Page 18 of 75 FirstFirst ... 810111213141516171819202122232425262868 ... LastLast

Thread: Romanian Armed Forces Photos

which off-road vechicle is this ? it is not a hummer, and also not an iveco LMV. thx

^^ Spanish URO VAMTAC

A very awesome show, "The World's Toughest Driving Tests" where a bunch of BBC presenters take on the TR85-M1 of the Romanian Army.

Watch here:

http://www.peteava.ro/id-488713

You can download the show itself from here:

http://www.downarchive.com/movies/do...1e01-2010.html

^^^ I just watched it earlier ,really great show

Yea, it was pretty awesome to see the day-in-day-out living of soldiers, and I have to say that it doesn't look that bad, in fact it looks pretty sweet. Those living conditions definitely looked pretty comfortable, and the food looked delicious as well! My dad was a tanker in the Romanian army back in the late 60's, and he thoroughly enjoyed the show, as it brought back a lot of memories for him.

God-only knows what's going on there. The Gov't is not only inept but also carries on the proud tradition of utter secrecy regarding...well everything. And right now the country has bigger worries both economically and militarily (we kinda need new fighter jets, fast, and the rumor mill has it we'll be forced to buy F16s because of the BMD agreement that was just signed ). I found this on a Romanian board about the TR-85 so perhaps you'll find some more detail there as well as an article in Romanian on the same topic.

Quote Originally Posted by sf.constantin View Post
    Pics with frigate F221 King Ferdinad ->(Regele Ferdinand) and F222 Queen Maria -> (Regina Maria)
    Any plans to upgrade or equip these frigates with missiles ? Their armament is only a 76 mm gun..

Romanian MIG-21MF Lancer A from my camera (Archangelos 2005, Tanagra Air Base, Greece)

Quote Originally Posted by D-Mitch View Post
    Any plans to upgrade or equip these frigates with missiles ? Their armament is only a 76 mm gun..
    Why such a huge ship if you only carry a 76mm gun and a helicopter?!? Don't they have hidden missiles and torpedoes in the big body over deck?

I found this..

The scandal about Romanian Type 22 frigates

http://www.defencetalk.com/forums/ar...hp/t-4962.html

Quote Originally Posted by Deus257 View Post
    This video reminds me, what is the status of the TR-85M2. Is it still in the tesing stage and what upgrades do you think will be made. Another thing, the TR-85 has a turret bustle and it is known that T-55 tanks were not necessarily crew friendly when it came to comfort does it alleviate the problem somewhat or is it still a little cramped inside?
    In connection with tank TR 2000 ,project dates from 1996, and has been amended 5 times. This project is on long terme.in 2006 additional funds was deposed for this project.
    and the surprise 2010 year should be presented. but it seems that will delay 1 year or 2.
    2010 was the time limt to the program TR 2000 or TR B 2.3 or TR 85 M2 known in many ways.
    I have some pictures of this tank from 1997 and some documents of modernization.
    Who wants to see PM.

Quote Originally Posted by v-twin View Post
    need new fighter jets, fast, and the rumor mill has it we'll be forced to buy F16s because of the BMD agreement that was just signed ). I found this on a Romanian board about the TR-85 so perhaps you'll find some more detail there as well as an article in Romanian on the same topic.
    rumors are correct,but information is very bad,Romania will recive 24 F16 multirole aircraft second hand but they will be donated to the Air Force.They will have license to fly only 3-4 years .After that will be upgraded to 10 years fly but with our money, 2 million for each plane including training of Romanian pilots .the others 24 F 16 aircraft will be purchased brand new with a license to fly 15-20 years, with upgrades to 10 years.buying these aircraft,Romania will enter in program to purchase F35 in 2025 and maibe F 18 in 2020 .but the interests are to buy F35.
    in connection with TR 85.it was in the modernization plan in TR85M1 (1995-2000 medium term) TR 85 M1 will enter again in the process of modernization with a new engine @ 1100 -1200 Hp and change in 110 or 120 mm cannon.

Buying F16s and then F35s is the biggest goddamn mistake this country will make. And all because the nutjob in Presidency has a ****** for America.

i am not a fan of F 16 or Gripen .
    The F 16 is a plane who participated in many wars,the qualities of the aircraft operate by the NATO allies is a big word and his qualities are exceptional, we can not say the same thing about Jas 39 Gripen who did not participate in a real war,nobody knows his ability in a direct confrontation.if Romania will not buy F16 will not enter in the program to buy F18 and F35 never.
    I think that is the smartest idea to purchase F35.We can not jump from Logan to Bentley without to learn to drive.
    The project to modernize 20 IAR 93 is active,following to be extended to another 20.

It's not just the plane itself, or the price. It's everything that comes with it. EADS (Eurofighter) had the best deal for us. Italy would instantly send 20 of its EFs while we would get the rest of new ones and 400% off set. Yes, they are the most expensive but the most advanced of the lot (F35 operates on a different philosophy) and there are other direct advantages. Meh, decisions taken way above our heads that have nothing to do with anything other than politics. Pity.

Greetings everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by sf.constantin View Post
    i am not a fan of F 16 or Gripen .
    The F 16 is a plane who participated in many wars,the qualities of the aircraft operate by the NATO allies is a big word and his qualities are exceptional, we can not say the same thing about Jas 39 Gripen who did not participate in a real war,nobody knows his ability in a direct confrontation.if Romania will not buy F16 will not enter in the program to buy F18 and F35 never.
    I think that is the smartest idea to purchase F35.We can not jump from Logan to Bentley without to learn to drive.
    The project to modernize 20 IAR 93 is active,following to be extended to another 20.
    IAR 93 was retired allmost 12 years ago (although the Serbs still use theyr variant, the Soko ORAO). Few can be found in nuseums or as gateguards, most of them were scrapped or wait to be scrapped. Even if the RoAF had the necesary funds for this upgrade, the number of surviving airframes is too low; not to mention the reliability problems, short range, and low paiload of the IAR 93.
    F16 and F18 were designed in the same time frame, so replacing F16 with F18 would be a bad and illogical move even for romanian government..

(and please excuse my bad english )
    Last edited by griphon; 03-04-2010 at 06:41 PM.