Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112131415161718192022 ... LastLast

Thread: Cuban Military pictures

Dividing my time between the far east and the east coast.

Quote Originally Posted by MareCar View Post
    No. A tank has not to be dug into the ground and covered to be invisible to aircraft. They can even operate or be deployed in defensive positions and still be invisible to aircraft.
    I dunno, I'm not buying it. Certainly camouflage may increase their survivability, but any Cuban tank would be playing against the clock, imho. You can't not maneuver and be effective, and you can't manuever and hope you'll never be spotted.

Quote Originally Posted by SBL View Post
    I dunno, I'm not buying it. Certainly camouflage may increase their survivability, but any Cuban tank would be playing against the clock, imho. You can't not maneuver and be effective, and you can't manuever and hope you'll never be spotted.
    As I showed you, there are cases where armies fought a war on the ground while being targeted from the air almost round the clock for 10 weeks without getting heavy losses, due to the low number of hits in regard to the high number of units deployed (14 to 1000) you may even go as far to say that the tanks that got hit were lucky shots for the pilots. What you think is based on what you experienced from the Iraq war, but that is a totally different case, like comparing sniper effectivity on hitting a target on a free field with hitting a target in the forrest. You can buy it or not, I know it is possible to be invisible without having your hands tied.

Quote Originally Posted by MareCar View Post
    See, it's not as easy as some TV shows or Internet-Forums make it to be.

Take this for example of a realistic war (no open desert shooting range)
    In 1999, a fleet of around 1000 NATO aircraft were involved in the bombing of Yugoslavia for 10 weeks. Despite around 700-1000 tanks on the ground (not counting other armored vehicles, only around 13-14 armored vehicles (tanks including other kinds of armored vehicles, such as IFV) were destroyed, and some of them by insurgents. Out of 191 Airplanes (including transporters, trainers etc), 113 survived the bombing. Out of 125 helicopters, 90 survived the bombing. As you see, there is a good chance to hide your equipment from a bombardement if you have the right environment, maybe even to the point where it becomes unprofitable for the bombing nation to fly sorties without doing damage to you. And if a ground invasion starts, you'll surprise them by pulling out an intact army. I wouldn't underestimate the cubans only because their equipment is not new, they have other factors and tactics to make up for it.
    What you fail to realize is that there is a difference between an all out Air Campaign designed to destroy the enemy and the 99 campaign designed to make one side disengage from the Battlefield. Technology in UAV & Thermal Imaging/Targeting have leaped ahead since then as but 2 examples. And Cuba, while having Soldiers as Brave as any other country is at a Distinct disadvantage in Technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Linedoggie View Post
    What you fail to realize is that there is a difference between an all out Air Campaign designed to destroy the enemy and the 99 campaign designed to make one side disengage from the Battlefield.
    A campaign including a thousand airplanes bombing everything they can get in their sights is an all out air campaign, and if they could they would've destroyed more tanks, or do you really think they wouldn't have bombed some tanks when they even bombed every decoy that was set up several times?

Technology in UAV & Thermal Imaging/Targeting have leaped ahead since then as but 2 examples. And Cuba, while having Soldiers as Brave as any other country is at a Distinct disadvantage in Technology.
    Not really, we're not talking about 1990 here but 1999, Predator UAVs were in use back then as well as all sorts of guided-ammunition together with dozens of spotters on the ground. Didn't help much either. It is easy to say afterwards a fail that you didn't really want to fight or hurt someone, but 11 weeks, a carrier group, all sorts of stealth bombers, tomahawks and a thousand planes say otherwise and everyone who remembers the times back then and all the press briefings in which Wesley Clark bragged about their success and the hundreds of tanks and other equipment they allegedly destroyed, knows that they weren't playing. And everyone who knows what has been bombed after some time out of frustration because of the lack of military targets knows the campaign was not limited to anything. But of course you can say whatever you want afterwards...

Point is, you're all underestimating the Cubans...or overestimating yourselves, whatever it is, it's not as easy as some of you think it would be.

You keep holding onto that Rainbow Jefe. I Know where the Tech has improved. If you want to believe that 99 was the best NATO could do And wasnt constrained, good for you.

Oh by the way, Wes Clark would brag about anything to posture himself in the spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear_Warrior View Post

is that a fencer?
    no
    it's MiG-23ML or MiG-23MLD (FLOGGER)
    FENCER is Su-24 - I don't know about him on Cuba

Quote Originally Posted by pride View Post

Anti-ship Pechora system on exercise:

It's not Pechora
    And I think that it's something chinese

Hi guys!
    I want to find some information about cuban SCUDs
    I know that in 1970-x some of cuban officers learned on 9K72 SCUD-B in USSR
    But I haven't information about SCUDs on armament in Cuba
    Can you help me?

Thank you!..

Banned user

Nuclear Warrior, that is indeed a Flogger. Cuba has never operated the Fencer. In fact I don't think they ever operated a Sukhoi product in terms of combat aircraft.

One interesting article that I remember seeing from many many years ago (ok about fourteen years ago...not that old lol), was about the state of the Cuban Air Force after the Soviet Union had collaped. One photo that has stuck in my mind and which I have been trying to find on net ever since was the back end of a Cuban Bear bomber sitting in a run down hanger. If I remember correctly, the article stated that this was a Russian Bear flying with Cuban markings much like Libyan Blinders did over the Med'.
    If my memory serves it was an issue of Air Forces Monthly from roughly (given the time period) 1992, this was an old issue I picked up from a used book store that sold back issues of various magazines.

Sadly, and before anyone demands this, I have been unable to verify that Russian Bears were ever stationed in Cuba. I am unaware of what model it was (could have been a Beaf-Foxtrot) but I do remember the Fin Flash being very clear but a little worn.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by DIMMI View Post
    Hi guys!
    I want to find some information about cuban SCUDs
    I know that in 1970-x some of cuban officers learned on 9K72 SCUD-B in USSR
    But I haven't information about SCUDs on armament in Cuba
    Can you help me?

Thank you!..
    They don't have SCUDs now. But in the past? Don't have idea

In 1989 Cuba was the 2º military power in America after 1991 they lose about their 60% of their military power may be more..

but today in Sport Cuba always had the 2º place in America after US

Another pic from Cuban Mig-23

Get new pics here

http://www.militar.org.ua/foro/manio...on-t23511.html

Other pics from military exercise "Bastion 2009"

Militia (MTT):

----

Making Canadians look bad sepheronx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Linedoggie View Post
    What you fail to realize is that there is a difference between an all out Air Campaign designed to destroy the enemy and the 99 campaign designed to make one side disengage from the Battlefield. Technology in UAV & Thermal Imaging/Targeting have leaped ahead since then as but 2 examples. And Cuba, while having Soldiers as Brave as any other country is at a Distinct disadvantage in Technology.
    what about those sheets that Russia uses to hide thermal signature to their equipment? There where pictures shown on T-72BM.