Thread: British Armed Forces

Quote Originally Posted by happyslapper View Post

One is not to be fuc[FONT=georgia]k[/FONT]ed with...
    Those white gloves became awfully mucky when she had to clean it.

Also, nice ELCAN sights but is the L85 an A1 ? Cocking handle view isn't too clear ?

That's a SUSAT on an L85A1 (or maybe just an L85?!). That photo is very old, from when the SA80 was introduced IIRC.

probably an A1 due to the time period and the longer handguard, in A2's the handguard is slightly shorter

Oops ! My mistake.

My excuse is that for a SUSAT, it's looking in rather good nick (No alloy showing through the paint), whereas an ELCAN would be rather shiny.

Default Soldiers of 7th Armoured Brigade (The Desert Rats) during mortar training

[FONT=Verdana]3 MERCIAN Mortar Cadre[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]With training for contingency ops a priority, the need to train in all weathers is exemplified by soldiers on the 3 MERCIAN Mortar Cadre. Being able to do your job in the cold or the heat is paramount so the weather provided the perfect training opportunity![/FONT][FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Photo credit to read - Cpl Ross Fernie RLC Crown Copyright[/FONT][FONT=Verdana][/FONT]

Default British Paratroopers Search For Weapons In Southern Afghanistan

[FONT=Verdana]I have posted all these photos before quite awhile ago but in much smaller lower quality versions and as I have now found larger better quality ones and they are such interesting photos I thought I would post them again.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana] [FONT=Verdana]The 3rd Battalion The Parachute Regiment conducted a joint operation with Canadian-led Task Force Kandahar, U.S.-led Task Force Paladin, Afghan National Army (ANA) and Afghan National Police ANP) in the village of Salavat in the Province of Panjawi to search three compounds, of which one was a mosque, to seize weapons and fight against the Taliban. According to the military, during the operation about 10 Taliban were killed and 200lbs of explosives confiscated.[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]

British paratrooper from the 3rd Battalion The Parachute Regiment Pvt. Craig Montgomery, 19, from Nottingham, England, takes part in an operation to search three compounds and look for weapons on July 1, 2008 in Salavat, Panjawi Province, Afghanistan.

A British Paratrooper from the 3rd Battalion The Parachute Regiment aims his rifle during an operation to search three compounds and look for weapons on July 1, 2008 in Salavat, Panjawi Province, Afghanistan.

A British Paratroopers from the 3rd Battalion The Parachute Regiment takes part in a an operation to search three compounds and look for weapons on July 1, 2008 in Salavat, Panjawi Province, Afghanistan.

British Paratroopers from the 3rd Battalion The Parachute Regiment take part in a an operation to search three compounds and look for weapons on July 1, 2008 in Salavat, Panjawi Province, Afghanistan.

British Soldier from the Royal Army Veterinary Corp and his arms and explosive search dog attach to the British paratroopers from 3rd Battalion The Parachute Regiment take part in a an operation to search three compounds and look for weapons on July 1, 2008 in Salavat, Panjawi Province, Afghanistan.

British Paratrooper Pvt. David Kell, 22, from Glasgow, of the 3rd Battalion The Parachute Regiment takes part in a an operation to search three compounds and look for weapons on July 1, 2008 in Salavat, Panjawi Province, Afghanistan.

British Paratrooper from the 3rd Battalion The Parachute Regiment CSM Steve Tidmarsh, 36, from Halifax takes part in a an operation to search three compounds and look for weapons on July 1, 2008 in Salavat, Panjawi Province, Afghanistan.

British Paratroopers from the 3rd Battalion The Parachute Regiment deploy from royal Air Force Chinook Helicopter during an operation to search three compounds and look for weapons on July 1, 2008 in Salavat, Panjawi Province, Afghanistan.

British Paratroopers from the 3rd Battalion The Parachute Regiment take part in a an operation to search three compounds and look for weapons on July 1, 2008 in Salavat, Panjawi Province, Afghanistan.

A British soldier takes part in an operation to search three compounds and look for weapons on July 1, 2008 in Salavat, Panjawi Province, Afghanistan.

British Paratroopers from the 3rd Battalion The Parachute Regiment take part in an operation to search three compounds and look for weapons on July 1, 2008 in Salavat, Panjawi Province, Afghanistan.

[/FONT]

Default British Paratroopers Search For Weapons In Southern Afghanistan

[FONT=Verdana]I have posted all these photos before quite awhile ago but in much smaller lower quality versions and as I have now found larger better quality ones and they are such interesting photos I thought I would post them again.

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana] [FONT=Verdana]The 3rd Battalion The Parachute Regiment conducted a joint operation with Canadian-led Task Force Kandahar, U.S.-led Task Force Paladin, Afghan National Army (ANA) and Afghan National Police ANP) in the village of Salavat in the Province of Panjawi to search three compounds, of which one was a mosque, to seize weapons and fight against the Taliban. According to the military, during the operation about 10 Taliban were killed and 200lbs of explosives confiscated.[/FONT]

British Paratrooper from the 3rd Battalion The Parachute Regiment, Cpl. Perran Berry, 31, from New Zealand, takes part in an operation to search three compounds and look for weapons on July 1, 2008 in Salavat, Panjawi Province, Afghanistan.

British Paratroopers from the 3rd Battalion The Parachute Regiment take part in an operation to search three compounds and look for weapons on July 1, 2008 in Salavat, Panjawi Province, Afghanistan.

British Paratroopers from the 3rd Battalion The Parachute Regiment and Soldiers from Canadian led Task Force Kandahar take part in an operation to search three compounds and look for weapons on July 1, 2008 in Salavat, Panjawi Province, Afghanistan.

British Paratroopers from the 3rd Battalion The Parachute Regiment and Soldiers from Canadian led Task Force Kandahar take part in an operation to search three compounds and look for weapons on July 1, 2008 in Salavat, Panjawi Province, Afghanistan.

British Paratroopers from the 3rd Battalion The Parachute Regiment Pte Simon King, 21-years-old from Southend takes part in an operation to search three compounds and look for weapons on July 1, 2008 in Salavat, Panjawi Province, Afghanistan.

British Paratroopers from the 3rd Battalion The Parachute Regiment talk to Afghan civilians during an operation to search three compounds and look for weapons on July 1, 2008 in Salavat, Panjawi Province, Afghanistan.

British Paratroopers from the 3rd Battalion The Parachute Regiment and Soldiers from the U.S.-led Task Force Paladin take part in an operation to search three compounds and look for weapons on July 1, 2008 in Salavat, Panjawi Province, Afghanistan.

British Paratroopers from the 3rd Battalion The Parachute Regiment, Soldiers from the U.S.-led Task Force Paladin and an unidentify U.S citizen from Dallas, TX., (C) working as a civilian contractor to advise the U.S.-led Task Force Paladin take part in an operation to search three compounds and look for weapons on July 1, 2008 in Salavat, Panjawi Province, Afghanistan.

British Paratroopers from the 3rd Battalion The Parachute Regiment and Soldiers from the U.S.-led Task Force Paladin take part in an operation to search three compounds and look for weapons on July 1, 2008 in Salavat, Panjawi Province, Afghanistan.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]
    [/FONT]

Afghan women and children sit in a compound as British Paratrooper from the 3rd Battalion The Parachute Regiment Pvt. Mark Pearce, 32, from Beckenham, England, takes part in an operation to search three compounds and look for weapons on July 1, 2008 in Salavat, Panjawi Province, Afghanistan.

[/FONT]

Default Afghanistan - Parachute Regiment Quick Reaction Force

[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana] [FONT=Verdana]On July 9, 2008 at 12:27 Afghan time, a British patrol requested fire support from a British Apache when they encountered enemy forces near FOB Gibraltar. After engaging one enemy position, the Apache fired upon another position which the crew believed to be held by enemy forces. It would appear that the British forces were mistaken for the enemy and as a result three members of the patrol were seriously wounded and six more were classified as walking wounded. The seriously wounded personnel were moved by helicopter to Camp Bastion medical facilities. Two members of personnel remain in hospital and one member of personnel has gone back to the UK for further treatment. An investigation is underway into how the incident occurred[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Photos:Marco Di Lauro[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]
    [/FONT]

British Paratrooper from the 2nd Battalion, The Parachute Regiment wait for a Chinook helicopter to land to evacuate six British Paratroopers with minor injuries after they were shot by a British Army Apache Helicopter while on patrol and under a Taliban attack on July 9, 2008 in Gibraltar FOB (Forward Operating Base) in Upper Gereshk Valley ,Helmand Province, Afghanistan.

A British Paratrooper from the 2nd Battalion The Parachute Regiment gets ready to go on patrol on July 9, 2008 in Gibraltar FOB (Forward Operating Base) in Upper Gereshk Valley,Helmand Province, Afghanistan.

British Paratroopers from the 2nd Battalion The Parachute Regiment get ready to go on patrol on July 9, 2008 in Gibraltar FOB (Forward Operating Base) in Upper Gereshk Valley,Helmand Province, Afghanistan

British Paratroopers from the 2nd Battalion The Parachute Regiment get ready to go on patrol on July 9, 2008 in Gibraltar FOB (Forward Operating Base) in Upper Gereshk Valley,Helmand Province, Afghanistan.

British Paratrooper from the 2nd Battalion The Parachute Regiment get ready to go on patrol on July 9, 2008 in Gibraltar FOB (Forward Operating Base) in Upper Gereshk Valley,Helmand Province, Afghanistan.

British Paratrooper from the 2nd Battalion The Parachute Regiment get ready to go on patrol on July 9, 2008 in Gibraltar FOB (Forward Operating Base) in Upper Gereshk Valley,Helmand Province, Afghanistan

British Paratrooper from the 2nd Battalion The Parachute Regiment get ready to go on patrol on July 9, 2008 in Gibraltar FOB (Forward Operating Base) in Upper Gereshk Valley, Helmand Province, Afghanistan.

British Paratrooper from the 2nd Battalion The Parachute Regiment get ready to go on patrol on July 9, 2008 in Gibraltar FOB (Forward Operating Base) in Upper Gereshk Valley, Helmand Province, Afghanistan.

British Paratrooper from the 2nd Battalion, The Parachute Regiment get ready to go on patrol on July 9, 2008 in Gibraltar FOB (Forward Operating Base) in Upper Gereshk Valley ,Helmand Province, Afghanistan.

British Paratroopers from the 2nd Battalion, The Parachute Regiment on duty as a quick reaction force get ready to rescue their injured fellows shoot by a British Army Apache Helicopter while on patrol and under a Taliban attack on July 9, 2008 in Gibraltar FOB (Forward Operating Base) in Upper Gereshk Valley, Helmand Province, Afghanistan.

Default British Paratroopers Conduct Operation 'Southern Beast' In Afghanistan

[FONT=Verdana] [FONT=Verdana]The British Army soldiers from the 3rd Battalion The Parachute Regiment spearheaded a strike operation in the Maywand District of the Kandahar Province, setting the conditions for a permanent ISAF presence to support the Afghan National Government in their fight against the Taliban. Striking within one of Afghanistan's major opium producing areas the Paratroopers were looking for weapons, drugs, and individuals related to the Taliban. During the operation about seventy kilograms of opium was seized and some weapons were recovered.[/FONT]

British Army soldiers from the 3rd Battalion The Parachute Regiment sniper section conduct strike operation Southern Beast on August 3, 2008 in Maywand District in Kandahar Province, Afghanistan.

British Army soldiers from the 3rd Battalion The Parachute Regiment seize about seventy kilograms of opium hidden in a car, during strike operation Southern Beast on August 3, 2008 in Maywand District in Kandahar Province, Afghanistan

British Army soldier from the 3rd Battalion The Parachute Regiment seize about seventy kilograms of opium hidden in a car during strike operation Southern Beast on August 3, 2008 in Maywand District in Kandahar Province, Afghanistan.

British Army soldiers from the 3rd Battalion The Parachute Regiment conduct strike operation Southern Beast on August 1, 2008 in Maywand District in Kandahar Province, Afghanistan.
    [/FONT]

Default British Troops Force Taliban From Kandahar Strongholds

[FONT=Verdana]I have posted all these photos before quite awhile ago but in much smaller lower quality versions and as I have now found larger better quality ones and they are such interesting photos I thought I would post them again.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]British paratroopers from 3rd Battalion The Parachute Regiment secure the Kandahar football stadium following a threat of suicide bomber attacks on June 18, 2008 in Kandahar, Afghanistan. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]British Paratroopers conducted operation 'Daor Bukhou'by flying in hundreds of paratroopers from 3rd Battalion The Parachute Regiment into the football stadium of Kandahar City for the first time since 2001 to provide a presence in the city to support the Afghan National Security Forces in their battle against the Taliban.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Photos: Marco Di Lauro[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]

[/FONT]

If I remember correctly the pictures of the Para's with just sleeveless tops or T-Shirts on toting Gimpies around caused a stir in the dregs of the UK press (ie; all of it) due to it's similarities with pictures of soldiers in Vietnam.

Hopefully I will have quite a few of these photos to repost when I get the time, but as I think they are interesting i think it will be worth the effort

Definitely, thanks for the effort!

Default British Troops Force Taliban From Kandahar Strongholds

[FONT=Verdana] [FONT=Verdana]British Paratroopers conducted operation 'Daor Bukhou'by flying in hundreds of paratroopers from 3rd Battalion The Parachute Regiment into the football stadium of Kandahar City for the first time since 2001 to provide a presence in the city to support the Afghan National Security Forces in their battle against the Taliban.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Photos: Marco Di Lauro[/FONT]

British paratroopers from 3rd Battalion The Parachute Regiment deploy into the Kandahar football stadium on June 19, 2008 in Kandahar, Afghanistan.

British paratroopers from 3rd Battalion The Parachute Regiment deploy into the Kandahar football stadium on June 19, 2008 in Kandahar, Afghanistan.

British paratrooper from 3rd Battalion The Parachute Regiment Pte Adam Card, 20-years-old from Liverpool is seen as he deploy into the Kandahar Stadium on June 19, 2008 in Kandahar, Afghanistan.

British paratrooper from 3rd Battalion The Parachute Regiment Pte Chris Jones, 27-years-old from Dublin is seen as he deploys into the Kandahar Stadium on June 19, 2008 in Kandahar, Afghanistan.

British paratroopers from 3rd Battalion The Parachute Regiment extract from the Kandahar football stadium on June 19, 2008 in Kandahar, Afghanistan.

Two Royal Air Force Chinook helicopter take off from the Kandahar football stadium on June 19, 2008 in Kandahar, Afghanistan.
    [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Dossbag View Post
    Definitely, thanks for the effort!
    Thanks