Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10121314151617181920212223242526272830 ... LastLast

Thread: Philippine Armed Forces(Southeast Asia)

Default Video's of Philippine Navy

The new President of the Philippines
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/1zlygaodotjpg[/IMG]
    President Benigno Aquino III salutes as he reviews troops shortly after taking his oath as the Philippines' 15th president, Wednesday, June 30, 2010, in Manila, Philippines.

Quote Originally Posted by sabaya597 View Post
    A bunch of Photos from the various Branches of the AFP:

Philippine Army:
    AIFV:

AIFV based Recovery Vehicle:

Simba AFVs:

M113:

Troopers from the Light Reaction Company:

Philippine Marines:
    V-150:

Philippine Airforce:
    OV-10 and C130:

SF 260:

OV-10:

OV10s and MD-520s

MD 520:

S211

UH-1H:

Philippine Navy:
    BO-105

BRP Rajah Humabon

BRP Apolinario Mabini

BRP Bacolod City
    Your pictures of the Simba APC and the AIFV recovery vehicle were taken by my group during an exercise with the LAD. Im actually in that picture, the one gawking at the AIFV recovery vehicle with a black cap. hehehe. Nice pictures though.

Quote Originally Posted by AGLSwagger View Post
    Your pictures of the Simba APC and the AIFV recovery vehicle were taken by my group during an exercise with the LAD. Im actually in that picture, the one gawking at the AIFV recovery vehicle with a black cap. hehehe. Nice pictures though.
    Hope you join this forum sir.. http://www.timawa.net and http://www.timawa.net/forums

Where are the credits for those images? Your are violating forum rules

I actually apologized on timawa sir, if i recall i said it on the afp equipments thread afew months back, again, im sorry for posting without proper credits, now if you want, i can take down all photos i posted

One less aircraft to an already struggling airforce...

2 pilots eject before PAF plane crashes

July 19, 2010, 5:55pm
    CAMP OLIVAS, Pampanga – Two Philippine Air Force (PAF) pilots cheated death on Monday when they ejected just in time before their S-211 trainer aircraft crashed in a sugarcane field in Concepcion, Tarlac.
    Lieutenant Colonel Miguel Okol, PAF spokesman, identified the two as Lt. Jose Wilbert Leonides P. Martinez, pilot; and Major Wilfred Babbit A. Donato, pilot-instructor.
    They both belong to the Air Defense Wing’s 7th Tactical Fighter Squadron based in Clark Air Force Base.
    Okol said Martinez and Donato were on a training missing when the incident occurred around 11 a.m. in the vicinity of Sitio Ligaya, Barangay Santiago in Concepcion.
    “Two pilots of an S-211 of the Air Division Wing (ADW) on a training mission ejected safely over Tarlac this morning and were promptly rescued and airlifted back to Clark Air Base at around 11:45 a.m.,” Okol said in his text message to the Manila Bulletin.
    Chief Superintendent Arturo G. Cacdac Jr., Police Regional Office 3 (PRO3) director, said emergency teams based in Clark aided the two pilots.
    Cacdac said the plane, with Tail No. 211.09005, was on its way to Clark after a training session in Laoag, Ilocos Norte, when it crashed.
    Okol said probers from the PAF’s Aircraft Crash Investigation Team had been dispatched to the crash site to determine the cause of the incident.
    Meanwhile, PAF chief Lt. Gen. Oscar Rabena immediately ordered the grounding of all their S-211 aircrafts pending the outcome of the investigation.
    With the recent crash, the PAF is now left with only six S-211s including three that are undergoing maintenance.
    The Aermacchi S-211 is a small tandem two-seat aircraft that is powered by a Pratt and Whitney JT15D-C turbofan. The aircraft was designed as a secondary close air support capability that can be armed for weapons training or light ground attack duties.
    A total of 25 S-211’s were purchased by the PAF in the late 1980s, including 15 that were assembled locally by the Philippine Aerospace Development Corporation.
    Due to accidents, six planes remain in service although only three are air worthy.
    In February, two PAF pilots died when an OV Bronco attack aircraft of the air force also crashed at Crow Valley, Capas, Tarlac while conducting aerial gunnery training.
    The PAF, which used to be the greatest firepower in Asia during the Marcos regime, is now in dire need of modernization, which the present administration has vowed to pursue
    http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/267760...-plane-crashes

Quote Originally Posted by sabaya597 View Post
    I actually apologized on timawa sir, if i recall i said it on the afp equipments thread afew months back, again, im sorry for posting without proper credits, now if you want, i can take down all photos i posted
    No need for credits or taking down the pictures. As long as you do not claim ownership(which i havent seen on your post) thats fine. I was just surprised i found a picture of myself and my team with LAD in the web. Its kinda cool you posted it. hehehe. That exercise is happening again this august. I will post new pictures of the tanks since those tanks in the picture are currently deployed so baka new set ung gagamitin. hehehe.

Another reason why the Philippines struggles to get investors into the country. They always change the game rules when they feel like it, even when the deal has been signed...
    There was no proof of collusion BUT cancelled it anyway because it was too "expensive"...

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakin...elicopter-deal

[*******blue]PH drops $ 73M helicopter deal
    [/COLOR]
    Agence France-Presse
    First Posted 18:27:00 12/07/2010

Filed Under: Government, Graft & Corruption, Military, Philippines - Metro

MANILA, Philippines - The Philippine government said Tuesday it had cancelled a 73 million dollar deal to buy military helicopters following allegations of collusion with a Polish defense contractor.
    A formal inquiry found no hard proof of collusion between PZL Swidnik and the defense ministry panel that recommended the award of the contract, but concluded the deal was overpriced, ministry spokesman Eduardo Batac said.
    "Defense Secretary Voltaire Gazmin has approved the recommendation of the board of inquiry to declare a failure of bidding for the attack helicopter acquisition project of the Philippine Air Force," Batac said in a statement.
    The deal, approved by the bid committee in September this year, would have seen the Philippines buy seven attack helicopters, including one with night-vision capability, for 3.2 billion pesos (73 million dollars).
    Gazmin also froze the planned acquisition of three billion pesos' worth of combat utility helicopters for the Philippine Navy, for which no contract awards had been made, Batac said.
    "We are going to encounter some delays," he said of the Philippine government's efforts to modernise its military equipment, adding that no decision had been taken on how best to proceed.
    The Philippines needs the aircraft to fight communist as well as Muslim separatist insurgencies.
    Tenders for the air force and navy helicopters were first sought in 2007 under President Benigno Aquino III's predecessor Gloria Arroyo, Batac said.
    After a series of failed tenders in 2008 and 2009, when no bids were submitted, the ministry revised the number of units it wanted to buy down from eight to seven, as well as changing payload and engine specifications.
    However, only one company made a bid even with the revised requirements, Batac said.
    Aquino blocked the entire project and ordered an inquiry in October this year amid allegations the bid committee rigged the rules to favor PZL Swidnik, the only firm that eventually submitted a bid for the attack helicopters.
    "In the course of their investigation, the (inquiry board) did not find 'prima facie' evidence of collusion," Batac said.
    "However, the (board) found the (bid committee's) decision to reduce the quantity of attack helicopters that can be acquired from eight to seven... to be unquestionably disadvantageous to the government," he said.
    It would have shortchanged the government of 400 million pesos, he added.

wow one unproven accusation and the whole programme being halted...

Quote Originally Posted by Mouldingo View Post
    Another reason why the Philippines struggles to get investors into the country. They always change the game rules when they feel like it, even when the deal has been signed...
    There was no proof of collusion BUT cancelled it anyway because it was too "expensive"...

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakin...elicopter-deal
    The deal was not signed, you might not have noticed but that's the AH not the Utility variant. The Utility variant is already being made in Poland. The AH, was won due to a single bidder, it wasnt awarded yet, hence they are still able to stop it. Interesting though since it is stopped due to a change in process as the bidding takes to long, they are looking at government to government negotiations.

Default Santa arriving by Huey and giving disabled children rides

Thanks to a friend from facebook

have you seen the March 2011 issue of Combat & Survival?
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

just a question though.. what's this patch? or symbol?

https://picasaweb.google.com/1052855...67080044037042

a cop with a scout ranger pin? is this real?

https://picasaweb.google.com/1052855...87628480315090