? Are they a Russian equivelant of DAS or are they just fancy optical MAW's?
    Not much is known so far, but they are supposed to give situation "picture" of both air and ground to the pilot.

    Quote Originally Posted by XTX-Horus View Post
    2:


    ^ That is the KS-B. The "OLS-50". Is there any info available that might hint at how it might perform?

    3: What is the datalink and its device called? US/NATO has Link-16, what has Russia?
    It is KS-V. "B" = V in Slavic. Again, not much information is known so far. I guess the best one can do is to compare with OLS for Su-35S. No idea on what the datalink will be called. Not much to go on, i know.

  8. #6458
    Member Akril's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Yeburg
    Posts
    444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XTX-Horus View Post
    So, i've been following the Su-T50's development for quite some time now and still, i am left with some questions.
    I had worked on UOMZ, the factory that makes this system, seen it real sample, talked to the people who supply it to Sukhoi, and the only things I now is this:


    So don't expect much of the answers. UOMZ still classifies Su-27 derivatives subsystems, and you want to know something about next gen.
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

  9. #6459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metberkut View Post
    Not much is known so far, but they are supposed to give situation "picture" of both air and ground to the pilot.
    Sounds like it does more then just being an optical MAWS then.

    It is KS-V. "B" = V in Slavic.
    I dun goofed up with that.

    Again, not much information is known so far. I guess the best one can do is to compare with OLS for Su-35S. No idea on what the datalink will be called. Not much to go on, i know.
    I guess i can just use the OLS-35M specs and add 25 to 40% better specs then. Bummer about no one knowing the name of the datalink that the Su-T50 will use.

    Quote Originally Posted by Akril View Post
    I had worked on UOMZ, the factory that makes this system, seen it real sample, talked to the people who supply it to Sukhoi, and the only things I now is this:
    So don't expect much of the answers. UOMZ still classifies Su-27 derivatives subsystems, and you want to know something about next gen.
    I should've seen that one comming. Thanks anyways the both of you.

  10. #6460
    Senior Member metberkut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,430

    Default

    The most secretive part by faaaar is weapons for PAK FA. However, electronic systems comes close second. It is however surprising how open they have been regarding radar information. I can't imagine they were that open with AN/APG-77 way back in early 90's.

    Btw, UOMZ kinda screwed up their systems on MiG-35 and Su-35S, and they were kicked from the later. Not sure if OLS is still UOMZ one on MiG-35, but lots of original intended stuff for MiG-35 is missing. Maybe Akril can fill us up on that?

  11. #6461
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    ALBANIA
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Yes the weapons are the most secret,but not only.the second stage engine is shrunk in mistery,we dont know even how the nozzles would look like.

  12. #6462
    Senior Member metberkut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikoyan.1991 View Post
    Yes the weapons are the most secret,but not only.the second stage engine is shrunk in mistery,we dont know even how the nozzles would look like.
    Sigh. They are not even developed yet. No brainer kinda.

  13. #6463
    Senior Member Hyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8,089

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metberkut View Post
    The most secretive part by faaaar is weapons for PAK FA. However, electronic systems comes close second. It is however surprising how open they have been regarding radar information. I can't imagine they were that open with AN/APG-77 way back in early 90's.

    Btw, UOMZ kinda screwed up their systems on MiG-35 and Su-35S, and they were kicked from the later. Not sure if OLS is still UOMZ one on MiG-35, but lots of original intended stuff for MiG-35 is missing. Maybe Akril can fill us up on that?
    So whose OLs does the Su-35S use, then?

  14. #6464
    Senior Member metberkut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    So whose OLs does the Su-35S use, then?

    Original one was by UOMZ, this one:

    http://www.uomz.ru/index.php?page=products&pid=100175

    Later as seen on 902 (later) and serial ones:

    http://www.npk-spp.ru/deyatelnost/av...66-ols-35.html

    Su-35S page on KnAAPO was changed a bit back with pic of the new OLS:

    http://www.knaapo.ru/rus/products/military/su-35.wbp

    Notice size difference between them. UOMZ was showed on this year MAKS, but i can't recall seeing the "real" one.

  15. #6465
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    ALBANIA
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metberkut View Post
    Sigh. They are not even developed yet. No brainer kinda.
    the same as weapons which are not yet ready

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •