Page 19 of 86 FirstFirst ... 911121314151617181920212223242526272969 ... LastLast

Thread: New Frigates for the Royal Navy - Type 26

Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy

What about the F class? Fearless, Fortitude, Formidable, Focus, Furious, Fighter, Fain, Flinty, Foison, Foudroyant, Fructuous, Fulgour, Furibund, Fair, Falmouth, Falkirk, Falklands ( ) etc
    Last edited by NovocastrianUK; 02-26-2012 at 03:53 AM. Reason: Added a few more

Quote Originally Posted by jonas View Post
    I know they were destroyers but how about bringing back the 'Battle' class for T26. Battleaxe,Broadsword,Alamain,Dunkirk,Jutland etc.
    Reviving the Battle class names would be great for Type 26 I think, but I doubt in this politically correct age we live in that the powers that be would allow the RN to name ships after battles where we got one over on our now allies on the continent. I'd doubt whether a new Trafalgar would even get signed off today sadly.

Faulty Charisma Chip

Quote Originally Posted by Lawndart View Post
    Reviving the Battle class names would be great for Type 26 I think, but I doubt in this politically correct age we live in that the powers that be would allow the RN to name ships after battles where we got one over on our now allies on the continent. I'd doubt whether a new Trafalgar would even get signed off today sadly.
    Yes you are probably right,being completely non PC myself I didn't even think of that.

Though in these limp wristed liberal times there are some names we could revive without fear of being branded un pc,if we were to get two more T45's we could again use the name Dainty and Delight.

Even better until the 1960's we had twelve 'GAY' class fast patrol boats, including Gay Charger,Gay Archer.Gay Charioteer to name but three, I'm sure they would go down well on the lads and lassies cap tallies (NOT).

[*******#222222][FONT=Verdana]As long as we donít name them after politicians.

The F class sounded good.[/FONT][/COLOR]

As long as they're not named after politicians and no more towns/cities please. Tudor fleet had some brilliantnames: e.g. Golden Hind, Royal Sovereign and Mary Rose.

Jdam1: Brilliant minds think alike

They can call em Tracy,kylie,Candice etc for all i care.Just as long as we get at least 13 and they're a good design and a good spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfah View Post
    As long as they're not named after politicians and no more towns/cities please. Tudor fleet had some brilliantnames: e.g. Golden Hind, Royal Sovereign and Mary Rose.
    You could do like us and name them after famous explorers. I'm sure you have a pretty long list of those.

Some new Battles would be good

Mount Pleasant
    Tumbledown
    Mount Harriet
    Basrah

Quote Originally Posted by Jdam1 View Post
    [*******#222222][FONT=Verdana]As long as we don’t name them after politicians.

The F class sounded good.[/FONT][/COLOR]

When was the last time we named a ship after a politician thats a very American thing to do

Quote Originally Posted by Mablod View Post
    You could do like us and name them after famous explorers. I'm sure you have a pretty long list of those.

I agree, however... RN Survey ships are usually named after explorers. Not always - e.g. Enterprise, Echo.

Antrim,Londonderry,Norfolk,Devonshire,Glamorgan,Hampshire,London,Kent,Fife,Dorsetshire,Surrey,Northumberland,Shropshire

Should name a couple in honor of the communities that build the RN's ships. HMS Glasgow, HMS Portsmouth.

Faulty Charisma Chip

I have a feeling that the March edition of 'Desider' may contain something of particular interest to us !