Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2527282930313233343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: IDF Reenactment

Quote Originally Posted by Domobran369 View Post
    Can you please tell me what is black material made off?
    You glue a black tshirt over the entire helmet, and trim the edges. Then there's a thick elastic band you stretch and glue around the bottom of it. Pretty simple.

thx again guys !!!!

Hi guys,
    Im looking for modern (and futher) israel combat helmets. Can you send me some links, where I can find more information? Or, directly link to israel combat helmet producer?

Thank you for answer

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrant View Post
    Hi guys,
    Im looking for modern (and futher) israel combat helmets. Can you send me some links, where I can find more information? Or, directly link to israel combat helmet producer?

Thank you for answer
    http://www.zahal.org/products/idf-helmet-iiia

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrant View Post
    Hi guys,

Thank you for answer
    Rabintex RBH 103 your choice.

http://www.rabintex.com/Ballistic_Helmets.asp

Sorry for the really crappy quality... camera is down so I'm working with the iPhone.... IDF loadout circa 2003-2006 Second Lebanon War... Just need some headgear, but a real Orlite is not in the budget right now, so I may attempt to modify a fiberglass MICH copy by removing the "ears" All comments and criticisms are welcome!
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

Also Vest is a Export Erez Recon model needs to be dirtied up a bit, I know

Buenos Aires in body, the beautiful and green Sharon in my heart

I dont know how to explain this in English, you need to tuck your pant legs with rubber bands, gomiots. just read this thread you will see all the old recommendations that apply to you already posted.

Eating eggs & hash browns. Nahal %^&*@strong 111.

What Climber means is you should blouse your boots. The IDF doesn't tuck them into the boot-tops, rather you take some elastic and tie it so it's like a large rubber band able to fit snugly over the boot and onto your leg (without cutting off circulation.) Roll the pant's cuffs around the elastic so they blouse over the boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaplanr View Post
    What Climber means is you should blouse your boots. The IDF doesn't tuck them into the boot-tops, rather you take some elastic and tie it so it's like a large rubber band able to fit snugly over the boot and onto your leg (without cutting off circulation.) Roll the pant's cuffs around the elastic so they blouse over the boots.
    Thanks this was definitely helpful.... I knew this needed to be done, but was a little lazy in doing it... Now I also have a great visual and it seems super easy

Quote Originally Posted by ScarletPatriot View Post
    Thanks this was definitely helpful.... I knew this needed to be done, but was a little lazy in doing it... Now I also have a great visual and it seems super easy
    You don't even need rubber bands if you're REALLY lazy. You can just stretch your socks as high as they will go, and roll the excess down over the tops of the boots. Then tuck your pants up between the sock and boot. Most people lose their elastic bands or whatever at one point in time or another and this is the quick solution.

Eating eggs & hash browns. Nahal %^&*@strong 111.

I went one better, I just had the kibbutz laundry sew elastic into the cuffs for me. I'm 6-4", when I found pants that fit, they din't go into blai.

I went one better, I just had the kibbutz laundry sew elastic into the cuffs for me. I'm 6-4", when I found pants that fit, they din't go into blai.
    I'm 6'2" and a 38" waist it was incredibly difficult to find these pants.... They still feel a little too short...

lol when I first joined I had elastics, not rubber bands. After a while they got lost and I switched to rubber bands. After a while they got lost and broke, I got hiking boots from my unit, and I never bothered replacing the bands again since I only ever needed them for yetziot.
    I hear ya about the uniform sizes. I needed the bagginess of gimel but the waist of a bet. When I wore gimel the waist was always too large, but if I wore the better fitting bet, I'd always, ALWAYS tear the crotch going down to kriya. Also, we always had a shortage of bet shirts so my gimel shirts were always too baggy. Oh well lol