Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 27293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: IDF Reenactment

Oh I remember those, we would still get the sometimes when I was in my regular service. Horrible in Israeli weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaplanr View Post
    Does anyone still manage to find what we called Amerikieot? Those were the darker green Vietnam era US fatigue shirts and pants. Very soft, larger sizes and very prized. Here's a photo of what they looked like. http://www.militaryuniformsupply.com...id=21205&w=250
    I remember those bets. You are right on all counts.

Close, but here's the shirt (even though the as says jacket) http://www.militaryuniformsupply.com...fatigue-jacket
    Quote Originally Posted by IDF_TANKER View Post
    Oh I remember those, we would still get the sometimes when I was in my regular service. Horrible in Israeli weather.
    Okay....yeah, those don't look like they'd be very good when it's hot. In the Middle East or SE Asia. I suppose that's why the US Military went to the looser fitting rip-stop style, as it breathes better.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijinsamurai View Post
    Okay....yeah, those don't look like they'd be very good when it's hot. In the Middle East or SE Asia. I suppose that's why the US Military went to the looser fitting rip-stop style, as it breathes better.
    I'm not sure what kinda fatigues Kaplanr and GB had during their service, but comparing to the IDF fatigues we had, the IDF ones were much thinner and softer with ventilation holes at the armpits. The American ones at 40+ C was not the most comfortable thing.

I've got a set of the current (I think) IDF fatigues, and they seem like they would be okay. Of course, they're too small for my fat ass/beer gut, so i've never tried them out for myself.

I like my Vietnam-era jacket. Very comfortable.

Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

The Vietnam era coats/jackets were the most sought-after piece of kit during my service (they were legal alternative to the standard IDF "dubon", which was only good to sleep in).

Eating eggs & hash browns. Nahal %^&*@strong 111.

We had the standard IDF green, with the armpit cutouts. Lighter than the American stuff, but because they were usually a tighter fit they were uncomfortable. The times I had Amerikieot I didn't notice them being any hotter, even though they were a little heavier. I loved my Dubon, except it was tough to get an ephod around - thank God for the Hermoniot. Get on the bus, zip up the coat - hrop (sleep of the dead.)

I'm not sure what kinda fatigues Kaplanr and GB had during their service, but comparing to the IDF fatigues we had, the IDF ones were much thinner and softer with ventilation holes at the armpits. The American ones at 40+ C was not the most comfortable thing.

The Vietnam era coats/jackets were the most sought-after piece of kit during my service (they were legal alternative to the standard IDF "dubon", which was only good to sleep in).
    Yes; at my time too. So like any typical American kid in the IDF, what did I do to solve the problem ... call mom and dad and ask them to make a stop at the local US Army Surplus store ...

We had the standard IDF green, with the armpit cutouts. Lighter than the American stuff, but because they were usually a tighter fit they were uncomfortable. The times I had Amerikieot I didn't notice them being any hotter, even though they were a little heavier. I loved my Dubon, except it was tough to get an ephod around - thank God for the Hermoniot. Get on the bus, zip up the coat - hrop (sleep of the dead.)
    My experience too.

Buenos Aires in body, the beautiful and green Sharon in my heart

Hermoniot were cool

Shalom to all!

My kit in the currently:
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

IAS Expo (Indonesian Airsoft Show ) in Brigif 17 (17th Airborne brigade, strategic & reserve )
    soldier next to me is TNI (Indonesian Army) few of TNI in the event took part in peace keeping in Lebanon, contingent of Indobatt UNIFIL
    Last edited by Gex 7; 05-19-2012 at 10:31 AM.

Looking good, though you a bit overdone it using this three point (?) rifle belt - never seen anyone in IDF or police using them.

thanks, more pic coming up.

The UN APC is Indonesian APC made by Pindad (army industries) and still used in Lebanon

my gears for the event

another pitcure from IAS ( Indonesia Airsoft Show )

with real personel of 17th airborne strategic & reserve command
    this event was supported by 17th airborne and was located in their base

inside the UN APC, in this event they were lots of former indobatt UNIFIL continget, they had just back recently from Lebanon border with Israel

i also join the gear contest in the event and achieved 3rd winner, so i told jury from journalist, military officier, and former security contractors, the gear i wore from headgear until boots
    even my gear is not completly original he was impressed and interested with the mitznefet. the military officer jury he was a part of indobatt contingent in UNIFIL. He was face to face with IDF in the border with Lebanon and also when Lebanese army clash with the IDF, he had no idea if there is indonesian who reenact IDF

the journalist jury asked me to wear mitznefet and explain what's mitznefet function

we only the few of indonesian who have idf gears some of them original and some of them replica we still working on it to get the original item
    me in the left with the orlite replica and NVG mount. i wore the IDF vest marom dolphin tv7711, and next to me they were wearing IDF Vest replica ( i made the replica based with my marom dolphin)

adhit with Major Agus Yudhoyono who had recently back from peace keeping mission in Lebanon