Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Philippine Armed Forces(Southeast Asia)

terrorist sympathiser

i think 2 guys fell

the other one i believed he jumped to the sea cause you can see that... flippers he wearing there. but the other one he look struggled to get back inside the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. kurien View Post
    is one of them slipped off the boat? from the 1st pic shows that he is not comfortable enough with so many personals on that small boat. and the camou is almost the same with the old us green beret camou... isn't it?
    Yes youre right. The camo is based on the one several elite units (eg. SASR, NZSAS, MACV-SOG,etc) used in Vietnam. To be more exact it is called the Tiger*****e. The one seen in the pix are the Philippine ones, exclusive to Navy SWAGs troopers

even though the SWAG tiger*****e was patterned with the Vietman era camo pattern, there's a slight difference in terms of color combination, the Phil. Coast Guard also have their own tiger*****e pattern camo but a different color scheme, more on orange variations.

Last edited by SGT. ROCKS; 07-07-2009 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scout Ranger View Post
    good to see we now have our own photo thread here.

sad though most of our military hardwares are outdated but what's the fuss we are still fighting those terrorist in good measure.
    you're right, even though we lack modern sophisticated weapons, our guys are doing their best to fight those who are on the other side of the fence . Our soldiers are in fact giving the ultimate sacrifice just to keep the enemies of the state at bay. A soldier who was KIA made this ....."you pay us with your taxes, and we repay it with our lives"..... RIP to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Scout Ranger View Post
    sad though most of our military hardwares are outdated
    nonsense -don't think of it outdated I always thought of the M16/M14/1911/M60 as "classic"

Quote Originally Posted by Eknytz View Post
    nonsense -don't think of it outdated I always thought of the M16/M14/1911/M60 as "classic"

Then the Armed Forces of the Philippines is a coniseur of "classic" military hardware. From vessels that actually saw action in WW2, to Vietnam Era UH1N's. The tagline of the 15th Strike Wing should be "nobody really owns these equipment, we simply lookafter it for the next generation" from Patek Phillipe.

m16's are still being used by modern military. What they need are new strategies, good benefits for the family to encourage more people to join the Philippine military. Anyway, keep the pics coming!

Quote Originally Posted by dragoneyes View Post
    m16's are still being used by modern military. What they need are new strategies, good benefits for the family to encourage more people to join the Philippine military. Anyway, keep the pics coming!

Pardon me? new strategy? I believe the US is applying the strategy they learned from the AFP to the GWOT. Benefits to the soldiers could always be better, but they are actually decently paid.

agree on the pics coming.

Quote Originally Posted by junglejim View Post
    Pardon me? new strategy? I believe the US is applying the strategy they learned from the AFP to the GWOT. Benefits to the soldiers could always be better, but they are actually decently paid.

agree on the pics coming.
    well,yes. New strategies,in terms of attacking the NPA and extremist in the southern region, just watch the videos posted you'll know what Im talking about. What we are doing in Balikatan exercises are sharing of strategies and ideas,teaming up as one against GWOT. Learning is both ways.

Philippine Marine Force Recon:

well,yes. New strategies,in terms of attacking the NPA and extremist in the southern region, just watch the videos posted you'll know what Im talking about. What we are doing in Balikatan exercises are sharing of strategies and ideas,teaming up as one against GWOT. Learning is both ways.
    but still it would be nice to have decent weapons and instead of a Constituent-Assembly (con-ass), we should require the next president of the Philippines to contribute one of his son to the line infantry.

the Holy Imperial States of Earth, Universe is ours!

Quote Originally Posted by junglejim View Post
    Then the Armed Forces of the Philippines is a coniseur of "classic" military hardware. From vessels that actually saw action in WW2, to Vietnam Era UH1N's. The tagline of the 15th Strike Wing should be "nobody really owns these equipment, we simply lookafter it for the next generation" from Patek Phillipe.
    Oh shut up, my home country still uses M1 carbine.

Here are a few photos i found when my ROTC unit visited the Marines at Ft. Bonifacio

Could you ellaborate more on what new strategies and tactics they need to use? So far the AFP has been bleeding the MILF and NPA rebels dry of man power, and not because of better compansation package either. even the MILF head mentioned that they can Never defeat the AFP, all they can do is resist to the last man.

Or are you advocating a more SLA vs. LTTE type of action...