Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 68910111213141516

Thread: Diplomatic row between Sweden and Israel

Banned user

Default At the weekly cabinet meeting

At the weekly cabinet meeting

Cabinet secretary: "Good morning, everyone. We have a full agenda this week. The first item is the Mideast peace plan that President Barak Obama is going to announce next week, and the return to negotiations with the Palestinians. These are matters that require ..."

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu: "Allow me. I think that first of all, there is the urgent, acute, perhaps even to a large extent existential question of the Stockholm blood-libel terror incident."

Minister Stas Misezhnikov: "Holerot [other Russian and Polish-Yiddish expletives unclear]!"

Minister Eli Yishai: "In'al dinak [other Arabic expletives unclear]!"

Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman: "Grrrrrr ..."

PM: "Please, please! This is a meeting of the cabinet, and it is a serious cabinet, and I must ask all present to maintain their composure and to control their emotions, however difficult that is - and I know how difficult it is. No one knows as well as I do how vicious this libel is. It's the latest in a long series of such terrorist acts - from the 1840 Damascus libel to the Beilis libel in 1913, and everything in between and since. And, as you recall, they even blamed us for the Reichstag fire. But this government, unlike its predecessors, does not intend to take this pogrom sitting down. As you know, it was started by that Nazi newspaper, the Judenblut ..."

Secretary: "Aftonbladet."

PM: "Accordingly, as a preliminary measure, I have instructed all relevant ministries to deploy for an offensive, both to repulse this despicable libel and also to establish deterrence against such pogroms in the future. I have ordered the Foreign and Defense Ministries to be on full alert for any developments on the Scandinavian terror front."

Minister Silvan Shalom: "When I was foreign minister ..."

Lieberman: "Silence, everyone! There's no need for more discussion. Everything's all taken care of. I have already put the Swedes in their place. I have reminded them of their role in the transports and the crematoria. I summoned the Swedish ambassador. I took her to the window and pointed out the place here in Jerusalem where that anti-Semitic count of theirs, Bernadotte, got what was coming to him. I also mentioned what happened to that anti-Semite Olof Palme. I have only one thing to say: She turned as pale as Absolut vodka."

Minister Benjamin Ben-Eliezer: "I-I-I-I'll tell you. Their meatballs are something. Really something!"

Minister Yuval Steinitz: "Yvet, you should have defenestrated that ambassador. That means throw her out of the window, you know, like what happened to Jan Masaryk, although we are not Czechoslovakia, and we will never agree to be Czechoslovakia!"

Minister Uzi Landau: "We should simply take those Munich Accords, which aren't worth the paper they're written on, and tear them to shreds. And, as an immediate response, not only stop the talks with the Palestinians, but build another 2,000 housing units in Abu Dis. You want barricades? Let's meet at the barricades!"

PM: "It's already being done. Let them just dare say a word now about the settlements and Jerusalem, those Swedes with their race laws!"

Chairman of the National Security Council: "Cut the crap! We must get rid of the cloud of ambiguity here. I myself have taken the initiative and phoned the Swedish foreign minister, that Petliura-like pogromist, and hinted that the distance between Tel Aviv and Stockholm is only twice as great as the distance to Tehran."

Minister Isaac Herzog: "And I say, I say that reasonably speaking ..."

Minister Ehud Barak: "Enough nattering! Even as you are all going on and on here, I received a report that three Swedish reporters have been approaching Israeli territorial space. The matter is being dealt with. We are also deploying to deal with the visit from the Swedish foreign minister, although I don't think the Iron Dome anti-missile system will be operational by then."

Steinitz: "We must tell the head of the Government Press Office to throw those Sturmers into solitary. With a kettle cord."

Minister Yitzhak Aharonovitch: "That's all right. He has already threatened them with a syringe."

Secretary: "Gentlemen, ministers! Another item on the agenda is the economic situation. The governor of the central bank has notified us that ..."

Lieberman: "Shut up. There's also the matter of Norwegian anti-Semitism: They've not only refused to condemn or to burn the books of that anti-Semitic writer Knut Hamsun, they're even celebrating his birthday."

Minister Yisrael Katz: "In my estimation, that's worth at least five more settlements."

Shalom: "When I was foreign minister ..."

Lieberman: "I've also received reports of grave anti-Semitic attacks in Ipswich, England. A mini-market owner said there's no more 'joos.' We're checking if he meant Jews or juice."

Minister Benny Begin: "I wonder, ladies and gentlemen, whether Perfidious Albion should have a say in any matter."

Secretary: "And what about preparations for the talks with the Palestinians. It says here on the agenda that ..."

Lieberman: "That's taken care of. We've distributed the photo of the Mufti with Hitler. So, there has been progress, at least on our side."
    http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1110521.html

I think it's facinating how open the the Israeli cabinet is towards the media.

^Are you kidding me?
    That reporter must have quite a lot of time on his hands if he wrote this all nonsense..

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by RoyB View Post
    ^Are you kidding me?
    That reporter must have quite a lot of time on his hands if he wrote this all nonsense..
    Where is your sence of humor?

I think its idiotic of a respectable paper to release such 'articles' just for the heck of it..
    And posting them in this thread isn't doing much good either.

Edit:
    The guy has a satiric column in 'Haaretz', so no surprise finding pieces like this there..

Due to civil strife in Russia, the leaders invited Rurik and his Rus kinsmen to come rule over them

Quote Originally Posted by ting View Post
    Where is your sence of humor?
    I don't think he has any.

Banned user

Stickers like have started to come up lately

Semit=Semite
    Se hit=See here

[IMG]http://i28.*******.com/2aihd6sdotjpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i28.*******.com/24xgcqrdotjpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i30.*******.com/15nogmhdotjpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i30.*******.com/2e4dbhsdotjpg[/IMG]

Eating eggs & hash browns. Nahal %^&*@strong 111.

So are you paying the IDFers by piece or on commission?

Default Swedish FM's visit cancelled over 'timing': Israel

Swedish FM's visit cancelled over 'timing': Israel

JERUSALEM (AFP) Swedish Foreign Minister Carl Bildt has cancelled an upcoming trip to Israel, the Israeli foreign ministry said on Sunday amid raised tensions over a controversial newspaper story. "We were informed this weekend he was cancelling his visit" that had been due to take place in the coming week, ministry spokesman Yigal Palmor told AFP.
    Palmor said the reason given for the cancellation was "a problem of timing."
    However, Israeli media speculated that Bildt, whose country currently holds the rotating EU presidency, cancelled the trip in order to avoid an icy welcome in the Jewish state.
    Tensions between Israel and Sweden have risen in recent weeks over a report in the popular Aftonbladet tabloid that alleged Israeli soldiers stole and sold body parts of dead Palestinians.
    The newspaper later said the story lacked proof.
    Israel has demanded that the Swedish government condemn the article that it has labelled an anti-Semitic "blood libel." Stockholm has refused, saying that doing so would violate the country's tradition of freedom of speech.

Good timing.

Banned user

Default Getting our house in order first

Getting our house in order first
    By ALON LIEL

These days, while Norway and Sweden are fiercely attacked by Israeli ministers and Jewish leaders for being "anti-Semitic," I would like to set the record straight on these two countries' international human rights activity.

Graffiti of late PA leader Yasser Arafat is seen on a section of Israel's security barrier in Kalandia.
    Photo: AP

It was Norway and Sweden that launched the free world's battle against the South African apartheid regime. They were joined by the rest of the Western world only two decades later.

NORWAY STARTED the struggle against apartheid back in the early 1960s. In 1960, Chief Albert Luthuli, the African National Congress (ANC) president, was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. His trip to Norway as a result, and his call during this visit to impose international sanctions against South Africa, received global attention.

From 1960 the Church of Norway, which is a "state church" funded by the government, took the lead in the fight against South Africa by directly supporting anti-apartheid grassroots organizations to the tune of about $40 million between 1974 and 1995. South Africa was the central focus of the Church of Norway's international human rights campaign.

Norwegian trade unions were the first to organize a consumer boycott of South African products and to start an anti-apartheid awareness campaign. Youth and student organizations all around Norway were among the first to join this campaign. The international solidarity committee of the Norwegian confederation of unions intensified the consumer boycott in the late 1960s, and became one of the key organizations supporting the struggle for liberation in South Africa.

THE SWEDISH anti-apartheid record is just as impressive. The first anti-apartheid activities there started in the early 1950s, and a strong anti-apartheid movement was built nationwide. The Swedish South Africa Committee (SSAC), formed in 1961, started a consumer boycott of South African products and pressured the Swedish government to impose sanctions. Another Swedish NGO, the Isolate South Africa Committee, organized a campaign to isolate South Africa internationally and support the black liberation movements and South African political prisoners. The Swedish government began supporting the ANC and the struggle against apartheid in 1973 - 13 years before the European Union institutions in Brussels followed suit.

Israel, on the other hand, was one of the last Western allies (if not the last) of the apartheid regime. In the 1970s, when Norway and Sweden were leading the international struggle against the apartheid regime, Israel was just getting into bed with the South African authorities, selling arms to the South African army while bypassing the UN arms embargo passed in 1977.

I would like to remind you of all this before we start shouting about the Scandinavian human rights record. We should look at our own first.

The writer was director-general of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in 2000-2001 and the first Israeli ambassador to democratic South Africa (1992-1994). He is the author of Black Justice, The South African Upheaval.
    http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull

I found this interesting and relevant.