Page 13 of 307 FirstFirst ... 3567891011121314151617181920212363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgian Army, Navy and Air Force

Banned user
    Hot´kovo, Sergievo-Posadskyy district, Moscow region, Russia

Could anyone explain me what does it mean KUD and SOD special units? Do exist any info about this units?

Quote Originally Posted by Serj View Post
    Could anyone explain me what does it mean KUD and SOD special units? Do exist any info about this units?
    KUD is - Constitutional security(safety) department
    And
    SOD - Special Operative Department
    Both of them is controlled by minister of interior.
    SOD is mor likke american FBI and KUD is more like soviet KGB

Banned user
    Hot´kovo, Sergievo-Posadskyy district, Moscow region, Russia

Quote Originally Posted by IUnker View Post
    KUD is - Constitutional security(safety) department
    And
    SOD - Special Operative Department
    Both of them is controlled by minister of interior.
    SOD is mor likke american FBI and KUD is more like soviet KGB
    Have you got any photos of this units?? There are no photos in internet and it is quite difficult to find some. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Serj View Post
    Have you got any photos of this units?? There are no photos in internet and it is quite difficult to find some. Thanks
    I couldn't finde any photos about but
    There are some videos about KUD Special forses.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=jgbg4DHeWW8
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=AUNjf7kvKqQ

Banned user

A real force with 37.000.000$ ???????????????

Quote Originally Posted by mic of orion View Post
    Where do you guys get all that money from, in past 4-5 years Georgian army transformed from a rag tag mickey mouse army in to real force that can stay shoulder to shoulder with many European NATO countries.

I mean what's there to stop them taking Abkhazia and South Osetia.
    The money comes from US

There are the Russian peacekeepers who will definitely not let the conflict to resume, unless something changes politically (and I mean a dramatic change)

Besides Abkhazia and S.Osetia are pretty well trained and armed (given the situation they are in, i.e. small, non recognized and poor)

Quote Originally Posted by AKS View Post
    The money comes from US

There are the Russian peacekeepers who will definitely not let the conflict to resume, unless something changes politically (and I mean a dramatic change)

Besides Abkhazia and S.Osetia are pretty well trained and armed (given the situation they are in, i.e. small, non recognized and poor)
    I don’t know where you get this information but in fact its nonsense! In fact America was spending more money for military development of Georgia in time of Shevardzandze. Personally Americans have trained one brigade, they bought all equipment for them … at all they spend 64 mil. On it when tha whole budget of Georgian army was 32 milliom $. And the whole budget of country was for about 350 mil $. When Armenia’s MOD budget at this time was for about 200 mil $ (and Armenia is smaller than Georgia)
    So after rose revolution, Saakashvili has immediately began building Georgian Army. And at this days in 2007 the budget of Georgia was for about 3.4 Bill $ an from this money more than 20% - 800 mil $ was given to MOD.

Banned user

Where do you guys get all that money from, in past 4-5 years Georgian army transformed from a rag tag mickey mouse army in to real force that can stay shoulder to shoulder with many European NATO countries.

I mean what's there to stop them taking Abkhazia and South Osetia.
    You everestimate the "transformation". Regarding Abkjazia and Ossetia, they tried once, failed, and if they try again, they would fail just as miserably. Russia would not sit idly nearby.

Banned user

Aha 3,4Bill
    Can you post a source where that is standing pls.

Quote Originally Posted by Ak107 View Post
    Aha 3,4Bill
    Can you post a source where that is standing pls.
    http://www.unomig.org/media/headline...2007&m=12&d=31

1 USD = 1.6 GEL

[quote=IUnker;2996670]
    Quote Originally Posted by Luno View Post
    nice pictures ,
    Isn’t that the Dioskuria formerly the PG Ipoploiarchos Batsis (Greece navy)?

No, I don't know Greece, I even didn’t knew that Dioskuria means something in Greece, In fact this ship was given to Georgia by Greeks and we called it so “Dioskuria.” So was called Sokhumi (its city In Western Georgia near the black sea, today this city is controlling by Abkhazian separatists and Russian soldiers) But this name to this city in antic period was given by Greeks. and what does it mean in Greece?
    [FONT=Verdana]Gomordjoba,[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Sokhum(i) is the capital of Abkhazia and Abkhazia not located in Georgia. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Balancing your one sided view. [/FONT]

[QUOTE=CHERK;3020597]
    Quote Originally Posted by IUnker View Post

[FONT=Verdana]Gomordjoba,[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Sokhum(i) is the capital of Abkhazia and Abkhazia not located in Georgia. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Balancing your one sided view. [/FONT]
    Gagimarjos!

Oh really?! What a surprise!
    But I think you’d better release your teacher of Political geography.
    Last edited by IUnker; 02-01-2008 at 04:11 PM.

Banned user

Well you can't do anything, all Russia can do is watch, nothing else, they can impose sanctions on Georgia and arm Abkhaz (not sure how you spell it) but this would prompt west to react, help Georgia and this might ultimately led to US base in Georgia and in that case, we get new set of problems.
    Ummm, no, Russia can do far more than just "watch". and no, west would not come to Georgia's help if it stirred up **** in Abkhazia or Ossetia. Destroying all relations with Russia would not be a good trade for propping up Georgia.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRussian1 View Post
    Ummm, no, Russia can do far more than just "watch". and no, west would not come to Georgia's help if it stirred up **** in Abkhazia or Ossetia. Destroying all relations with Russia would not be a good trade for propping up Georgia.
    Unfortunately I also have to agree with you! Russia would never just watch what’s going in Georgia. And west will never spoil relations with Russia just for Georgia. But also Russia won’t be a shown as a member of this conflict, just like in 1991-93, they’ll probably prefer to prove that all conflict is just between Abkhazians and Georgians and Russia just cares about piece in this region.

[quote=IUnker;3020616]
    Quote Originally Posted by CHERK View Post

Gagimarjos!

Oh really?! What a surprise!
    But I think you’d better release your Political geographic teacher.
    [FONT=Verdana]Actually my “political geography” teacher taught me that Abkhazia was part of Georgia but that was “...back in USSR…”. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]A toast for Independence, you don’t mind independence do you? [/FONT]