Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: IDF recruits - we won't evacuate settlement

A small country that makes a lot of noise

Default IDF recruits - we won't evacuate settlement

[FONT=Arial]The military announced Friday it would punish recruits from the Kfir Brigade who waved banners saying they would refuse to evacuate the Homesh settlement if they would be ordered to. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Homesh, south of Jenin, was evacuated several times, each time resettled. It has become a symbol of settler defiance in the face of the government. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Kadima MK and Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee member Nachman Shai on Friday sent a letter to Defense Minister Ehud Barak where he wrote that "the soldiers of the Kfir Brigade placed a serious challenge to the IDF yesterday. They announced they would refuse orders to evacuate a settlement if the order would be made. The IDF has no room for soldiers who refuse to carry out orders, and I expect that as the defense minister you will instruct the chief of general staff to take immediate disciplinary measures against [these soldiers] in order to clarify that Israel is a state governed by law and soldiers must also obey the law." [/FONT]

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull

Quote Originally Posted by GiladS View Post
    [FONT=Arial]The military announced Friday it would punish recruits from the Kfir Brigade who waved banners saying they would refuse to evacuate the Homesh settlement if they would be ordered to. [/FONT]

... snip ...
    [FONT=Arial][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]A good decision by the IDF.[/FONT]

Seems like it wasn't more than a handful who did this.

Jail and kick them from combat activity, if they put conditions on what they'll do or not in their "combat service" they have no place there.

Quote Originally Posted by zzez View Post
    Jail and kick them from combat activity, if they put conditions on what they'll do or not in their "combat service" they have no place there.
    Not condoning what they did but some would argue that the IDF shouldn't be tasked to do this.

Does "combat service" necessarily mean carrying out operations that the Police should be doing?

Scuttling between Amsterdam and Marseille

My opinion is soldiers shouldn't judge orders based on their political views. This doesn't mean the political decisions are right.

Not condoning what they did but some would argue that the IDF shouldn't be tasked to do this.

Does "combat service" necessarily mean carrying out operations that the Police should be doing?

End of the day they are soldiers, they have orders and they are required to be followed....
    I also don't think the IDF should be tasked with defending settlers but that doesn't mean I'll refuse to do it[just a example of another political task]

Why are IDF soldiers being used for a police action against it's own citizens?

I also don't think the IDF should be tasked with defending settlers but that doesn't mean I'll refuse to do it[just a example of another political task]
    The country is responsible for protecting its citizens, that's why the IDF is tasked with defending them.

If the country believe the settlers are doing something illegal then the police should be tasked with removing them.

The Garlic Fields of Transylvania, Romania.

Its time these recruits learnt their place in the military formation, its at the very bottom, lower than a snakes d i c k on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Connaught Ranger View Post
    Its time these recruits learnt their place in the military formation, its at the very bottom, lower than a snakes d i c k s on the ground.
    Snakes have two *****'s.

The country is responsible for protecting its citizens, that's why the IDF is tasked with defending them.

If the country believe the settlers are doing something illegal then the police should be tasked with removing them.
    The question is how far are we supposed to protect them, are we supposed to protect them when they setup roadblocks and stone passing Palestinian vehicles?or when they go axe cutting olive plantations?thats just a example to show my point - a political order is still a order and must be done even if you think its outside your area of responsibility, your still a soldier and you will do as told[within the legal context ofcourse..]

Than why was i guarding illegal outposts? just like i disagreed with that mission, but done it on the best side, non the less, so should soldiers behave when they are taksed to remove such outposts, wheter they agree with it or not. end of story.

The question is how far are we supposed to protect them, are we supposed to protect them when they setup roadblocks and stone passing Palestinian vehicles?or when they go axe cutting olive plantations?
    The IDF isn't and shouldn't stand behind such actions, but just as I mentioned... confronting Israeli citizens over illigal actions is the police's responsibility while protecting them from hostile elements is the IDF's responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by tanks_alot View Post
    Than why was i guarding illegal outposts? just like i disagreed with that mission, but done it on the best side, non the less, so should soldiers behave when they are taksed to remove such outposts, wheter they agree with it or not. end of story.

As I wrote in one of my previous posts:

If the country believes the settlers are doing something illegal then the police should be tasked with removing them.