Page 13 of 313 FirstFirst ... 3567891011121314151617181920212363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgian Army, Navy and Air Force

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by wolfrider
    Too many people confusing it with US state, but yes you are right
    If you folks aim for name authenticity, then it's Sakartvello.

And Ossetia would either be Alania or Yriston.

Alania is understood - good football club

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]When you said that the actions of the NATO are presumed to be right, you got your finger on it. I am saying precisely that. I am not justifying it, I am simply pointing out that it is a game of a sort: there is a certain naiveté within the core of the NATO countries that paints the whole world in black and white, and they are never in the black by definition. This conviction is simply a fact, that perhaps could be eroded over time, but, at this time a fact nevertheless. You recognise this fact, and now all that remains is to recognise that as far as international politics are concerned it is one of the most important ones.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]When I speak of legitimacy that NATO membership extends, I do not mean legitimacy as some abstract property reflected in the eyes of God, rather, I mean the principle: “he is my buddy, he can do no wrong”. It is a bit more complex than that, but in the final analysis The Great Game of international politics is about getting the critical mass on your side, and the truth does not stand for much... [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Hence, NATO in the south Caucasus is a serious problem. [/SIZE][/FONT]
    Last edited by Digimon; 07-01-2006 at 05:35 PM.

US Agency for Reality Interpretation. No! Thats not a white elephant you see, move along!

Default Import

Yes, the Republic of Georgia has imported Romanian Model-1963 (AKM) rifles and PSL sniper rifles. (though I have only seen these in use during training.)
    As shown, Hungarian AMD-65 (AKMS) and Bulgarian LMG (RPK) have also been placed into serivce with the Georgian Army. No, I have not seen any AKM-63's exported from Hungary in use. Other than in Somalia.

Banned user

In Iraq.

Banned user

Hueys donated by Turkey

Impressive pics I can see the Georgian army has made many reforms despite the financial situation.

Also for the sake of Orthodoxy, Russians and Georgians stop arguing and sit down and talk about all the issues between you two, you have a lot in common. No there should be no war between the two countries and for the love of god NATO won't provide anything constructive to the situation...

Default Some photos of Georgian army

There are some photos made in Tbilisi and Batumi on Independence Day of Georgia
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

Default Trainings of Georgian troops

SOme other photos...

nice pictures ,
    Isn’t that the Dioskuria formerly the PG Ipoploiarchos Batsis (Greece navy)?

[QUOTE=Luno;2996634]nice pictures ,
    Isn’t that the Dioskuria formerly the PG Ipoploiarchos Batsis (Greece navy)?

No, I don't know Greece, I even didn’t knew that Dioskuria means something in Greece, In fact this ship was given to Georgia by Greeks and we called it so “Dioskuria.” So was called Sokhumi (its city In Western Georgia near the black sea, today this city is controlling by Abkhazian separatists and Russian soldiers) But this name to this city in antic period was given by Greeks. and what does it mean in Greece?

Default Orfolo poligon in 2006

One more photo

Interesting, what are these SPArty's?

Saw them in Today's Pix:

Quote Originally Posted by He219 View Post
    Interesting, what are these SPArty's?

I think it's 152mm ShKH Dana

It’s Czech artillery called “Dana” quiet good thing as I know, It can make 5 shots in minute and after change position.