Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: Philippine Armed Forces(Southeast Asia)

Quote Originally Posted by SGT. ROCKS View Post
    Philippine Marine Force Recon:

Philiphine Army used Sundang? that is very2 nice weapon for slashing... very2 nice pics.

HOLY S*IT! The Tavor!!!!

Which unit uses it back home?!

Quote Originally Posted by Ominae View Post
    HOLY S*IT! The Tavor!!!!

Which unit uses it back home?!
    Apparently from what i can see in the picture, The Marine Force Recon Battalion uses it... dunno about the other units in the Armed Forces though

No articles regarding it eh? Sure like to read something from the papers or from the networks, unless it's done secretly to prevent media people from finding out about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominae View Post
    No articles regarding it eh? Sure like to read something from the papers or from the networks, unless it's done secretly to prevent media people from finding out about it.
    closest thing i could find was this discussion

At least some units are getting new weapons!! Yay!!

Before you all go up and celebrate, those rifles were not issued. The IMI rep simply brought them to town for the AFP and the PNP to try them out. Like the Steyhrs remember. Hard competition against the M-16's since the AFP still have a lot of un used ones and an used barrels from what I've heard (Elisco tools did not stop manufacturing barrels till the ninties I belive). Plus, why buy new ones when uncle SAM have no problems dumping the M-16's by the boat load to our shores for free.

This i what killed the G36 Acquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by junglejim View Post
    Before you all go up and celebrate, those rifles were not issued. The IMI rep simply brought them to town for the AFP and the PNP to try them out. Like the Steyhrs remember. Hard competition against the M-16's since the AFP still have a lot of un used ones and an used barrels from what I've heard (Elisco tools did not stop manufacturing barrels till the ninties I belive). Plus, why buy new ones when uncle SAM have no problems dumping the M-16's by the boat load to our shores for free.

This i what killed the G36 Acquisition.
    those M-16 being dumped by uncle sam are those M-16A1's? BTW bro, nothing in this world is for free, I am quite sure of that

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by junglejim View Post
    Could you ellaborate more on what new strategies and tactics they need to use? So far the AFP has been bleeding the MILF and NPA rebels dry of man power, and not because of better compansation package either. even the MILF head mentioned that they can Never defeat the AFP, all they can do is resist to the last man.

Or are you advocating a more SLA vs. LTTE type of action...
    Do you actually believed that the AFP doesnt need a better tactics and strategy? Whats the use of balikatan in the first place. Our enemy evolves, and so must the AFP. Listen, if you are really that interested in what my opinion is,just PM me. Now,can we move on to the pics.

Battle hardended elements of the !st 'Tabak' Division with an American counterpart based in Mindanao.

Quote Originally Posted by Delta Niner View Post
    those M-16 being dumped by uncle sam are those M-16A1's? BTW bro, nothing in this world is for free, I am quite sure of that
    M16A1's but we are seeing A2 uppers now, I wouldnt be surprised if the Americans sent em too. Free in a sense of no monetary exchange was involved. Hence, the funds can be used for other vital material acquisitions.

Quote Originally Posted by dragoneyes View Post
    Do you actually believed that the AFP doesnt need a better tactics and strategy? Whats the use of balikatan in the first place. Our enemy evolves, and so must the AFP. Listen, if you are really that interested in what my opinion is,just PM me. Now,can we move on to the pics.
    Tactics and strategies should evolve, since the enemy is not static. I just took what you said as something that the AFP was doing things wrong or obsolete. Balikatan is a test in interoperability and not much else in terms of tactics. If you take close notice the Philippines is sending more and more of the reserves elements into these exercises than before.

I've heard of line unit members laughing their asses of when the modules involve marksmanship and how to zero in their rifles. Most believe its a dog and pony show anyway that does wonders for the media mileage, so they go along with it.

My bad if I talk a lot in this thread I do know that this is for picts and videos. I just feel that some context with regards to one of the most mis understood Armed Force would help.

Am not saying that the Balikatan exercises is useless, but i think in reality when talking about interoperability, we can't really be at par with the capabilities of the American units in the exercises, we just don't have the equipments, etc. Fil guys joining the exercise can only watch and envy the american military equipments around, at least they get to ride on some of them . To the point that the funds being given to us by the US, are being used by the Officers in charge of the exercise (corruption).
    Our soldiers are more on guerilla jungle warfare, and the americans are learning a lot from our guys on these aspect. In fact, they have a lot of US soldiers based in Southern Mindanao, in order to have 'hands on' experience, in exchange our guys can get assistance from the hi-tech intelligence gathering equipment from the americans, just like during the Sipadan hostage opns. We also have soldiers being sent to the US at Ft. Bragg for 'schooling' but it's not much 'coz when these guys return they just can share everything what they learned in the US.

Am not saying that the Balikatan exercises is useless, but i think in reality when talking about interoperability, we can't really be at par with the capabilities of the American units in the exercises, we just don't have the equipments, etc. Fil guys joining the exercise can only watch and envy the american military equipments around, at least they get to ride on some of them . .
    Interoparability does not mean we have to be at par with the American, it just means our boys are updated and exposed to newer technologies out there. For example we might not have their choppers but they sure help teach us Night Flying with our UH1's thus we saw our choppers upgraded for NVG flight.

They are also helping our Marines keep current in Amphibious landings and the proper equipments to use for one, buy letting us ride and operate the AAVP-7's something that's in the buy list of our Navy.

For the Air Force, it ensures that our pilot's dont lose their edge in dogfighting even if all they have now are jet trainers. So it's really not useless but very helpful in a lot of aspects.

To the point that the funds being given to us by the US, are being used by the Officers in charge of the exercise (corruption). .
    Careful when making these accusations, yes there is corruption in the AFP, but the one you sighted is not yet validated. The officer which blew this had an ax to grind with the brass if you read the news reports so careful.

Our soldiers are more on guerilla jungle warfare, and the americans are learning a lot from our guys on these aspect. In fact, they have a lot of US soldiers based in Southern Mindanao, in order to have 'hands on' experience, in exchange our guys can get assistance from the hi-tech intelligence gathering equipment from the americans, just like during the Sipadan hostage opns. We also have soldiers being sent to the US at Ft. Bragg for 'schooling' but it's not much 'coz when these guys return they just can share everything what they learned in the US.

Our soldiers are exposed to guerrila warfare but we do have doctrines in place for a more conventioal one. This is another place where working with Americans can help us fine tune and not lose such skills. Conventioal warfare was used in the 2000 campaign against the MILF. Yes, complete with Mechanized Infantry. This is also why the AFP prefers fighting the MILF than the communist rebels, more fun, according to an officer friend of mine.

Fort Bragg are for SpecOps I believe and it is very vital in learning how other operators worlwide operate, so dont belittle it.

To the rest sorry, Ill try to stop butting in. Photos Photos Photos... just have to keep reminding myself.

15th Strike Wing OV-10 Bronco's over Lake Taal in Luzon,Philippines

[IMG]http://i25.*******.com/2re758jdotjpg[/IMG]
    Female Filipino marine trainees crawl through mud under barbed wire during an exercise in Ternate, south-west of Manila.
    Last edited by VAMAN; 07-10-2009 at 12:22 AM. Reason: spelling correction