Page 13 of 307 FirstFirst ... 3567891011121314151617181920212363113 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 4605

Thread: Georgian Army, Navy and Air Force

  1. #181
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hot´kovo, Sergievo-Posadskyy district, Moscow region, Russia
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Could anyone explain me what does it mean KUD and SOD special units? Do exist any info about this units?

  2. #182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serj View Post
    Could anyone explain me what does it mean KUD and SOD special units? Do exist any info about this units?
    KUD is - Constitutional security(safety) department
    And
    SOD - Special Operative Department
    Both of them is controlled by minister of interior.
    SOD is mor likke american FBI and KUD is more like soviet KGB

  3. #183
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hot´kovo, Sergievo-Posadskyy district, Moscow region, Russia
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IUnker View Post
    KUD is - Constitutional security(safety) department
    And
    SOD - Special Operative Department
    Both of them is controlled by minister of interior.
    SOD is mor likke american FBI and KUD is more like soviet KGB
    Have you got any photos of this units?? There are no photos in internet and it is quite difficult to find some. Thanks

  4. #184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serj View Post
    Have you got any photos of this units?? There are no photos in internet and it is quite difficult to find some. Thanks
    I couldn't finde any photos about but
    There are some videos about KUD Special forses.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=jgbg4DHeWW8
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=AUNjf7kvKqQ

  5. #185
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    25

    Default

    A real force with 37.000.000$ ???????????????

  6. #186
    Member AKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mic of orion View Post
    Where do you guys get all that money from, in past 4-5 years Georgian army transformed from a rag tag mickey mouse army in to real force that can stay shoulder to shoulder with many European NATO countries.

    I mean what's there to stop them taking Abkhazia and South Osetia.
    The money comes from US

    There are the Russian peacekeepers who will definitely not let the conflict to resume, unless something changes politically (and I mean a dramatic change)

    Besides Abkhazia and S.Osetia are pretty well trained and armed (given the situation they are in, i.e. small, non recognized and poor)

  7. #187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AKS View Post
    The money comes from US

    There are the Russian peacekeepers who will definitely not let the conflict to resume, unless something changes politically (and I mean a dramatic change)

    Besides Abkhazia and S.Osetia are pretty well trained and armed (given the situation they are in, i.e. small, non recognized and poor)
    I don’t know where you get this information but in fact its nonsense! In fact America was spending more money for military development of Georgia in time of Shevardzandze. Personally Americans have trained one brigade, they bought all equipment for them … at all they spend 64 mil. On it when tha whole budget of Georgian army was 32 milliom $. And the whole budget of country was for about 350 mil $. When Armenia’s MOD budget at this time was for about 200 mil $ (and Armenia is smaller than Georgia)
    So after rose revolution, Saakashvili has immediately began building Georgian Army. And at this days in 2007 the budget of Georgia was for about 3.4 Bill $ an from this money more than 20% - 800 mil $ was given to MOD.

  8. #188
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Serious TR1 is serious.
    Posts
    9,875

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mic of orion View Post
    Where do you guys get all that money from, in past 4-5 years Georgian army transformed from a rag tag mickey mouse army in to real force that can stay shoulder to shoulder with many European NATO countries.

    I mean what's there to stop them taking Abkhazia and South Osetia.
    You everestimate the "transformation". Regarding Abkjazia and Ossetia, they tried once, failed, and if they try again, they would fail just as miserably. Russia would not sit idly nearby.

  9. #189
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Aha 3,4Bill
    Can you post a source where that is standing pls.

  10. #190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ak107 View Post
    Aha 3,4Bill
    Can you post a source where that is standing pls.
    http://www.unomig.org/media/headline...2007&m=12&d=31

    1 USD = 1.6 GEL

  11. #191

    Default

    [quote=IUnker;2996670]
    Quote Originally Posted by Luno View Post
    nice pictures ,
    Isn’t that the Dioskuria formerly the PG Ipoploiarchos Batsis (Greece navy)?

    No, I don't know Greece, I even didn’t knew that Dioskuria means something in Greece, In fact this ship was given to Georgia by Greeks and we called it so “Dioskuria.” So was called Sokhumi (its city In Western Georgia near the black sea, today this city is controlling by Abkhazian separatists and Russian soldiers) But this name to this city in antic period was given by Greeks. and what does it mean in Greece?
    [FONT=Verdana]Gomordjoba,[/FONT]

    [FONT=Verdana]Sokhum(i) is the capital of Abkhazia and Abkhazia not located in Georgia. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Balancing your one sided view. [/FONT]

  12. #192

    Default

    [QUOTE=CHERK;3020597]
    Quote Originally Posted by IUnker View Post

    [FONT=Verdana]Gomordjoba,[/FONT]

    [FONT=Verdana]Sokhum(i) is the capital of Abkhazia and Abkhazia not located in Georgia. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Balancing your one sided view. [/FONT]
    Gagimarjos!

    Oh really?! What a surprise!
    But I think you’d better release your teacher of Political geography.
    Last edited by IUnker; 02-01-2008 at 04:11 PM.

  13. #193
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Serious TR1 is serious.
    Posts
    9,875

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mic of orion View Post
    Well you can't do anything, all Russia can do is watch, nothing else, they can impose sanctions on Georgia and arm Abkhaz (not sure how you spell it) but this would prompt west to react, help Georgia and this might ultimately led to US base in Georgia and in that case, we get new set of problems.
    Ummm, no, Russia can do far more than just "watch". and no, west would not come to Georgia's help if it stirred up **** in Abkhazia or Ossetia. Destroying all relations with Russia would not be a good trade for propping up Georgia.

  14. #194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRussian1 View Post
    Ummm, no, Russia can do far more than just "watch". and no, west would not come to Georgia's help if it stirred up **** in Abkhazia or Ossetia. Destroying all relations with Russia would not be a good trade for propping up Georgia.
    Unfortunately I also have to agree with you! Russia would never just watch what’s going in Georgia. And west will never spoil relations with Russia just for Georgia. But also Russia won’t be a shown as a member of this conflict, just like in 1991-93, they’ll probably prefer to prove that all conflict is just between Abkhazians and Georgians and Russia just cares about piece in this region.

  15. #195

    Default

    [quote=IUnker;3020616]
    Quote Originally Posted by CHERK View Post

    Gagimarjos!

    Oh really?! What a surprise!
    But I think you’d better release your Political geographic teacher.
    [FONT=Verdana]Actually my “political geography” teacher taught me that Abkhazia was part of Georgia but that was “...back in USSR…”. [/FONT]

    [FONT=Verdana]A toast for Independence, you don’t mind independence do you? [/FONT]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •