Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Current US Army Issued Knife

Default Current US Army Issued Knife

What model/brand does the US Army currently issue in folders, and fixed blade knives?

trying to be celibate
    Curing The Sick With My Noodley Appendage

M9 bayonet.

Quote Originally Posted by †Seraphim†
    M9 bayonet.
    What about folding knives, and you mean they use the m9 for a utility knife too?

trying to be celibate
    Curing The Sick With My Noodley Appendage

You will have to wait for a response from someone whos currently in the military. Im not sure if they are issued multi tools or not.

For the Marines out there: does the USMC still issue the KA-BAR? I see alot of Marines wearing them still, or are those just individually bought?

twice the mass of ordinary hydrogen Deuterium's Avatar

The term "issue" is a relative term. The only 100% issue knife would be the bayonet(M9) as stated earlier. Many units issue knives. There are some really great knives that have NSNs (issue number allows units to roder knives through supply chains). I have been issued a Benchmade 9100 SBT.

The Benchmade Auto Stryker 9100 SBT provides pure cutting power at the push of a button. Features the benchmade tanto blade configuration. A simple integrated safety is easily actuated to lock the blade open or closed. Movable steel carry-clip attaches on either side. Closed Length: 4.68"--Overall Length: 8.25"-----NOTICE:Federal Regulations restrict the sale of automatic knives to anyone other than active military or law-enforcement with proof of Identification.

Due to the high volume of calls and e-mails that have been received at Benchmade Knife Company from the members of our Armed Forces, we have tried to consolidate the information needed to purchase a Benchmade knife into this one area.
    For those of you currently active in the military and interested in purchasing yourself a Benchmade knife, here are several options available to you.

1. If you are still currently state side and wish to purchase a knife locally, please go to our dealer locator and enter your zip code. You should get a number of authorized Benchmade dealers listed near you.

2. Regardless if you are still state side or not, you can purchase certain Benchmade knives through the National Stocking System.
    The following knives have National Stock Numbers:
    Model 9100SBT- NSN 1095-01-456-4457, NOW NAME: Knife,Combat, (Automatic).
    Model 9053SBT ( Or Model 9050SBT , Civilian issue) - NSN 1095-01-446-4348, NOW NAME: Knife,Combat, (Automatic).
    Model 140SBT- NSN 1095-01-466-8569, NOW NAME: Knife,Combat, (Fixed).

3. For a list of Benchmade Knives offered by the General Services Administration Federal Supply Service, please use GSA GS-07F-0311J.

4. If the above options are not workable for whatever reason, CLICK HERE, and it will put you in contact with Benchmade directly via e-mail. You can then purchase directly from the Benchmade factory. Please be ready to e-mail or fax your ID to Benchmade and we will do our best to provide you with the tools you need.
    Other great knives like leathermans and Gerbers are also availible in the suply system.[/quote]

Uhhhhh, don't you know sir (looks around nervously)

I knew a lot of guys that used heir clothing allowance to get knives. I know a cop who uses his every year to get another knife from the catalog!

It gets even more exotic than Benchmade knives.

http://www.soc.mil/swcs/museum/yarborough_knife.htm

Army Special Forces knife. The Yarborough

There's a "civilian" version, that's just blank. It's the Green Beret knife by Chris Reeve Knives.

This is what they issued my dad and his guys in the AF over in Kuwait.

alot of guys in australia use the SOG Desert Dagger
    well its one fo the more poplar seeling knives, but its fixed blade not collapsable

We got issued the Benchmade AutoStryker and the Emerson SOFCK. Both are folders. I like the Emerson a LOT more than the Benchmade just because it's smaller and much lighter. It holds an edge better as well. In our vests, we get Gerber multi-pliers and the standard survival knife which is being replace by the ASEK this summer.

do you rekon soldiers should carry
    folding knife
    fixed blade
    multi-tool
    survival knife

or is all that overkill?

Quote Originally Posted by kommando
    do you rekon soldiers should carry
    folding knife
    fixed blade
    multi-tool
    survival knife

or is all that overkill?
    Overkill.

yeah
    well what about fixed blade
    multi-tool
    (fixed on webbing and multitool on belt)
    and folding knife on your person
    ??

or is that overkil
    haha

"Wise and Grumpy" Ban Stick Wielder of Death digrar's Avatar
    "I'll tell you what pressure is. Pressure is a Messerschmitt up your @r5e. Playing cricket is not"

It's rare to see a Australian Infantryman with more than a Leatherman or Gerber multi tool.
    I had a little serated edge folding knife that hung off my ID tags, had a 1 inch blade that was great for opening ration packs, cutting hootchie cord, black tape, cam nets, hessian, zip ties, ect.