Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 121415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Philippine Armed Forces(Southeast Asia)

The PA have Scorpion tanks and there are plans to upgrade them...
    Those are TNI Scorpions.

Quote Originally Posted by timawa View Post
    Yes because it's an island nation. It's also mainly jungle and irregular terrain. Cost may be a factor but it's just not a priority. Indonesia, like the Philippines doesn't have main battle tanks, only light ones.

Probably because they border other countries with actual tanks.
    Okay that makes sense, sorry I asked a question, I know forums usually don't like it for people to have discussions

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWalker View Post
    I know forums usually don't like it for people to have discussions
    I thought that was what forums were for.

Quote Originally Posted by timawa View Post
    I thought that was what forums were for.
    Well most people on mp.net don't like it when people try to find out more about a subject. They get offended or sarcastic

Suspended for infractions

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWalker View Post
    Well most people on mp.net don't like it when people try to find out more about a subject. They get offended or sarcastic
    Most of the Filipino guys here, actually do take time to answer questions about the AFP. So ask away... like all Asian countries we tend to have the Fanboys and the opposite of that, so just bare through the chaff.

Hey, how many Hueys are in active use? I get varying numbers with some as high as 60, 80, or 100+. That would be a pretty significant fleet!

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Dankster View Post
    Hey, how many Hueys are in active use? I get varying numbers with some as high as 60, 80, or 100+. That would be a pretty significant fleet!
    It is less than 100, but more than 50... It is the workhorse of the PAF!

50+ huh? That's a pretty solid fleet, considering that many militaries of comparable size to the PAF are lucky to have more than 30 helicopters in total!

Quote Originally Posted by Dankster View Post
    50+ huh? That's a pretty solid fleet, considering that many militaries of comparable size to the PAF are lucky to have more than 30 helicopters in total!

They are trying to keep a fleet of about 100 airframes with about 75% readiness. Then again it has the capability for depot level maintainance in house for those birds, so the challenge really is looking for airworthy airframes. Aside from the Us they are sourcing it from a Singaporean firm.

Now did somebody mention UH-1's?

And an S-76:

http://www.205thw.ph/

Hello this was suppose to be the my first reply in this forum. First can I ask, can I also use tagalog language here since this thread is for the Philippine Armed Forces, Philippine people also. Can I?

Second question: I thought the camouflage of the Phil Army Scout Rangers were all black with a musang patch in the shoulder right? because some vids on youtube show Phil Army Scout Rangers in field wearing camouflage worn by the regular army soldiers. Just need some clarifications thanks. appreciate your replies.

Banned user

Another S-211 jet trainer of the PAF has gone down this time near the coast of Bataan claiming the lives of both pilots who were unable to eject for some reason...

http://defense-studies.blogspot.com/...in-bataan.html

RIP to the 2 pilots...

http://www.gmanews.tv/story/219057/r...ne-crash-found

Body of missing pilot in Bataan plane crash found

04/29/2011 | 09:22 AM

Army troops have finally recovered the body of the missing Philippine Air Force (PAF) pilot killed in a plane crash on April 28, a military official said.

In an interview on dzBB radio on Friday, Air Force spokesperson Lt. Col. Miguel Okol confirmed the military has recovered the body of the plane's missing co-pilot identified as Capt. Raymond de Leon.

Okol said the body was recovered underwater around 7 a.m. Friday.

On April 28, an S-211 plane of the PAF crashed in Banawang village near the Stela Mariz Beach Resort in Bataan, moments after it took off from Clark Air Base around 3:15 p.m. Thursday.

The S-211 trainer jet is an old aircraft of the PAF, being with the air force since 1991, Okol said.

According to him, the PAF still has six other S-211 units but these are grounded while an investigation on the plane crash is ongoing.

"As of this time, we're not going to let those aircraft fly until we find out substantial information on what really happened," Okol said.

In an earlier text message to media on Friday, Okol said the PAF condoles with the families of Capt. De Leon, combat-ready pilot; and Maj. Ephraim M. Suyom, a PAF instructor pilot, who was earlier reported killed in the incident. — Emmanuel Louis Bacani/LBG/RSJ, GMA News

This just came up in my mind recently. I think the government should also issue combat gloves, balaclava and shades (not sunglasses, i mean those tactical shades with transparent lens)
    I bet those would also help soldiers even a little when operating in the field and it could also give a more cool, more soldier-look to a military personnel. Gloves could protect the hands from unexpected insect bites (some might even be poisonous or itchy) balaclava hides the face of the the soldier for a more stealthy look and the shades could block dirts or whatever that might possibly enter the eye? but that's just for me. just giving my own opinion.

R.I.P to the two pilots.