Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: FBI Security Detail

Quote Originally Posted by rchad View Post
    Does anybody know if the USSS counter-snipers and counter assualt team members are special agents or officers?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...Secret_Service
    The Counter Sniper Team is drawn from the US Secret Service Uniform Division, as is the Emergency Response Team (ERT) at the White House. The Counter Assault Team (CAT) is drawn from Special Agents assign to Presidential Protective Detail.

There is a docu about LE snipers, there is a part about Secret Service Snipers too.

Quote Originally Posted by seamus1618 View Post
    I don't so much have a problem with the way the FBI SWAT teams are dressed as I do with the attitude LEO's seem to take when they do dress that way.
    Again, I have not personally dealt with any FBI SWAT agents or any FBI agents for that matter so my opinion might be far from the truth.
    Just adding my 2 cents.
    No need to flame, I'm sure most of you don't agree with me.
    Seamus, I certainly disagree.

While you may have had different experiences with different agencies dressed different ways, I would offer that the way they dressed didn't create the mindset.

I am a big believer in the adage that the man makes the uniform, the uniform doesn't make the man.

It just seems to me that it would take an extremely weak-minded person who would change their entire mindset as a reflection of what they are wearing.

Each to their own, however.

Quote Originally Posted by seamus1618 View Post
    I don't so much have a problem with the way the FBI SWAT teams are dressed as I do with the attitude LEO's seem to take when they do dress that way.
    I completely agree that all law enforcement agencies should have the best gear available (sadly this is usually only reserved for federal agencies and large cities).
    It's just that when I've dealt with LEO in tactical gear, they all seem to take an overly hostile attitude.
    And yes I can speak from experience.
    During Hurricane Rita and Ike, local and county law enforcement all took on a more tactical dress code and their attitudes were a direct reflection of their more aggressive equipment.
    However, Texas DPS remained in their standard patrol uniforms.

They were still well armed with M4 or Mini-14 style rifles and bullet proof vests, and yes they were still able to perform their duties to the fullest even with the hindrance of pressed slacks.
    I feel that because they looked like professional LEO's they were more inclined to help people.
    Which they did, I never encountered an instance where a DPS officer was not extremely courteous and helpful.
    I cannot say the same however of officers who were allowed to wear the tactical BDU's and such.

While the task of the officers I encountered are completely different than the mission of the FBI and USSS in DC.
    I still feel that a LEO's uniform does affect his demeanor towards his job and the public in general.
    And maybe it is a good thing for FBI SWAT to have an aggressive attitude towards the public when trying to protect one man.

Again, I have not personally dealt with any FBI SWAT agents or any FBI agents for that matter so my opinion might be far from the truth.
    Just adding my 2 cents.
    No need to flame, I'm sure most of you don't agree with me.
    So, what does an FBI agent's normal uniform look like when he's not wearing BDU's?

Quote Originally Posted by Group9 View Post
    So, what does an FBI agent's normal uniform look like when he's not wearing BDU's?
    A suit and tie.

Most likely just a normal business suit.

Waywickedcool Federal Ninja Laconian's Avatar

I've seen the Bureau-issued pocket protector. It's spiffy.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik2a4 View Post
    Seamus, I certainly disagree.

While you may have had different experiences with different agencies dressed different ways, I would offer that the way they dressed didn't create the mindset.

I am a big believer in the adage that the man makes the uniform, the uniform doesn't make the man.

It just seems to me that it would take an extremely weak-minded person who would change their entire mindset as a reflection of what they are wearing.

Each to their own, however.
    I would hope you are correct and I am wrong about this one. But I can only comment on what I have experienced.

Banned user

This article was written a week before the inauguration. Has some interesting info in it. I didn't really pay attention to whether or not there was ballistic glass in front of him or not while speaking. And the pictures I saw of the parade, he was walking.

Obama will wear bullet-resistant clothing, speak behind a protective glass shield and ride in the parade in the armored Cadillac limousine, with doors and windows so thick that he probably would survive a bomb blast, law enforcement officials said.
    Trailing his car will be black vans loaded with Special Weapons and Tactics and counter-assault teams, high-speed communications equipment and electronic devices capable of jamming the detonators for homemade bombs.
    Nondescript boxes that can detect the airborne releases of chemical or biological weapons such as lethal anthrax spores will be scattered among the crowds.
    Wiley said that Secret Service agents had surveyed every building along the cordoned-off parade route, which like the Capitol grounds will be limited to ticket holders. Snipers will be positioned on rooftops and balconies along Pennsylvania Avenue, their eyes joining surveillance cameras in scanning to ensure that every window is closed and no one threatens the new president.

http://officer.com/web/online/Top-Ne...-Other/1$44957