Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: Philippine Armed Forces(Southeast Asia)

Philippine soldier (or SAF guy, dunno) wielding an M14 rifle during the February 2006 crackdown after the failed coup.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanami_tard View Post
    i swear i saw some filipino military personnel using M1 carbine....in action(not in shooting competition,definitely not for ceremonial purpose)
    Those are CAFGU, village militia. They also use M16s, M14s, Garands and BARs.

http://www.gmanews.tv/video/11080/Sa...of-NPA-attacks

Quote Originally Posted by DavidDCM View Post
    Philippine soldier (or SAF guy, dunno) wielding an M14 rifle during the February 2006 crackdown after the failed coup.

He's SAF, just for those who don't know.

Yup, he's PNP-SAF, they have their own digital camo which is exclusive for SAF members only. Non PNP-SAF members are not allowed to wear their 'hard earned' uniform.

here's a photo posted by kalabaw, this is PNP wearing their standard issue camo pattern, the US 6-color desert pattern was changed into tropical color scheme.

here's another photo of the standard issue camo pattern of the Phil. National Police, just to show the difference between the camo of the police and the Army. So that those who are not so familiar can distinguish between Phil. National Police and Phil. Army.
    Last edited by SGT. ROCKS; 07-12-2009 at 10:04 PM.

more photos of the Phil. Marine Corps:

Quote Originally Posted by dave81 View Post
    "Air superiority gray"? Aren't ALL fighter planes gray?
    Nope. i'll let you look for that yourself. the term air superiority gray was coined by the USAF for their F-15s, dark bluish gray blotch over a light bluish gray

great pics guys!! keep them coming....

i like this one...is this during graduation ceremony?

Yeah.

From what I heard before.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by SGT. ROCKS View Post
    Yup, he's PNP-SAF, they have their own digital camo which is exclusive for SAF members only. Non PNP-SAF members are not allowed to wear their 'hard earned' uniform.

here's another photo of the standard issue camo pattern of the Phil. National Police, just to show the difference between the camo of the police and the Army. So that those who are not so familiar can distinguish between Phil. National Police and Phil. Army.
    I like this camo, do the Philipine army design it by their self or outsource it to third party to get the better one.

the photo i posted with the guys drinking San Miguel Pale Pilsen (beer) are members of the Philippine National Police on their graduation rites , the Phil. Army have their own different camo pattern. Even the Police have two (2) different camos, to distinguish them between the ordinary PNP and the Police Elite Special Action Force (SAF).
    The procurement of the army/police BDA's (Battle Dress Attires) are through bidding, contractors would have to present their proposed designs, their project proposal bids etc, but usually when there's a new chief, there is a new design which comes up, 'the usual business transactions' between the contractor and the new chief ......... getz?

the photo i posted with the guys drinking San Miguel Pale Pilsen (beer) are members of the Philippine National Police on their graduation rites , the Phil. Army have their own different camo pattern. Even the Police have two (2) different camos, to distinguish them between the ordinary PNP and the Police Elite Special Action Force (SAF).
    The procurement of the army/police BDA's (Battle Dress Attires) are through bidding, contractors would have to present their proposed designs, their project proposal bids etc, but usually when there's a new chief, there is a new design which comes up, 'the usual business transactions' between the contractor and the new chief ......... getz?
    Say what? Stop acting like you know what the hell you are talking about. Aside from the digital camo, when sthe last time you've seen the Marines or the Army change their camo? The Army and Marine camo actually came from the AFP designs and testing... the manufacture is outsourced but the design of the uniform and the camo is in house. Also, the designs dont change every time a new chief comes in.

If you dont know ****, better say nothing or prepare to be called on it.

Philippine Air Force:
    SF260 Warriors

junglejim you should spend time in the field so that you'll understand what's the reality and the sentiments of the people in the field .
    stop acting as if your the authority here, you're entitled to your opinion, don't insist it to others, everybody's entitled to each of their personal opinion. just keep to the thread of posting pix

junglejim you should spend time in the field so that you'll understand what's the reality and the sentiments of the people in the field .
    stop acting as if your the authority here, you're entitled to your opinion, don't insist it to others, everybody's entitled to each of their personal opinion. just keep to the thread of posting pix

I'm commenting based on what you write. If you share your comments and opinions expect to get a reaction from it.

By mentioning that I need to spend time on the field, are you implying that your opinion is based on field experience then? If so, then you should know more than I, that the cammo pattern and uniform design of the AFP do not change everytime a new chief comes in. As a matter of fact the Marines uniform was long due for a complete update, hence, the PHILMARPAT which is slowly being issued to the Marines as each MBLT rotates back to Fort Bonifacio for retraining, reequipment, and recuperation.

If you are in the Army, maybe you should talk more to your superiors in terms of getting better info, because those digitized cammo you saw in the parade picts used by the ARMY SF is at the moment only for that SF cammo, so no change at the moment for you guys. So where's the change everytime a new chief comes in coming from?

By the way isnt that one of the major complaints of the line unit troopers... more budget for newer uniforms? Again, if your in the field.

Quote Originally Posted by sabaya597 View Post
    yep, from what I heard is that the Light Armored Division sometimes "trains" with one of the popular airsoft groups here.....
    Not really.

According to a member of the LAD that we interface with from time to time, some LAD personnel "play" with airsofters in their free time. It is not considered training.

The LAD is indeed considering using Airsoft guns for training, but such training is purely for CQB and drills, and do not involve airsofters.