Thread: Queen Elizabeth Class Aircraft Carriers - News and Discussion

Are all the Sponsons attached now?

Thanks CJ, Babcock keeping us guessing as to when the lifts will happen!

Thanks Jdam McTaggart Scott rubber eared my email last year think I will try again.

DOh!! I just realised what you meant, thought you were meaning the aircraft lifts lol. Yeah I think it would have been on last Friday but for the weather warnings.
    Last edited by cockneyjock1974; 02-06-2012 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Misunderstanding!!

Quote Originally Posted by SDL View Post
    Are all the Sponsons attached now?
    Yep cycle A is structurally complete but a long way to go before it's fully complete. Sadly this also means little goings on up here until April now, so hopefully other developments around the country will make up for slow news.

CJ

One of the super blocks is now complete, the great thing about your photos CJ is you can now see the full scale of what these carriers are going to be like!

It has been information overload over the last few months with the photos from Portsmouth and Rosyth being constantly updated, maybe we will get the chance to see what BAE on the Clyde or Cammell Laird are doing now

hi guys

hay cj i noted in your 2099 post that you are off mon/tue,looks like the ACA are reading this thread and decided to delay the lift till you were avaliable to give us all the first news/pictures,cheers bud looks like the forward island is really coming along in the last few weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by serge 750 View Post
    hi guys

hay cj i noted in your 2099 post that you are off mon/tue,looks like the ACA are reading this thread and decided to delay the lift till you were avaliable to give us all the first news/pictures,cheers bud looks like the forward island is really coming along in the last few weeks!
    Hi Serge your welcome mate, i wish the ACA would update the in service video to angled cats (my new phrase for it ) I check it daily and hate that ski ramp now as much as I hate defence cuts lol.

The ACA video did seem out of date as soon as it was posted,just think, things are going to get very busy for the ACA in a few months with LB02 intergration,now that will be nice if they take pickies from the crane,unless your good at climbing mate he he

Quote Originally Posted by cockneyjock1974 View Post
    Hi folks the last one is going on as I write, unfortunately it's quite foggy so pics will be varied in quality. @Pymes time to throw our crystal balls away lol

Oh, I don't mind being 4 days out if it means something's happened earlier than I expected!! Thanks (as always) for the updates!

Great shots and links CJ! Tip of the hat to you as usual for your keen nose for new shots!

Here's the latest USN recruiting ad and it really shows off the sheer massiveness of a full size CV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEtZ5r0CIYI

Best!

Cheers Bama good to hear from you mate, your vid is very "Go Navy"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...n-flotilla.htm

While this is the worse kind of sensationalism (and not true) it is, however, a warning of what happens when you degrade your military credibility. If I were your PM, I would (D**M the cost) deploy RO6 loaded with every rotary winged asset that could carry a missile, the Diamond, Dragon, to join Daring, 2 more T23's, 2 more SSNs, 3 RFA's, and either Albion or Bulwark loaded with a RM Commando, and an additional RAF wing to the area and there would be no more silliness of this type leveled. By any quarter. JMHO.

Best.

Quote Originally Posted by cockneyjock1974 View Post
    Yep cycle A is structurally complete but a long way to go before it's fully complete. Sadly this also means little goings on up here until April now, so hopefully other developments around the country will make up for slow news.

CJ
    Many thanks Cockneyjock for keeping us furnished with news and long range photos during Cycle A. I fear however that from your viewpoint, Cycle B is going to be very difficult for you as all the activity will be taking place at the front of the dry dock rather than near the entrance and of course Super Block 03 is going to be in the way. Mind you Cycle C will be a different matter as the integration of LB04 and LB05 plus all the centre blocks and sponsons above will be very much on view.

Quote Originally Posted by Naval Oldie View Post
    Many thanks Cockneyjock for keeping us furnished with news and long range photos during Cycle A. I fear however that from your viewpoint, Cycle B is going to be very difficult for you as all the activity will be taking place at the front of the dry dock rather than near the entrance and of course Super Block 03 is going to be in the way. Mind you Cycle C will be a different matter as the integration of LB04 and LB05 plus all the centre blocks and sponsons above will be very much on view.
    Cheers naval oldie, don't worry it's in hand forth road bridge is open to foot passengers going to take them from there, obviously with liquid refreshments

obviously with liquid refreshments
    I'm all for that!