Thread: Queen Elizabeth Class Aircraft Carriers - News and Discussion

Some photos taken this morning. Best quality I can get with my camera and the distance.
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

Quote Originally Posted by SKB View Post
    @Geoff_B

Actually I told gadgetman100 that Suricata was better qualified to make a 3d model, as he's waaaaaay more qualified to do that kind of stuff than I am. I had already made my own QE 3d model last December and had just recently updated it with a new island seeing as I had long forgotton about and neglected it. Showed it today, then deleted it. I'm not having my hard work and effort casually stolen and posted around at whim by other people just to score Brownie/popularity points on Facebook.
    Hey everybody can I have your attention please! I have NOT posted any images of SKB work on the web as she has already said earlier she would not like her work posted and of course I respect that ! I have spoken to other members of this forum and they say they would make a good image for me and wouldn't mind it being shared.
    Also SKB I wouldn't say it is popularity points, it would merely be sharing the work to a wider audience and informing people how far the construction of the carrier is

Quote Originally Posted by skca54 View Post
    Some photos taken this morning. Best quality I can get with my camera and the distance.
    Nice shots

Look at all those lovely sponsons stored beside the Babcock shed. There's at least three there, I think I recognise SP09 and SP11.

Thanks for photo's, "Cockney skca54"

Btw, is it impossible to photograph the portside from that position?

Thank you for the photos skca54...

Look at all those lovely sponsons stored beside the Babcock shed. There's at least three there, I think I recognise SP09 and SP11.

Thanks for photo's, "Cockney skca54"

Btw, is it impossible to photograph the portside from that position?
    Not from there. I am trying to see if I can get shots of the port side but not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by jonas View Post
    It would appear that we are getting very 'precious' on the thread. Shame really,as there is so much information it seems a pity not to share it with other people who may be like minded,but have only just discovered us.

Some of the recent bickering we can get elsewhere,so can we drop this 'we are an elite fan club' sort of attitude and share !!
    Precious doesn't quite cover it. The ego's and self indulgence appearing in this thread is getting silly now.

People might well be contributing and thank you for that, but it doesn't automatically elevate you in prestige or importance.

You're still a member of these boards just like everyone else. Respect and a little dignity would go a long way right now....

Quote Originally Posted by O5C4R View Post
    Precious doesn't quite cover it. The ego's and self indulgence appearing in this thread is getting silly now.

People might well be contributing and thank you for that, but it doesn't automatically elevate you in prestige or importance.

You're still a member of these boards just like everyone else. Respect and a little dignity would go a long way right now....
    Quite so. Some people need to get over themselves a bit....

My Response.

I created a 3D model of QE in December 2012, I did not make it specifically for anyone else, it was a hobby project to see if I could do a 3d version of my Assembly Diagram for myself. I built it and posted some images here for people to look at.

Until recently, I had forgotten about and neglected to continue the model until gadgetman100 recently reminded me of it. I posted an image of the model and he asked me for permission to use the image to which I said no, and then I suggested to him that Suricata was far more able to make a higher quality model than I ever could.

Then as the model had been brought to my attention again, I decided to to try to rebuild the island to make it look more realistic than how it had been. After the rebuild was completed and I was feeling pleased with my effort, I posted a new image of my edit to show to the people here how it had been improved. Once again, I was asked for permission to use the image. I said no.

Despite that, someone unknown to me copied the image and posted it on Facebook without my permission. I only discovered this whole Facebook incident when I read about it here, [*******#ff0000]after someone else had spotted the image on Facebook and after someone else got it removed.[/COLOR][*******#ff0000][/COLOR][*******#ff0000][/COLOR][*******#ff0000] [/COLOR]I had NOTHING to do with its removal. And yes, I would not have been pleased to find my image there, so thanks to the person who discovered it there and to the person who got it removed.

So stop with the accusations and negative slurs which I feel are being directed at me. This Facebook incident had nothing to do with me. All I'm guilty of is posting MY images here.

Now can we get back to talking and discussing about the ship please?
    Last edited by SKB; 04-06-2013 at 10:42 PM.

Gadgetman you can use my model if you want and I don't care what you do with it.
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

My Response.

I created a 3D model of QE in December 2012, I did not make it specifically for anyone else, it was a hobby project to see if I could do a 3d version of my Assembly Diagram for myself. I built it and posted some images here for people to look at.

Until recently, I had forgotten about and neglected to continue the model until gadgetman100 recently reminded me of it. I posted an image of the model and he asked me for permission to use the image to which I said no, and then I suggested to him that Suricata was far more able to make a higher quality model than I ever could.

Then as the model had been brought to my attention again, I decided to to try to rebuild the island to make it look more realistic than how it had been. After the rebuild was completed and I was feeling pleased with my effort, I posted a new image of my edit to show to the people here how it had been improved. Once again, I was asked for permission to use the image. I said no.

Despite that, someone unknown to me copied the image and posted it on Facebook without my permission. I only discovered this whole Facebook incident when I read about it here, [*******#ff0000]after someone else had spotted the image on Facebook and after someone else got it removed.[/COLOR][*******#ff0000][/COLOR][*******#ff0000][/COLOR][*******#ff0000] [/COLOR]I had NOTHING to do with its removal. And yes, I would not have been pleased to find my image there, so thanks to the person who discovered it there and to the person who got it removed.

So stop with the accusations and negative slurs which I feel are being directed at me. This Facebook incident had nothing to do with me. All I'm guilty of is posting MY images here.

Now can we get back to talking and discussing about the ship please?
    We'd love to if we can get past the copyright arguments. If you post stuff on the internet, you can expect it to be looked at and sometimes copied. If you don't like it, then don't post it, or protect it properly. I see you've removed your work. That is your prerogative, but let's keep the "it's my ball" discussions to ourselves. This thread has wandered off badly into the realms of petty arguments and has completely lost its credibility because of stuff like this.

Anyone got a good guesstimate for when Queen Elizabeth will be sailing into Portsmouth harbour for the first time? I wonder if they'll put that dummy F-35 on her. Would love to be on the round tower watching her sail in.

Quote Originally Posted by hovematlot View Post
    Anyone got a good guesstimate for when Queen Elizabeth will be sailing into Portsmouth harbour for the first time? I wonder if they'll put that dummy F-35 on her. Would love to be on the round tower watching her sail in.
    Dunno mate. I plan to be nearby in my Kayak! Looking forward to it.

My apologies if this has been shared before.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...30-d5ec7ch.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCD95 View Post
    My apologies if this has been shared before.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...30-d5ec7ch.jpg
    Nice... I note that the QE is depicted in CATOBAR layout. Interesting that the person who produced this image defines CATOBAR as Catapult Assisted Take Off, BARRIER Assisted Recovery? Odd...