Thread: Georgian Army, Navy and Air Force

Sorry messed up a message, discard it

Quote Originally Posted by subzer0 View Post
    History is history lol trust me Turks have no bad feeling towards Georgians hell you might be the only neigbour that we don't have any issues with maybe thats why people act more warmly toward you. The Armenian and the Greek issue on the other hand is more fresh and not settled thats why the relations are bad with them. But the thing is why do some Georgians feel uncomfortable with good relations? Whats the general feeling Georgians have toward Turk?

BTW memoli's cheesy support comment is so unnecessary
    History is never just History as long as the historical memory is alive in the living people

The general feeling of Georgians towards the Turks are not hostile, as it is with the Russians, however there is a strong feeling of mistrust, and lets just say that we do not love you that much, current Turkish aspirations, meddling and even suspected territorial claims in Adjara (Region of Georgia) is not helping the matter.

The thing is, you don't have any issues with us yet, because we are not in the position to cause you any trouble. The hostility towards Russians is the heat of the moment, Georgians have much, much more favourable attitudes towards Russians than we do towards the Turks and the current stand off with the Russians might end sooner than some might think and if the Middle East goes down the toilet, we might even remember that Turkey currently occupies 1/3 of Georgian Territory, just as it does in Greece, Armenia, Cyprus and Kurdistan.

Always Remember the famous English saying: "there are no friends or foes in relations between states, there are only coinciding or conflicting interests" and state interests change quite often as you would agree.

I went well off topic, punish me if you would like, but I had to get it out of my system
    If you try not to post, as "subser0" rightly pointed out "cheesy support comments", I would be much obliged.

BTW I really love this vehicle, wonder how it would perform in real combat

Banned user
    Better dead than red! I'm Full HD Georgian!

Multicam is made for Georgian terrain !

Quote Originally Posted by Mahoney View Post
    Multicam is made for Georgian terrain !
    Definitly my friend. The eye would not immidiatly catch a platoon just standing near such surroundings. At least not at great distance. Marpat proved to be pretty much useless on our territory as a matter of fact. You saw it during training with USMC still wearing marpat. You clearly saw the marines, while you for a second missed one or two Georgian infantrymen wearing multicam. There seem to be two variants though. Brighter and more desaturated multicam.

Banned user

Let's face it, MARPAT is not for our environment.
    I'm really glad of our MOD's choice.

Look at this pic.

compare with this one

Banned user

About UAV.
    I don't think that Targamadze competent enough, to talk about such things like manufacturing of weapon.

Default North Caucasus

Quote Originally Posted by Georgian Warrior View Post
    The general feeling of Georgians towards the Turks are not hostile, as it is with the Russians, however there is a strong feeling of mistrust, and lets just say that we do not love you that much, current Turkish aspirations, meddling and even suspected territorial claims in Adjara (Region of Georgia) is not helping the matter.
    Well if the general feeling is not hostile then thats good and you don't have to love us or anything it's not as if we are craving for your love lol its all about mutual good relations and respect. This is the first time i've heard about that "suspected territorial claims" by the way are you sure you're not just paranoid because as far as i know todays Turkey has no expansionist plans in north Caucasus hell you're not even mentioned in any kind of news yet alone ajara the so called "suspected territorial claims". The only thing Turk know about Georgia is that its situated in north east of Turkey and that a pipeline goes through it. Other than that Turks in mp.net feel interested because you bought some Turkish equipment (Cobra and Ejder).

Quote Originally Posted by Georgian Warrior View Post
    The thing is, you don't have any issues with us yet, because we are not in the position to cause you any trouble. The hostility towards Russians is the heat of the moment, Georgians have much, much more favourable attitudes towards Russians than we do towards the Turks and the current stand off with the Russians might end sooner than some might think and if the Middle East goes down the toilet, we might even remember that Turkey currently occupies 1/3 of Georgian Territory, just as it does in Greece, Armenia, Cyprus and Kurdistan.
    Just because you have more favourable attitude towards the Russians doesn't mean that you have to have ill relationship with your other neigbour. Look at us we are in Nato and yet the Russians are going to build our first nuclear power plant, you see things are not that two dimentional countries can still have good relations even though they are suppose to be enemies. As for your expansionist ideas and dreams, well go ahead bro take it.

Anyway i don't want to hijack a photo thread.
    Last edited by subzer0; 02-09-2012 at 12:52 AM.

I don't like to hijack photo thread also but Armenia is no threat to Georgia our problems can be resolved with diplomacy better than any other europan nation can, have faith .
    Secondly Turkey and Azerbaijan need Georgia than you need them , you can use and play very well in the game

Banned user

Anyway, let's continue.

Cadets

"what does this arrow do?"

Banned user

Rock'N'Roll baby....

Bye-bye...

About UAV.
    I don't think that Targamadze competent enough, to talk about such things like manufacturing of weapon.
    Lol, agree. On the other hand, it wouldn't be hard for TAM to produce UAVs, especially when aided by Ukrainians. There is such a possibility. Remember, TAM was/is originaly and aircraft manufacturing, not an APC plant ...... ;-P If it can construct light jets, it can also construct UAVs with some advisory help. It's really nothing hard when having the hardware and Georgians do allready produce own IPADs with special police software for the MIA. If Armenians and Azeris can, we should also be able to. There were only one or two countries who constructed UAVs out of scratch and the rest just adopted the technology by sharing them with the developer nations. Russians get help from Israelis, Armenians from Russians etc

Rock'N'Roll baby....

Bye-bye...

Nice to see pictures of our combat divers. There are really not many

Delete please. Double Post

Banned user

Agree. TAM engineers are able to produce UAV's.
    We need combat divers, as many as it's possible, because of Mistral and not only. As u can see, MOD works properly

Agree. TAM engineers are able to produce UAV's.
    We need combat divers, as many as it's possible, because of Mistral and not only. As u can see, MOD works properly
    As far as I know from a 2006/7 documentary, back then, it were some 150 frogmen at the beginning, from which 50 proved to be just good enough to sneak on on enemy vessels and plant magnetic mines, without beeing discovered. Today, these guys must be experts. At least I hope so. It is the same thing as with Sachkere. Only a low number of instructors were qualified enough to train our own troops. Special forces instead, had to train in foreign countries like Israel. Now, the instructors are good enough to train infantry aswell as special forces of foreign nations.

Well, doing anything against the Black Sea fleet will be quite impossible without any proper countermeasures, as are anti ship missiles, torpedos, fighter jets and missiles in general. To conduct a diving operation, the vessel must be close enough and the enemy shouldn't expect any such action. It is not as easy as it seems. The water may cover you, but there are many countermeasures against combat divers, including combat divers. The Russian frogmen have special arms to fight on distance while diving. Georgians would not be able to counter that for instance. Georgian diver groups are more of a strike and run force and they do not posess weapons the Russians have to defend themselves underwater.

You can't shoot with the M4 and have only a knife. Before you can approach the Russian with your knife, he will shoot you with his ADS or APS rifle, whatever they are called.

This is why such units train to be completly invisible and avoid any contact. They reach their target, plant the explosives and run. They reach their target, get out of water, laser mark a target for aircrafts and run. They enter enemy coasts, infiltrate something, gather intelligence and run. On land, their weapons work of course.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteGeorge View Post
    As far as I know from a 2006/7 documentary, back then, it were some 150 frogmen at the beginning, from which 50 proved to be just good enough to sneak on on enemy vessels and plant magnetic mines, without beeing discovered. Today, these guys must be experts. At least I hope so. It is the same thing as with Sachkere. Only a low number of instructors were qualified enough to train our own troops. Special forces instead, had to train in foreign countries like Israel. Now, the instructors are good enough to train infantry aswell as special forces of foreign nations.

Well, doing anything against the Black Sea fleet will be quite impossible without any proper countermeasures, as are anti ship missiles, torpedos, fighter jets and missiles in general. To conduct a diving operation, the vessel must be close enough and the enemy shouldn't expect any such action. It is not as easy as it seems. The water may cover you, but there are many countermeasures against combat divers, including combat divers. The Russian frogmen have special arms to fight on distance while diving. Georgians would not be able to counter that for instance. Georgian diver groups are more of a strike and run force and they do not posess weapons the Russians have to defend themselves underwater.
    I've seen a pic, where divers are equipped with "rebreather's". I was really surprised. I think that, MOD are better informed about enemy, and they are prepare to any surprise.