31. How many CR2 and AS90 will the British Army retain?
227 CR2 (from 384) and 95 AS90 (from 146).
32. When will CR2 and AS90 reductions take effect?
From the next FY: Wef 1 April 2011.
33. What impact will the reductions in CR2 and AS90 have on those units?
One Bty in each of the five AS90 Regt’s will re-role to 105mm Lt Gun in order that each Regt has a mix of capabilities to deploy in support of current operations. CR2 Regts will see no significant changes, less a reduction to unit-holdings of MBT.
34. What will happen to those CR2 and AS90 that we no longer require?
The disposal plan for CR2 and AS90 has yet to be decided.
35. Will the CR2 and WR upgrade programmes still go ahead?
We believe that both the CR2 and WR upgrade programme will continue, but may be subject to savings (reduced numbers and a reduced capability against current plans).