Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213141516171819202123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cuban Military pictures

Banned user

Originally Posted by Rezaig

This is an interesting vehicle, it bears a close resemblance to the South African/Rhodesian mine protected vehicles (Nyala, mamba).
    Could it be Cuban the designers were inspired by them during the war in Angola?

Dear Sato, you are right.

my cuban friend said to me that this MRAP (Mine Resistant Ambush Protected) is 100% locally made and don't have a name.
    This is a 4x4 armored vehicle supplied only to Tropas Especiales and Infanteria de Marina.
    Weighs approximately 5/6t
    Configuration: 2 + 8
    His quantity is impossible to know. We can only guess a slow but steady spread into the Armed Forces (in relation to annual budget available for the armed forces).
    This MRAP is also configured as a C2, command and control.

The veichle would come from cuban african experiences, especially Angola. It's similar to the South African models (Mamba for example).

This is the only onfo i have about this nice cuban MRAP.

Banned user

Another view of this MRAP:

Marina de Guerra Revolucionaria.

Banned user

Nov. 2009, Cuba. Soldiers during military exercise called "Bastion 2009". The Revolutionary Armed Forces (FAR) will carry out maneuvers, tactic exercises, management of troops and forces, artillery practices, aviation flights, and other actions.

Quote Originally Posted by pride View Post
    Dear Sato, you are right.

my cuban friend said to me that this MRAP (Mine Resistant Ambush Protected) is 100% locally made and don't have a name.
    This is a 4x4 armored vehicle supplied only to Tropas Especiales and Infanteria de Marina.
    Weighs approximately 5/6t
    Configuration: 2 + 8
    His quantity is impossible to know. We can only guess a slow but steady spread into the Armed Forces (in relation to annual budget available for the armed forces).
    This MRAP is also configured as a C2, command and control.

The veichle would come from cuban african experiences, especially Angola. It's similar to the South African models (Mamba for example).

This is the only onfo i have about this nice cuban MRAP.
    You can add this vehicle is based on GAZ-66 chassis, so the engine must be a 115hp gazoline.

Banned user

exactly, probably you're right about chassis and engine.

My friend told me: "...this MRAP is based on a 4x4 chassis (perhaps GAZ-66 or similar) but i don't have info about the engine"

Banned user

Nov. 2009. military exercise "Bastion 2009". The military exercise, Cuba's largest in five years and the first since Barack Obama's inauguration in January begins Thursday through Saturday, followed by Sunday's armed forces day to be marked nationwide.

Banned user

Bastion 2009

Banned user

Nov. 2009. "The Bastion-2009 strategic exercises will be held through the country on November 26-28 as part of a program aimed at strengthening Cuba's defense capability," the ministry said in a statement on Monday.

Banned user

Banned user

Last pics of "Bastion 2009":

Banned user

Cuba, 2008. 1st year Cadets of the Military school "Camilo Cienfuegos" in La Habana

Banned user

Cuba, 2009. Police on the streets of the "Malecòn", La Habana

Cuba, 2006. Cuban war veterans carring national flags during a military parade on Revolution Place

Cuba, 2009. Interior Minister soldier take a moment to relax himself near the sea, La Habana

Cuba, 2004. Cuban soldiers on the streets of La Habana

Cuba, 2006. Members of "Brigada Especial Nacional" - MININT during preparation of a military parade

Quote Originally Posted by arcadian View Post
    Nuclear Warrior, that is indeed a Flogger. Cuba has never operated the Fencer. In fact I don't think they ever operated a Sukhoi product in terms of combat aircraft.

One interesting article that I remember seeing from many many years ago (ok about fourteen years ago...not that old lol), was about the state of the Cuban Air Force after the Soviet Union had collaped. One photo that has stuck in my mind and which I have been trying to find on net ever since was the back end of a Cuban Bear bomber sitting in a run down hanger. If I remember correctly, the article stated that this was a Russian Bear flying with Cuban markings much like Libyan Blinders did over the Med'.
    If my memory serves it was an issue of Air Forces Monthly from roughly (given the time period) 1992, this was an old issue I picked up from a used book store that sold back issues of various magazines.

Sadly, and before anyone demands this, I have been unable to verify that Russian Bears were ever stationed in Cuba. I am unaware of what model it was (could have been a Beaf-Foxtrot) but I do remember the Fin Flash being very clear but a little worn.
    Very interesting I hope someone can track that photo down!

Mig-21

Mig-23 Flogger
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

Banned user

These are the actual Fuerza Aerea Revolucionaria planes:

[IMG]http://i46.*******.com/30w5nogdotjpg[/IMG]

Good friend's website about cuban military: http://urrib2000.narod.ru/