Thread: Chinese Military Photos

  1. #5296
    Senior Member xingbake1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,552

    Default

    It's the 2nd hand renewal IL-76MD sold to China.

  2. #5297

    Default

    New photos of Soar Dragon...














    Shown in Zhuhai Airshow 2010...








    CG





    Henri K.

  3. #5298

    Default



    Henri K.

  4. #5299
    Senior Member metberkut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,580

    Default

    No, it is not a second hand aircraft from recent contract, it is one of the ones delivered in 1993. But it is sweet paintjob indeed.

  5. #5300
    Senior Member xingbake1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metberkut View Post
    No, it is not a second hand aircraft from recent contract, it is one of the ones delivered in 1993. But it is sweet paintjob indeed.
    Look at the aircrafts at back, you can see this picture was taken in Russia.


  6. #5301
    Senior Member metberkut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,580

    Default

    I dont need to. Not only do i know where it is, i have even been there as well... It is repainted/repaired older Il-76 from a previous delivery.

  7. #5302
    Senior Member fiorellabel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    In partibus fidelium
    Posts
    1,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Henri K. View Post
    New photos of Soar Dragon...













    Henri K.
    I just imagine thousands of people now desperately looking for anything Chinese would have copied from.
    Poor guys, their whole mental image of the world is at risk now...

  8. #5303
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Henri K. View Post


    Henri K.
    This thing looks like a big beast! I wonder when they put bombs on it....

    greetz

  9. #5304
    Senior Member subotai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    L-Point
    Posts
    2,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fiorellabel View Post
    I just imagine thousands of people now desperately looking for anything Chinese would have copied from.
    Poor guys, their whole mental image of the world is at risk now...
    Had the same thought. This whole aircraft will be watched widely as nobody has flown much more than models of these. It will be interesting if this wing geometry shows up in other Chinese designs.

  10. #5305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fiorellabel View Post
    I just imagine thousands of people now desperately looking for anything Chinese would have copied from.
    Poor guys, their whole mental image of the world is at risk now...
    Erm, Predator?

  11. #5306
    Senior Member subotai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    L-Point
    Posts
    2,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RomeoTangoFoxtrotIndigo View Post
    Erm, Predator?
    You are blind right? Say again it looks like a Predator. Here is a different view.
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

  12. #5307
    Senior Member fiorellabel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    In partibus fidelium
    Posts
    1,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RomeoTangoFoxtrotIndigo View Post
    Erm, Predator?
    Ok, I've said "disperately trying" but that one is simply ludicrous.

  13. #5308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fiorellabel View Post
    Ok, I've said "disperately trying" but that one is simply ludicrous.
    Look at the fuselage, its a predator...or avenger, take your pick

  14. #5309
    Senior Member Maximmmm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    A Russian getting his education on in Vancouver, Canada
    Age
    21
    Posts
    4,374

    Default

    The real question is not whether it can fly, but what the insides are full of. Most of what made the predator/reaper series so unique and set it apart from rc planes was the solid amount of electronics on board. That eye they carry costs 1mil$ a pop.

    But that's a topic for a discussion thread, not here.

  15. #5310
    Senior Member J도so's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Funland
    Posts
    2,867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximmmm View Post
    The real question is not whether it can fly, but what the insides are full of. Most of what made the predator/reaper series so unique and set it apart from rc planes was the solid amount of electronics on board. That eye they carry costs 1mil$ a pop.

    But that's a topic for a discussion thread, not here.
    Looking specs of this thing I think it will be carrying SAR instead of traditional "eye".

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •