Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15171819202122232425

Thread: Every Day Carry

Quote Originally Posted by wiking View Post
    Heresy, i know, but perhaps the solution to the beer belly 'issue' could be, less beer?
    I am pretty sure if humans dont ingest a six-pack a day, we die...

Oregon looks so beautiful, I've wanted to move there since I was 13. I love the nature out there. Michigan has some pretty good hiking, always wanted to go on a hike long enough where I might need a gun, but my concern is more bears. So I'd need something bigger than an uzi.

the internet is serious business! Ought Six's Avatar

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post

Oregon looks so beautiful, I've wanted to move there since I was 13. I love the nature out there. Michigan has some pretty good hiking, always wanted to go on a hike long enough where I might need a gun, but my concern is more bears. So I'd need something bigger than an uzi.
    That is why I carry the 10mm Glock. Loaded with Double Tap rounds, it will put out a 200 grain Hornady XTP controlled expansion hollowpoint at nearly 1200 fps. That is pretty close to the same ballistics as a .41 mag factory load. A good remedy for a pissed-off black bear.

Zune Free At Last FlintHillBilly's Avatar

I have a Maxpedition Falcon II backpack that I carry every day either to work or while hiking.

I also have the Maxpedition Proteus versipack that can either be carried by a handle or worn like a man purse around the waist. It can hold either my Sig P238 or my 1911. Too lazy at the moment to snap some photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ought Six View Post
    That is why I carry the 10mm Glock. Loaded with Double Tap rounds, it will put out a 200 grain Hornady XTP controlled expansion hollowpoint at nearly 1200 fps. That is pretty close to the same ballistics as a .41 mag factory load. A good remedy for a pissed-off black bear.
    Indeed, 9mm leaves something to be desired, even with the +p hollowpoints I load in my mags. I recently acquired a Marlin .45-70 Guidegun which makes a nice trail carbine, but the Uzi is better to conceal behind my Maxpetition Gearslinger and deploy quickly. I'd love to have one of the semi-auto Uzis in .45 ACP.

My daughter, with the Guidegun.

Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

the internet is serious business! Ought Six's Avatar

Arrow

I was just looking at a .450 Marlin 1894 Guide Gun at a gun shop today. Tempting, but not high enough on my priority list.

My backyard was a berry farm a few decades back, and last August when I was working from home I saw a 300+ pound black bear in my front yard, presumably drawn by the ripe berries. I also found lots of bear scat in my backyard. That time of year, I carry the Glock 10mm around the property and keep my Benelli 12 gauge M1 Super 90 handy loaded with Brenneke slugs. It worries me because there are lots of kids riding their bikes and walking on the road, and when I saw the bear he disappeared right up my driveway heading for the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Ought Six View Post
    I was just looking at a .450 Marlin 1894 Guide Gun at a gun shop today. Tempting, but not high enough on my priority list.

My backyard was a berry farm a few decades back, and last August when I was working from home I saw a 300+ pound black bear in my front yard, presumably drawn by the ripe berries. I also found lots of bear scat in my backyard. That time of year, I carry the Glock 10mm around the property and keep my Benelli 12 gauge M1 Super 90 handy loaded with Brenneke slugs. It worries me because there are lots of kids riding their bikes and walking on the road, and when I saw the bear he disappeared right up my driveway heading for the road.
    perhaps time to do some population controll on the bears when hunting season comes around?