Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 121415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Results 316 to 330 of 454

Thread: Philippine Armed Forces(Southeast Asia)

  1. #316
    Member Dankster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    805

    Default

    50+ huh? That's a pretty solid fleet, considering that many militaries of comparable size to the PAF are lucky to have more than 30 helicopters in total!

  2. #317
    Senior Member junglejim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    33
    Posts
    13,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dankster View Post
    50+ huh? That's a pretty solid fleet, considering that many militaries of comparable size to the PAF are lucky to have more than 30 helicopters in total!

    They are trying to keep a fleet of about 100 airframes with about 75% readiness. Then again it has the capability for depot level maintainance in house for those birds, so the challenge really is looking for airworthy airframes. Aside from the Us they are sourcing it from a Singaporean firm.

  3. #318
    Senior Member junglejim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    33
    Posts
    13,547

    Default

    Now did somebody mention UH-1's?











    And an S-76:



    http://www.205thw.ph/

  4. #319
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Hello this was suppose to be the my first reply in this forum. First can I ask, can I also use tagalog language here since this thread is for the Philippine Armed Forces, Philippine people also. Can I?

    Second question: I thought the camouflage of the Phil Army Scout Rangers were all black with a musang patch in the shoulder right? because some vids on youtube show Phil Army Scout Rangers in field wearing camouflage worn by the regular army soldiers. Just need some clarifications thanks. appreciate your replies.

  5. #320
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Another S-211 jet trainer of the PAF has gone down this time near the coast of Bataan claiming the lives of both pilots who were unable to eject for some reason...


    http://defense-studies.blogspot.com/...in-bataan.html

  6. #321

    Default

    RIP to the 2 pilots...

    http://www.gmanews.tv/story/219057/r...ne-crash-found


    Body of missing pilot in Bataan plane crash found

    04/29/2011 | 09:22 AM


    Army troops have finally recovered the body of the missing Philippine Air Force (PAF) pilot killed in a plane crash on April 28, a military official said.

    In an interview on dzBB radio on Friday, Air Force spokesperson Lt. Col. Miguel Okol confirmed the military has recovered the body of the plane's missing co-pilot identified as Capt. Raymond de Leon.

    Okol said the body was recovered underwater around 7 a.m. Friday.

    On April 28, an S-211 plane of the PAF crashed in Banawang village near the Stela Mariz Beach Resort in Bataan, moments after it took off from Clark Air Base around 3:15 p.m. Thursday.

    The S-211 trainer jet is an old aircraft of the PAF, being with the air force since 1991, Okol said.

    According to him, the PAF still has six other S-211 units but these are grounded while an investigation on the plane crash is ongoing.

    "As of this time, we're not going to let those aircraft fly until we find out substantial information on what really happened," Okol said.

    In an earlier text message to media on Friday, Okol said the PAF condoles with the families of Capt. De Leon, combat-ready pilot; and Maj. Ephraim M. Suyom, a PAF instructor pilot, who was earlier reported killed in the incident. — Emmanuel Louis Bacani/LBG/RSJ, GMA News

  7. #322
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    14

    Default

    This just came up in my mind recently. I think the government should also issue combat gloves, balaclava and shades (not sunglasses, i mean those tactical shades with transparent lens)
    I bet those would also help soldiers even a little when operating in the field and it could also give a more cool, more soldier-look to a military personnel. Gloves could protect the hands from unexpected insect bites (some might even be poisonous or itchy) balaclava hides the face of the the soldier for a more stealthy look and the shades could block dirts or whatever that might possibly enter the eye? but that's just for me. just giving my own opinion.

  8. #323
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    14

    Default

    R.I.P to the two pilots.

  9. #324
    Junior Member Panzerschütze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Frankfurt, Germany
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Back in the good old days growing up in Davao, I use to watch those beautiful UH-1´s fly over our house which was located near the Davao international Airport. A dam good looking chopper.

  10. #325
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Someone should be held accountable for the 2 pilots who lost their lives due the the FAILURE of the ejection seats of the crashed S-211 which were not properly maintained...

  11. #326
    Member sepia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Thailand/Land of military coup,General's golfplayer and the most constitution in the world 555.
    Posts
    533

    Post Link about Philippine Armed Forces.

    OFFICIAL HOMEPAGE PHILIPPINE ARMY http://www.army.mil.ph/
    UNOFFICIAL HOMEPAGE PHILIPPINE ARMY http://www.angelfire.com/ga/batwentyone/Army.html
    OFFICIAL HOMEPAGE PHILIPPINE AIR FORCE http://www.paf.mil.ph/
    UNOFFICIAL HOMEPAGE PHILIPPINE AIR FORCE http://www.angelfire.com/ga/batwentyone/index.html
    Philippine Defense Forum http://www.timawa.net/forum/index.php?www
    Philippines Defense Forces Forum http://pdff.sytes.net/index.php?
    73rd AFP Founding Day Parade (Philippines) http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...ing-Day-Parade

  12. #327
    Senior Member junglejim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    33
    Posts
    13,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheetos View Post
    Hello this was suppose to be the my first reply in this forum. First can I ask, can I also use tagalog language here since this thread is for the Philippine Armed Forces, Philippine people also. Can I?
    NO! Cant you read the damn rules? You dont own the thread, they just allowed us space here. They can delete this things an nobody would really stop and ask where it went. If you want to speak tagalog, go to the Filipino owned sites.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheetos View Post
    Second question: I thought the camouflage of the Phil Army Scout Rangers were all black with a musang patch in the shoulder right? because some vids on youtube show Phil Army Scout Rangers in field wearing camouflage worn by the regular army soldiers. Just need some clarifications thanks. appreciate your replies.
    Black mainly for parade and to look different, Army DPM for field operations in the jungles.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheetos View Post
    This just came up in my mind recently. I think the government should also issue combat gloves, balaclava and shades (not sunglasses, i mean those tactical shades with transparent lens)
    I bet those would also help soldiers even a little when operating in the field and it could also give a more cool, more soldier-look to a military personnel. Gloves could protect the hands from unexpected insect bites (some might even be poisonous or itchy) balaclava hides the face of the the soldier for a more stealthy look and the shades could block dirts or whatever that might possibly enter the eye? but that's just for me. just giving my own opinion.

    Really, how will balaclavas, combat gloves, and shades really help our soldiers under a sweletering humid as **** jungle terrain, where it pisses rain half a day, then makes you sweat like a sauna afterwards? So much so that when issued with Armor, those guys cant wait to get back to base and take em off.

    Stop living in your airsoft world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheetos View Post
    R.I.P to the two pilots.
    RIP

    Now this is supposed to be a pictures thread so here:







    Photos courtesy of: 10ID "Eagles" facebook site. through the directions of timawa.net/forums

  13. #328
    Member TheHelmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Over there
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Are they wearing OTV's ?

    When did we buy those?

  14. #329
    Senior Member junglejim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    33
    Posts
    13,547

    Default

    Yup, it was confirmed in the other forum. There is an on going prgram to provide them with vests, just dont know how many of those are OTV or if these ones were part of the program or hand me downs. some units buy their own gears actually.

  15. #330
    Member TheHelmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Over there
    Posts
    73

    Default

    ^ yep thats true. I have a cousin in the army. He said the issued boots were horrible. Thats why he got some sort of merrel hiking boots. He bought his own kevlar also i think.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •