Page 19 of 279 FirstFirst ... 911121314151617181920212223242526272969119 ... LastLast

Thread: The United States Marine Corps

Quote Originally Posted by khalifah View Post
    I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you **** with me, I'll kill you all.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by khalifah View Post
    I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you **** with me, I'll kill you all.

Status on my facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    AC wings and Combat AC wings are not to be worn together. Combat AC wings are an "upgrade" to regular AC wings. Aviator and AC wings represent totally different wings.

So that MSgt is messed up.
    Thats what I thought--As a former M/sgt myself, I know his type-"I am a Top , I know it all" shoot, as I got older I realised how much I didn't know..I was always open to ideas from the troops..

The UH-1Y Venom (love that name):

-Sir, there might be a problem.....

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodMarine View Post
    Say what!? You speaking in a coded message?
    What will replace the Huey?

nice pics!thank´s

Quote Originally Posted by Cava View Post
    What will replace the Huey?
    Did you look at the last post I made, Cava? The UH-1Y Venom will be an upgrade of the venerable UH-1N.

Default Drill Instructors

MARINE CORPS RECRUIT DEPOT, PARRIS ISLAND, SOUTH CAROLINA (7 March 2007) — Senior drill instructor SSgt. Hugo Cherena of Waterbury, Connecticut addresses his recruits.

MARINE CORPS RECRUIT DEPOT, PARRIS ISLAND, SOUTH CAROLINA (7 March 2007) — Senior drill instructor SSgt. Hugo Cherena inspects his recruits for injuries. Recruits are inspected every evening for any for cuts, scrapes, insect bites or other injuries that may have occurred during the day's training.

MARINE CORPS RECRUIT DEPOT, PARRIS ISLAND, SOUTH CAROLINA (8 March 2007) — A Marine Corps drill instructor watches recruits on the parade deck.

SAINT CLOUD, MINNESOTA (10 March 2007) — Drill instructor SSgt. Jorge Galvan yells at poolies during a family day event at the Whitney Senior Center. Drill instructors from California were flown in to give poolies and family members an idea of what life will be like during the first days of recruit training in the Marine Corps. Most of the poolies are taking part in the delayed entry program (DEP).

MARINE CORPS RECRUIT DEPOT, SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA (9 August 2007) — Drill instructor SSgt. Adrian Ron, Platoon 2121, Company F, motivates a recruit to speak louder and move faster.

MARINE CORPS RECRUIT DEPOT, PARRIS ISLAND, SOUTH CAROLINA (14 September 2007) — Senior drill instructor Sgt. Kenneth Morgan, Platoon 3078, Lima Company, 3rd Recruit Training Battalion, inspects his squadbay as his recruits stand on line before they hit the rack for lights out.

WATERLOO, IOWA (12 March 2009) — Drill instructor Sgt. Gregory Widmar, instructs poolies in a boot camp simulation given for parents and family members at the U.S. Marine Corps Recruiting Substation Cedar Falls and Cedar Rapids Family Night event held at the Waterloo Center for the Arts.

NEWPORT, RHODE ISLAND (27 October 2009) — GySgt. Allen F. Fowler keeps a watchful eye on his class of officer candidates during the ceremonial parade. Gunny Fowler served as the class drill instructor.

I would absolutely love to meet one of these guys IRL to have a drink and see what they're like away from the barracks.

Thanks for your effort.

Quote Originally Posted by v-twin View Post
    I would absolutely love to meet one of these guys IRL to have a drink and see what they're like away from the barracks.

Thanks for your effort.
    I've actually run into all of my DI's a few years after boot camp. It was pretty intimidating at first, but in general they are pretty cool guys on the outside.

Quote Originally Posted by KEEPER0311 View Post
    I've actually run into all of my DI's a few years after boot camp. It was pretty intimidating at first, but in general they are pretty cool guys on the outside.

The Corps has the way boot camp needs to go and how DI needs to be to make Marine very well figured out. Part of the Job of DI, is preforming as a DI should. Inside they are just regular Marines doing their job. It takes a while for a boot to figure that out. Heck if he stays in long enough, he may be the DI that his boots are trying to figure out.

Default Drill Instructors

Hurry up and wait.

After field day

when you meet the person who has yelled at you for over two month time frame later in life you still get that feeling when you hear the person voice oh crap i done something wrong ..

but after the basic training or boot camp you learn that they are regular people just like you..and they have familys and kids and other things that makes them human ,,

my drill sergeant lived three house down from me on one post ..how i knew this was that he knocked my door and ask my wife if i was going to a section of base in the morning and could catch a ride for his truck had broken down and was in shop for repair ..

my wife called me to the front door and i had this look on my face like you f---wad ...my wife ask me what was wrong and i told her .. he was my fromer drill sergeant in basic training ..he did not even remember me when i told him that he was drill sergeant ..he came back with our group picture and showed my wife the group photo of all us that was take dureing basic training..

i found out that he was a just a regular guy doing a job and after a few weeks of rideing togerther we would talk about the boot camp and some of the things that came up ..he would laugh and say that things where screwed up as regular way of life..

when i left the post ..he was going back to beening a drill sergeant for him and his wife like the hours and he was never left the area where she had family ..