Thread: Georgian Army, Navy and Air Force

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralL View Post
    You are right, though I was still searching for more current stuff, like 2010-11

BTW, in these pictures you have extraordinary good view on how MARPAT completly fails to implement the meaning of camouflage in open field environment against the Georgian multicam. I don`t know about the US variant, but the brighter Georgian one is allmost a perfect allround version. I say allmost because in darker woodland areas, it should be a little disadvantige.
    To be honest, our multicam is perfect for Eastern Georgia, however beyond the Likhi range Marpat would probably work better.
    Last edited by Georgian Warrior; 07-25-2011 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Georgian Warrior View Post
    To be honest, our multicam is perfect for Eastern Georgia, however beyond the Likhi range Marpat would probably work better.
    I just think that multicam can fit on a wide range of areas in general, like desert, woodland, city etc, while marpat may be good in some aspects, but fails to reach the same level of camouflage.

new army commercial

new army commercial

I though they were removing contract based system altogether, or at least partially, as there are not enough volunteers for contracts.

Suspended for infractions

Are there any pictures of Georgian combat engineers available? I am wondering what was their role during 080808 conflict? Any information about Georgian countermobility operations?

I though they were removing contract based system altogether, or at least partially, as there are not enough volunteers for contracts.
    Why should they remove and enough volunteers ? I wouldn't say so, plus they do not take everyone who wants.

a small video of the Didgori designer:

Last edited by GeneralL; 07-27-2011 at 11:39 AM.

I must say, our cadets are beeing trained well and their spirit to serve is unmatched so far in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by BERU View Post
    Good Video, but there is one thing I do not get, they march with M-4s, but train on AK-74s? whats the deal with that? Does it mean that in case of another war, we would still go with AKs instead of M-4s? I am not saying its a bad thing, but its just confusing...

Good Video, but there is one thing I do not get, they march with M-4s, but train on AK-74s? whats the deal with that? Does it mean that in case of another war, we would still go with AKs instead of M-4s? I am not saying its a bad thing, but its just confusing...
    The AK-74M is beeing implemented as main service rifle alongside the M4a1.

So of course, the AK-74 will be used mainly, it is ranged. You have a nice mix of defencive and strike force. In other words, you are able to fend off and hold ground efficiently with a reliable weapon, the AK-74 and swiftly strike hard to win ground with another reliable weapon for direct action and CQB, the M4/M16 ( carbine ) family.

The AK-74M is beeing implemented as main service rifle alongside the M4a1.

So of course, the AK-74 will be used mainly, it is ranged. You have a nice mix of defencive and strike force. In other words, you are able to fend off and hold ground efficiently with a reliable weapon, the AK-74 and swiftly strike hard to win ground with another reliable weapon for direct action and CQB, the M4/M16 ( carbine ) family.
    I am not sure what people in MoD are thinking (I heard one of the high ranking official, a woman of course, found it hard to remember calibers, so she used to round them up, so like 7.62 to 8, 5.45 to 5 and so on).
    And although I understand your reasoning, I still think it is completely unnecessary to have two different standard assault rifles, too many different calibers. We have to make a choice, either AK-74 or M-4, that would be my humble opinion.

I am not sure what people in MoD are thinking (I heard one of the high ranking official, a woman of course, found it hard to remember calibers, so she used to round them up, so like 7.62 to 8, 5.45 to 5 and so on).
    And although I understand your reasoning, I still think it is completely unnecessary to have two different standard assault rifles, too many different calibers. We have to make a choice, either AK-74 or M-4, that would be my humble opinion.
    .... on what I cannot agree and if you want to kill me. The M4a1 as good as it may seem for QCB, it was not invented for ranged engagements what is normal today, but for direct close quarter assault and special operations or covert operations plus there are many advanced variants of the XM-15 and M16 short barreled rifles and carbines which are way much better than the M4a1 and have greater firing rate, but we do not have them and we do not get them. We only have this one version and I don't have to remind you what great fans our soldiers are of this weapon ....

I don't get you people. What is wrong with the AK-74M ? the only rifle I would chose instead, is the AK-107 and AK-200.

Anyhow, what choice do we have ? Equipping the entire army with the M4, is an epic FAIL and again proves the retardness of our "supreme commander". People who did really build up the Georgian Armed Forces ( yeees, it was not Saakasvhili ) had some fantastic visions and ideas to implement, which were just delayed or cancelled due to "need of asslick american senators in order to "aquire" some of their american fancy rifles" but in no significant number, like the illegal arms trade between Georgian "state reprentantive" "businessmen" with US senators and weapon plant directors, which' activity cover was blown in 2009, discovering that Georgia practically "took" some high tech gimmiks from the US without any Pentagon permission.
    Last edited by GeneralL; 07-29-2011 at 01:40 PM.

.... on what I cannot agree and if you want to kill me. The M4a1 as good as it may seem for QCB, it was not invented for ranged engagements what is normal today, but for direct close quarter assault and special operations or covert operations plus there are many advanced variants of the XM-15 and M16 short barreled rifles and carbines which are way much better than the M4a1 and have greater firing rate, but we do not have them and we do not get them. We only have this one version and I don't have to remind you what great fans our soldiers are of this weapon ....

I don't get you people. What is wrong with the AK-74M ? the only rifle I would chose instead, is the AK-107 and AK-200.

Anyhow, what choice do we have ? Equipping the entire army with the M4, is an epic FAIL and again proves the retardness of our "supreme commander". People who did really build up the Georgian Armed Forces ( yeees, it was not Saakasvhili ) had some fantastic visions and ideas to implement, which were just delayed or cancelled due to "need of asslick american senators in order to "aquire" some of their american fancy rifles" but in no significant number, like the illegal arms trade between Georgian "state reprentantive" "businessmen" with US senators and weapon plant directors, which' activity cover was blown in 2009, discovering that Georgia practically "took" some high tech gimmiks from the US without any Pentagon permission.
    Oh, no no you misunderstood me, I did not say I preferred M4 to AK-74, on the contrary, (although I have not fired either of them) If I were sent to war, and given a choice, I would definitely pick AK-74 over M-4, its just dumb to keep one rifle for showcasing and display on parades and another for actual war.
    So I guess we should just throw M4s out, and get HK-416s or G-36s to our special forces, while equipping the rest of the army with AK-74s, that would be my preference.

Oh, no no you misunderstood me, I did not say I preferred M4 to AK-74, on the contrary, (although I have not fired either of them) If I were sent to war, and given a choice, I would definitely pick AK-74 over M-4, its just dumb to keep one rifle for showcasing and display on parades and another for actual war.
    So I guess we should just throw M4s out, and get HK-416s or G-36s to our special forces, while equipping the rest of the army with AK-74s, that would be my preference.
    Why not, better would be of course to get to date AK series rifles 103 and up what is of course not possible under all these circumstances. Actually I would prefer the G-36 for regular army forces, while special forces equipped with either something Georgian ( when developed ) or the HK416 / MK-17, generallly a universal weapon created for any kind of nonconventional warfare in the spectrum of special operations. A Georgian next generation small arms family would be most fantastic of course ....

Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval
    Last edited by GeneralL; 07-31-2011 at 03:53 PM.

new video from Georgiansoldier