Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Uncomfortable Definition of an Infidel .... by John Harrison - MBE. MIDSc

Default The Uncomfortable Definition of an Infidel .... by John Harrison - MBE. MIDSc

You’ll need a drink after reading this.....
    -
    The Uncomfortable Definition of an Infidel .... by John Harrison - MBE. MIDSc
    Allah or the Lord Jesus Christ? The Muslim religion is by far the fastest growing religion in the UK.

Last month I attended my annual training session that's required for maintaining my prison security clearance. During the training session there was a presentation by three speakers representing the Roman Catholic, Protestant and Muslim faiths, who explained each of their beliefs.

I was particularly interested in what the Islamic Imam had to say. The Imam gave a great presentation of the basics of Islam, complete with a video.

After the presentations, time was provided for questions and answers.

When it was my turn, I directed my question to the Imam and asked:

'Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand that most Imams and clerics of Islam have declared a holy jihad [Holy war] against the infidels of the world and, that by killing an infidel, (which is a command to all Muslims) they are assured of a place in heaven.

If that's the case, can you give me the definition of an infidel?'

There was no disagreement with my statements and, without hesitation, he replied, 'Non-believers!'

I responded, 'So, let me make sure I have this straight. All followers of Allah have been commanded to kill everyone who is not of your faith so they can have a place in heaven. Is that correct?'

The expression on his face changed from one of authority and command to that of 'a little boy who had just been caught with his hand in the cookie jar.'

He sheepishly replied, 'Yes.'

I then stated, 'Well, I have a real problem trying to imagine Pope Benedict commanding all Catholics to kill those of your faith or Dr. Stanley ordering all Protestants to do the same in order to guarantee them a place in heaven!'

The Imam was speechless!
    I continued, 'I also have a problem with being your 'friend' when you and your brother clerics are telling your followers to kill me! Let me ask you a question. Would you rather have your Allah, who tells you to kill me in order for you to go to heaven, or my Jesus who tells me to love you because I am going to heaven and He wants you to be there with me?'

You could have heard a pin drop as the Imam remained speechless.

Needless to say, the organizers and promoters of the 'Diversification' training seminar were not happy with this way of dealing with the Islamic Imam and exposing the truth about the Muslims' beliefs.

Within twenty years there will be enough Muslim voters in the U.K. to elect a government of their choice, complete with sharia law

The writer thinks that everyone in the U.K. should be required to read this, but with the Liberal justice system, liberal media and the political correctness madness, there is no way this will be widely publicised. Good Wishes

received on an email so don't know how true-but thought provoking...

SIYF

(snopes is your friend)

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/allah.asp

I need another beer

cheers Kilgor-thats a good site,i have added it to my favourites

I have never found out if Mr Harrison actually wrote the article or his name was just culled from the Honours list I believe Mr Harrison worked for the NHS for a great part of his life. Another chain e-Mail targeting the vulnerable amongst us.

Banned user

Delte post mods please
    Last edited by takavar92; 02-20-2009 at 07:40 AM.

While the actual story may have been an urban legend, the basic premise of Islam needing to convert the whole world to Islam or labeling us, that do not convert, infidels. Then the whole "can kill all infidels" kicks in. I for one would like some sort of written guarantee about the whole 72 virgin thing before I sign up.

Instead of asking about 72 virgins, I'd be more worried about what "kind" of virgins your gonna get, they never do go indepth about that part.
    Would not want to get 72 flaming cross dressing spider monkeys.

Default The message is correct

I agree the post forms the basis of an email chain and it has been well documented on Snopes and other sites ... but one cannot but agree with its content.

Muslims will be an electoral majority very soon and we will have to face Britain as an adversary with many more nukes than Pakistan,
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle5621482.ece

U.K. has already Sharia courts,
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle4749183.ece

Quote Originally Posted by Masterstrokes View Post
    I agree the post forms the basis of an email chain and it has been well documented on Snopes and other sites ... but one cannot but agree with its content.

Muslims will be an electoral majority very soon and we will have to face Britain as an adversary with many more nukes than Pakistan,
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle5621482.ece

U.K. has already Sharia courts,
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle4749183.ece
    Yes the Muslim population will increase but it is unlikely that they will outnumber either the Christains, Jewish, Hindu, Jedi or the secular.

I disagree with Islamic Sharia courts and the should be banned along with the Jewish Beth Din courts.

You know, at night, that noise in your closet? Thats me!

Wait, Wait Wait.....Jedi is a religion? SWEEEEET Jedi-ism

Quote Originally Posted by Bacilluspolymyxa View Post
    Yes the Muslim population will increase but it is unlikely that they will outnumber either the Christains, Jewish, Hindu, Jedi or the secular.

I disagree with Islamic Sharia courts and the should be banned along with the Jewish Beth Din courts.

Even if it was true...

Why is everyone shocked and horrified about Islamic views,
    attitudes.... and treatment toward non-believers?

Open your history books... how many wars, atrocities, deaths, etc. were committed by Christians against non-Christian "pagans" and heretical Christians in the name of God?

Saxon Wars, the murders and deaths from the Reformation, Thirty Years' War, the Reconquista, French Wars of Religion, colonialism in Africa, Asia, and the Americas and countless named and unamed conflicts, encounters, or actions perpetrated for God and in the name of God.

Both Christian and Muslim hands are covered in blood.

Banned user

Heck, even if it is a fake story, the everything in it is correct. I've read the koran a few times and there's no need for a fatwa, if muslims just followed the koran then they have to kill all non believers. And that koran is a freaking confusing piece of work, it's like the guy who wrote it had amnesia, along with a bipolar personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    Even if it was true...

Open your history books... how many wars, atrocities, deaths, etc. were committed by Christians against non-Christian "pagans" and heretical Christians in the name of God?

Saxon Wars, the murders and deaths from the Reformation, Thirty Years' War, the Reconquista, French Wars of Religion, colonialism in Africa, Asia, and the Americas and countless named and unamed conflicts, encounters, or actions perpetrated for God and in the name of God.

Thank you for this Gungnir, wanted to say this myself but glad that you posted.

I don't have it handy but when I was reading the Quran with an an open mind and a willingness to learn the first thing that really stuck out for me was how it affirms that Allah will ensure that certain people (infidels) will be and remain blinded to the truth of the faith and no matter what their experience will have no way to see the light.

I find it an interesting difference between the faiths- whereas Christians have dedicated so much time to converting people left and right, (Colonisation through absorption and suppression) Islam seems to have no use for such tactics - the idea of an ever present enemy, articulated through the concept of the infidel - makes the Us vs. Them mentality clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    Even if it was true...

WHy?!?!? Because, the truth is, that although the bahavior of CHristianity as a whole in the past has been at times HORRIFIC = the *teachings* of Jesus are pretty much peace love and jellybeans - AND that sort of conversion/subjugation of other religeons ins NO LONGER seen as a reasonable or LEGAL way to act.

Quote Originally Posted by Gleipnir View Post
    Thank you for this Gungnir, wanted to say this myself but glad that you posted.

I don't have it handy but when I was reading the Quran with an an open mind and a willingness to learn the first thing that really stuck out for me was how it affirms that Allah will ensure that certain people (infidels) will be and remain blinded to the truth of the faith and no matter what their experience will have no way to see the light.

I find it an interesting difference between the faiths- whereas Christians have dedicated so much time to converting people left and right, (Colonisation through absorption and suppression) Islam seems to have no use for such tactics - the idea of an ever present enemy, articulated through the concept of the infidel - makes the Us vs. Them mentality clear.
    That is true - the Koran says that you have a choice - convert or die....unless you are a "person of the book" then you have "protected" status as a Dhimmi - a second class citizen.

No thanks.

Senior Member I'mOnlyHalfPolish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gleipnir View Post
    Funny...considering the ultra-high number of muslim believers in the "islamic world". in the west we have an abundance of believers of many faiths in our countries who are open to freely practice their religions...yet even a moderate "muslim country" like turkey is 99% islamic. this also begs to ask what sort of life these other groups have? think of what happened to iraq's Christian community after the islamic groups began to rise in power...?

i have also heard that it is nearly impossible, if not impossible to build a Church in places such as Saudi Arabia and that evangelists are faced with violence and intimidation if not complete blockage by the gov't.

freedom of religion seems to ring true in the islamic world...as long as you are a practicing muslim. islam is still attempting to be spread via the sword while the "Christians" you refer to do it via prostheletyzing giving the new believer a choice through faith not through violence or seperation from normal society.

not to mention it is mandated in the Bible that Christians evangelize, there is little to nothing in the New Testament about conversion through violence, oppression or ridding the Earth of "infidels"