Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: Philippine Armed Forces(Southeast Asia)

When I was in Cebu last year I couldnt believe how many guards and such that actually is used there. Even my very cheap hotel had a securityguard armed with a shotgun and a revolver and not even speaking about how it looked at the gates to the civildefence HQ in Cebu! I just love that nice country

[IMG]http://i37.*******.com/9h26h0dotjpg[/IMG]
    Philippine Marine Corps standard issue weaponry, such as the bolo knives pictured, were used during a Pikiti Tirsia fighting demonstration Oct. 21 here. The demonstration was part of the 31st Marine Expeditionary Unit's participation in Amphibious Landing Exercise FY 2009, a bilateral exercise conducted annually with the Republic of the Philippines to ensure peace and stability of the Asia-Pacific region.
    (Photo by Staff Sgt. Marc Ayalin)
    [IMG]http://i35.*******.com/1qjrtidotjpg[/IMG]
    Philippine Marines Technical Sgt. Manuel Prado, left, and Sgt. Ramon Egalam Jr., demonstrate Pikiti Tersia fighting techniques Oct. 21 here, using bolo knives - a standard issue knife for Philippine Marines. The demonstration was part of the 31st Marine Expeditionary Unit's participation in Amphibious Landing Exercise FY 2009, a bilateral exercise conducted annually with the Republic of the Philippines to ensure peace and stability of the Asia-Pacific region. Both Prado and Egalam are assigned to the 1st Reconnaissance Battalion, Combat Support Brigade.
    [IMG]http://i36.*******.com/2ld7ndudotjpg[/IMG]
    Philippine Marines Technical Sgt. Manuel Prado, left, and Sgt. Ramon Egalam Jr., demonstrate Pikiti Tersia fighting techniques Oct. 21 here, using bolo knives - a standard issue knife for Philippine Marines. The demonstration was part of the 31st Marine Expeditionary Unit's participation in Amphibious Landing Exercise FY 2009, a bilateral exercise conducted annually with the Republic of the Philippines to ensure peace and stability of the Asia-Pacific region. Both Prado and Egalam are assigned to the 1st Reconnaissance Battalion, Combat Support Brigade.
    [IMG]http://i35.*******.com/2hcfd48dotjpg[/IMG]
    Philippine Marine Sgt. Edilberto Amdongano provides covering fire for Philippine and U.S. Marines with Company K, Battalion Landing Team (BLT), 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines, 31st Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU), during bi-lateral live fire squad rush training here. The joint service interoperability event was a part of the annual Exercises Talon Vision and Amphibious Landing Exercise FY 2009 (PHIBLEX).
    (Official U.S. Marine Corps Photo by Lance Cpl. Ryan Wicks)
    [IMG]http://i33.*******.com/2sb6fskdotjpg[/IMG]
    Philippine Marine Sgt. Edilberto Amdongano and Cpl. Nicholas Biase, a fire team leader with Company K, Battalion Landing Team (BLT), 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines, 31st Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU), provide covering fire during bi-lateral live fire squad rush training here. The joint service interoperability event was a part of the annual Exercises Talon Vision and Amphibious Landing Exercise FY 2009 (PHIBLEX).
    [IMG]http://i35.*******.com/swr5ojdotjpg[/IMG]
    Philippine Marine Sgt. Edilberto Amdongano assaults a target down range alongside Marines with Company K, Battalion Landing Team (BLT), 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines, 31st Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU), during bi-lateral live fire squad rush training here. The joint service interoperability event was a part of the annual Exercises Talon Vision and Amphibious Landing Exercise FY 2009 (PHIBLEX).

Quote Originally Posted by junglejim View Post
    I'm commenting based on what you write. If you share your comments and opinions expect to get a reaction from it.

By mentioning that I need to spend time on the field, are you implying that your opinion is based on field experience then? If so, then you should know more than I, that the cammo pattern and uniform design of the AFP do not change everytime a new chief comes in. As a matter of fact the Marines uniform was long due for a complete update, hence, the PHILMARPAT which is slowly being issued to the Marines as each MBLT rotates back to Fort Bonifacio for retraining, reequipment, and recuperation.

If you are in the Army, maybe you should talk more to your superiors in terms of getting better info, because those digitized cammo you saw in the parade picts used by the ARMY SF is at the moment only for that SF cammo, so no change at the moment for you guys. So where's the change everytime a new chief comes in coming from?

By the way isnt that one of the major complaints of the line unit troopers... more budget for newer uniforms? Again, if your in the field.
    glad to have time on the thread again, exclude the marines, am only talking about the army, true the SF tiger camo is only for SF, the navy have their little bit different tiger camo, maybe you haven't noticed but we do keep having new bda's not really on the pattern but on the color scheme, every new issued bda of a new supplier keeps on having changes, that's my point, every new guy at the top usually leaves a mark so to speak, we're fortunate now lately 'coz it's cottonized unlike the previous administration, with upper pockets with division inside but the supplier forgot to put drain holes on it a simple item to be neglected but very important in the field. there's even a new directive to change the name cloths again, before it was ARMY then it was changed to PHIL ARMY and now it's back to ARMY again (whew), it was also moved to the left just like the U.S., even the background: from subdued to light colored. guys at the top just keep on changing, even the issued shirts, from camo to OD/BROWN, round neck/v-neck, due to different bidders/suppliers. Sentiments? well, let's leave it to the one who's a Senator now, and to those of their group who has plans on 2010, they know the feeling of what it's like

PAF F-5

PAF OV-10 Broncos

Glad to see someone's making use of those Broncos!

bookmarked

marines

army

police swat w/ ferfrans soar

PNP SAF w/ ferfrans soar