Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Top Ten Most Powerful Countries

Quote Originally Posted by Yes Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dots
    EDIT: Kind of sad, but I just checked the fact book ( http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/...k/geos/ca.html ) and Canada spends more money on its military than Israel. I wonder what we are doing wrong
    No nukes and regional tranquility = decreased military power. No shame in relatively secure borders.
    I know we have a decreased military power, but why is our decreased military power costing us more than Israel?
    Canada doesn't receive billions of dollars in military aid from the US that the Israelis do.

Israel- the best you can build in 60 years of being shot at

Quote Originally Posted by Cassiar
    EDIT: Kind of sad, but I just checked the fact book ( http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/...k/geos/ca.html ) and Canada spends more money on its military than Israel. I wonder what we are doing wrong
    No nukes and regional tranquility = decreased military power. No shame in relatively secure borders.
    I know we have a decreased military power, but why is our decreased military power costing us more than Israel?
    Canada doesn't receive billions of dollars in military aid from the US that the Israelis do.
    *3 billions.
    Still they waste too much for a military force of 35,000 soldiers.

Yes Man wrote

The problem with these lists is that they are based on the state of readiness that a country is at today and not the power of the country.

Do you really think that if Germany got its war machine going it would not be able to crush Israel? Canada could probably mop the floor with Israel. The thing is many of the powerful nations in the world have no interest in there military, but that could change by a simple transfer of money from one account to another.

EDIT: Kind of sad, but I just checked the fact book (http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/...k/geos/ca.html ) and Canada spends more money on its military than Israel. I wonder what we are doing wrong
    Regarding Israelís military I heard from the US State Department they had the fourth most powerful military, so the list I gave isnít totally incorrect. Also Canada isnít really that strong they may spend a lot of money on the military but they rarely use their military. Israel is constantly fighting and learning things from it. Also regarding Germany Iíve never heard anyone refer to them as a powerful nation in modern times. Why do you think that they would defeat Israel if they got in a war?

Quote Originally Posted by Cassiar
    Well you donít need to for you have the U.S. and its 300 plus billion a year military to defend you if you would face an all out invasion or one like Israel faces all the time that threatens its very existence

secondly aid from the U.S. or not, as ďYes ManĒ did point out, you do spend more then we do (lets not forget that we spend more then twice out of our own money then what the U.S. "gives" us (oh and actually we "giveĒ most of it back but thatís a whole other story ).

Either way ďYes ManĒ is onto something, for the amount of money that Canada spends whereas it spends more then Israel does, though we know it has nowhere near the military might as Israel has, well with that spending I would at least think we would see a more strengthened military and not one with all the problems it has.

Let me end off that I have the utmost respect for the individual Canadian soldiers, I am only referring here to the overall structure of the military as well as the political situation in Canada that the Canadian military faces and why it has all the problems that it has.

Shalom

Cassiar don't try to turn this into a flame war and everyone please don't reply to his comments. I'll ask the moderators to lock this thread if it turns into a flame war.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayeret
    Yes Man wrote

The problem with these lists is that they are based on the state of readiness that a country is at today and not the power of the country.

Do you really think that if Germany got its war machine going it would not be able to crush Israel? Canada could probably mop the floor with Israel. The thing is many of the powerful nations in the world have no interest in there military, but that could change by a simple transfer of money from one account to another.

EDIT: Kind of sad, but I just checked the fact book (http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/...k/geos/ca.html ) and Canada spends more money on its military than Israel. I wonder what we are doing wrong
    Regarding Israelís military I heard from the US State Department they had the fourth most powerful military, so the list I gave isnít totally incorrect. Also Canada isnít really that strong they may spend a lot of money on the military but they rarely use their military. Israel is constantly fighting and learning things from it. Also regarding Germany Iíve never heard anyone refer to them as a powerful nation in modern times. Why do you think that they would defeat Israel if they got in a war?

I am not talking about a war right now, countries like Germany are only spending 1.5% of their GDP on their military, and Canada only spends 1%. Right now Germany, Canada is not in a state of war, and is not putting any money into its military. Israel on the other hand is constantly engaged in war and spends almost 9% on their military.

I think Germany would be able to defeat (sorry if crush was too strong a word) Israel because if it chose to it could switch its economy to a war economy. This would give Germany almost 20 to 1 in terms of man power, and 30 to 1 in terms of money. With both these nations have access to any technology in the world, I think Israel would not be able to stop them.

The same applies to Canada, though not as big as Germany, it still has 7 times the man power, 10 times the money as well as access to any technology including nukes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayeret
    Yes Man wrote

I am not talking about a war right now, countries like Germany are only spending 1.5% of their GDP on their military, and Canada only spends 1%. Right now Germany, Canada is not in a state of war, and is not putting any money into its military. Israel on the other hand is constantly engaged in war and spends almost 9% on their military.

I think Germany would be able to defeat (sorry if crush was too strong a word) Israel because if it chose to it could switch its economy to a war economy. This would give Germany almost 20 to 1 in terms of man power, and 30 to 1 in terms of money. With both these nations have access to any technology in the world, I think Israel would not be able to stop them.

The same applies to Canada, though not as big as Germany, it still has 7 times the man power, 10 times the money as well as access to any technology including nukes.
    We all know the Germans can kick serious ass when they want/need to and when we don't think they can.

Yes Man,

I understood your point all along (as one can tell from my previous post to you) and yes I am glad you took my advice to change it to defeat for I donít think you can "crush" or "mop" even with those high odds.....however I repeat, if that were to be a situation, well the MAD principle would come into place for nukes are a equalizer irregardless of how big your army is and even if you also have nukes.

Oh and let me end off by saying that IMO I believe on a one to one basis, no matter if you do spend up the whazoo, well I still donít think you can compare to our experiences and capabilities, but indeed with 30 to one odds, well it might get tuff for us but we do have other things at our disposal if need be

Shalom

*News flash....no body from europe or Asia can defeat us since we have

The A bomb

EvanL

Quote Originally Posted by UoUo

The A bomb
    uhhhhh ok
    cus there sure isnt any nuclear power in europe.. or asia right?

Quote Originally Posted by EvanLloyd
    Quote Originally Posted by UoUo

The A bomb
    uhhhhh ok
    cus there sure isnt any nuclear power in europe.. or asia right?

So we and the invading country will be gone... fine for me.

And you seem to forget...we are zionists...we control the world...and offcure the USA! so...when somebody will try to invade us we will just send them the USA.

Canada is impossible to conquer and occupy anyway so none of this matters.

Can Israel mobilize troops into Canada?

Is Iran strong militarily wise?

give me a break, canada would get raped, isreal is a nuclear (weapons_) nation, number 2 since biblical times the people of israel are always in a mentality that no one is gonna come save their ass so they need to bethe ready, finally the us gives them millions in aid and equiment, also the IMI has some of the most advanced electronics and weapons systems in the world.

CANADA HAS A NUCLEAR PROGRAM DEDICATED TO PEACEFUL PURPOSES ONLY. ALTHOUGH CANADA
    WAS ONE OF THE FIRST COUNTRIES INVOLVED IN NUCLEAR RESEARCH DURING WORLD WAR II, IMMEDIATELY
    AFTER THAT WAR THE CANADIAN GOVERNMENT RENOUNCED ANY INTEREST IN NUCLEAR WEAPONS.
    Since then the domestic program has been focused solely on peaceful uses
    and strong policies have been adopted to ensure that any export of nuclear
    technology, equipment or materials does not contribute to nuclear weapons.

Germany on the other hand would be a little tougher i'm not really sure who would win that.[/quote]