Thread: Georgian Army, Navy and Air Force

thanks for the wonderfull pictures that you've put upp recently... they look good!

Go Georgia, from a neigbour!

Quote Originally Posted by Mahoney View Post
    Old, but really interesting pics.
    The beginning of relationship between Georgia and USA, i would say, rebirth of the Georgian army.

AND LEGENDARY ...

Really great pics, historic pics.

Quote Originally Posted by memoli View Post
    thanks for the wonderfull pictures that you've put upp recently... they look good!

Go Georgia, from a neigbour!
    Look man, I appreciate your support, and don't get me wrong, but could you please tell me why are you happy for us? tell me in PM, I am honestly curious, you have other neighbours too, and you don't usually write letters of support to Greece or Armenia.

Quote Originally Posted by Georgian Warrior View Post
    Look man, I appreciate your support, and don't get me wrong, but could you please tell me why are you happy for us? tell me in PM, I am honestly curious, you have other neighbours too, and you don't usually write letters of support to Greece or Armenia.
    Might be because of some certain reasons, no?

Quote Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
    Might be because of some certain reasons, no?
    yeah .... riiight, as if we would not have most reasons actually ....... . I mean, we were only on the edge of exterminatus as much as you can physically get and that a couple of times ..... because of muslims. No offence or trolling at this point. It's just how it is.

Banned user
    Better dead than red! I'm Full HD Georgian!

I guess, the reason is in the strategic partnership Turkey need in Azeri oil, the only way to get this oil is - Georgia. Turkey is a member of NATO, and we(Georgia) need good relations with this member, besides, we need Azeris becouse of Armenia, Armenia is our(and not only) threat.

P.S. sorry for off-topic

Snipers

This one is strange (camo)

History is history lol trust me Turks have no bad feeling towards Georgians hell you might be the only neigbour that we don't have any issues with maybe thats why people act more warmly toward you. The Armenian and the Greek issue on the other hand is more fresh and not settled thats why the relations are bad with them. But the thing is why do some Georgians feel uncomfortable with good relations? Whats the general feeling Georgians have toward Turk?

BTW memoli's cheesy support comment is so unnecessary

Anyone who is willing to say "the past is the past" could have a sit down and possibly even a great talk with Turks. Think this goes for any neighbor of ours. Anyway back to pictures please

Banned user

Spider-Soldier

Banned user

Banzaiiii....

I guess, the reason is in the strategic partnership Turkey need in Azeri oil, the only way to get this oil is - Georgia. Turkey is a member of NATO, and we(Georgia) need good relations with this member, besides, we need Azeris becouse of Armenia, Armenia is our(and not only) threat.

P.S. sorry for off-topic
    We do not need Azeris because of Armenia. What's the point of that statement anyway ? Do you think Azeris are any better from Georgian military strategic point of view ? They do present as much a threat as Armenians does.
    Armenia is not an enemy of Georgia, just by hosting forces of the Russian Federation. People, be a bit serious. At the moment there are miliatry agreements between our two nations ongoing without any inteference from Russian side whatsoever. We should not harm such a limited relationship in any way. I am not too friendly mooded to them also, for that there are just too many differences and some clown like actions, yes I have to say that, because some of those Armenian fanatical groups just piss me off. But that wont develope some sort of military escalation. That is absolutly disilusional. The Armenians try avoiding any such confrontation with Georgia and vice versa, at least I hope our government is trying. People wake up. You make conflicts out of silence, that's where our problem lies. At the moment we have a REAL threat just above us and it's the only threat.

Ah, the pride of the Infantry, 4th Brigade.

Excellent sniper/snow pictures !

The sniper camo is a good one, it just does not fit to the surrounding like in the other pics. Guy probably forgot that the camo does not change colors ( chameleon effect ) when changing terrain ........

BTW, anyone having information about the UAV Georgia developed ? I guess Israelis were not the once who helped us after the cntroversal UAV deal.

The new unmanned areal vehicle could be presented probably during parade on May. 26
    Last edited by WhiteGeorge; 02-07-2012 at 10:07 AM.

Sorry messed up a message, discard it

Quote Originally Posted by subzer0 View Post
    History is history lol trust me Turks have no bad feeling towards Georgians hell you might be the only neigbour that we don't have any issues with maybe thats why people act more warmly toward you. The Armenian and the Greek issue on the other hand is more fresh and not settled thats why the relations are bad with them. But the thing is why do some Georgians feel uncomfortable with good relations? Whats the general feeling Georgians have toward Turk?

BTW memoli's cheesy support comment is so unnecessary
    History is never just History as long as the historical memory is alive in the living people

The general feeling of Georgians towards the Turks are not hostile, as it is with the Russians, however there is a strong feeling of mistrust, and lets just say that we do not love you that much, current Turkish aspirations, meddling and even suspected territorial claims in Adjara (Region of Georgia) is not helping the matter.

The thing is, you don't have any issues with us yet, because we are not in the position to cause you any trouble. The hostility towards Russians is the heat of the moment, Georgians have much, much more favourable attitudes towards Russians than we do towards the Turks and the current stand off with the Russians might end sooner than some might think and if the Middle East goes down the toilet, we might even remember that Turkey currently occupies 1/3 of Georgian Territory, just as it does in Greece, Armenia, Cyprus and Kurdistan.

Always Remember the famous English saying: "there are no friends or foes in relations between states, there are only coinciding or conflicting interests" and state interests change quite often as you would agree.

I went well off topic, punish me if you would like, but I had to get it out of my system
    If you try not to post, as "subser0" rightly pointed out "cheesy support comments", I would be much obliged.

BTW I really love this vehicle, wonder how it would perform in real combat

Banned user

Multicam is made for Georgian terrain !

Multicam is made for Georgian terrain !
    Definitly my friend. The eye would not immidiatly catch a platoon just standing near such surroundings. At least not at great distance. Marpat proved to be pretty much useless on our territory as a matter of fact. You saw it during training with USMC still wearing marpat. You clearly saw the marines, while you for a second missed one or two Georgian infantrymen wearing multicam. There seem to be two variants though. Brighter and more desaturated multicam.