Page 55 of 77 FirstFirst ... 545474849505152535455565758596061626365 ... LastLast

Thread: Argentina Armed Forces thread

Rocketing again !

Gradicom II

Quote Originally Posted by Panzerknacker View Post

What vehicle is this one? Is it a VCTP as the hull seems of a TAM?

Yes, VCTP with the funky remote control machine gun fitted in the rear.

Just wanted to say the TAM is cool. If we never get heavy tanks I'd settle for some of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbs View Post
    Yes, VCTP with the funky remote control machine gun fitted in the rear.
    Thanks mate!

Amigos

Tender calls for the repair of the second Super Puma helicopter of the Argentine Army, the first already in France

http://argendef.blogspot.com/2012/02...racion-de.html

Panzerknacker

Here they see marine ARA Muratore with FN FAL , see that one is made ​​in Belgium 26-02-2012

28-02-2012 Rosario

Saludos

Buenos Aires in body, the beautiful and green Sharon in my heart

indeed.

For the not in the know, the Le Maire straits is between Tierra del Fuego y Los Estados. Creppy place.....

Cadets of the Naval Academy in practice in Rosario Argentina

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lto5RzahME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BfOy...eature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pvgD...eature=channel

The gun is a Mauser 1891

Photos I take a friend of the naval base Mar Del Plata

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge II, post: 1139908, member: 5614
    Este helo visitó el sabado la EAA 2012

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Moron 2009

CaCdos

Amigos

The ARA has in service 3 Chcrokee class ships (ATF-113) that despite his age still giving good service

Here photos of ARA SubOficial Castillo A-6 in the work I do in these last months Antarctica

www.gacetamarinera.com.ar

Saludos

PD:

Here the ARA Sobral during maintenance work

Quote Originally Posted by facundo View Post

I´d love to live there; put on paper I´ll be alone and I´ll move for free !

Today it´s April 2nd; I´d like we all to take one minute to honor the fallen in 1982.
    Veterans deserve respect, recognition and gratittude for their sacrifice in spite of the reasons behind the decisions that lead to any armed conflict.

Banned user

Hi all , nice photos respect from Croatia - brotherly country what I like to say often hehe. I have one question for Argentinian members , to be honest I'm not very well informed about Argentina armed forces because I don't follow news about your army. But I would like to ask when Argentina plans to buy new fighter jets ? I just watched this list

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argentine_Air_Force

And as we can see most of Argentina's multirole combat jets are pretty much inferior towards modern generation of combat jets and most of them dating from 70's and 80's. Argentina is a country of 2,791,810 km2 and it's very big , also it has pretty large population and economy that is growing every year faster and faster. So it doesn't have any logic for me that you don't have few strong squadron made of about 100-200 SU-30, SU-35, F-16, F-15 or some other new generation multirole combat jet, which is minimum for country of so hugeee territory. Also Argentina is country that had war experience before 30 years and it still today has some "foreign policy instability" because of Falkland Islands.
    I think Argentina definitely deserve much much more when we talk about its air force and army at all.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorVP View Post
    Hi all , nice photos respect from Croatia - brotherly country what I like to say often hehe. I have one question for Argentinian members , to be honest I'm not very well informed about Argentina armed forces because I don't follow news about your army. But I would like to ask when Argentina plans to buy new fighter jets ? I just watched this list

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argentine_Air_Force

And as we can see most of Argentina's multirole combat jets are pretty much inferior towards modern generation of combat jets and most of them dating from 70's and 80's. Argentina is a country of 2,791,810 km2 and it's very big , also it has pretty large population and economy that is growing every year faster and faster. So it doesn't have any logic for me that you don't have few strong squadron made of about 100-200 SU-30, SU-35, F-16, F-15 or some other new generation multirole combat jet, which is minimum for country of so hugeee territory. Also Argentina is country that had war experience before 30 years and it still today has some "foreign policy instability" because of Falkland Islands.
    I think Argentina definitely deserve much much more when we talk about its air force and army at all.

Thanks.
    Ahhh !!! that´s what we all are wondering here, Mr !

Don´t expect logic when it comes to why our armed forces are like they are nowadays; it´s a matter of irrationality, bad decisions, a lot of political bs, and who knows what else.

The only actual announcements about planes are the production of more "Pampas" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FMA_IA_63_Pampa), 40 of them.

As for fighters, and as far as I know, there are no specific plans to buy any. It´s being discussed, suggested, and speculated about F-16s, Mirage 2000 (the Air Force favorite), Kfirs, but nothing for sure so far.

MajorVP

It's all politics. Were received in the last 10 years deals, some several times:

- 12 Mirage F-1EDA of Spain
    - 24 F-16A / B Block 15 of U.S.
    - 10 Mirage 2000C / B France
    - X Kfir of Israel
    - 12 Mirage F-1M of Spain
    - 14 Mirage F-1EJ of Jordan
    - X Atlas Cheeth C of South Africa

In a few days the defense minister travels to South Africa and there would come a new range of Atlas Cheeth C. But maybe the Mirage aircraft from dropping without replacement or that are AT-63 Pampa II or A-4AR that are in reserve

Saludos