Thread: X-37B and Micro-satellites...Very interesting presentation

Default X-37B and Micro-satellites...Very interesting presentation

Reason I posted another X-37B thread is to look at an old presentation from the USAF. In it is several very relevant (I feel) slides to the current space mission the SMV is undertaking - not the materials they say they are testing, not the airframe, but what was planned to be fitted inside the X-37B to be used in its missions.

To sum it up, each time the SMV goes up according to this presentation it could carry up to 10 micro satellites. Now look at the slides and see just how damn potent this weapons system is going to be / could be if the relevant micro sats are in development / developed inside the black space programme.

Whole presentation is here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/29577086/Space-Operations

Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

Two very high resolution pics

Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

Senior Member I can't think of a name's Avatar

I think that last slide mention peacekeeper as a launch vehicle? Interesting. The "Blocker" would be hilarious if they pulled that off on say, China. I wish I could hear them whine when it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by I can't think of a name View Post
    I think that last slide mention peacekeeper as a launch vehicle? Interesting. The "Blocker" would be hilarious if they pulled that off on say, China. I wish I could hear them whine when it happens.
    I'd pick 10 juiciest most annoying CHICOM sats and say "What!?!" and feign hurt pride. The blocker is one hell of a way to make sure theres no space debris that can risk your own kit. The grabber is another awesome idea but a bit riskier.

What? Nothing on the space weapons so many medias screamed it could deliver?

Look at the whole presentation, there they are.

In yo guard, about to feed you a #1 elbow.

What would be even cooler is if we actually sent up two of the space UAV's, but everyone thinks there is only one up there. Leave the second up there and see what damage we can wreck

Quote Originally Posted by Nizark View Post
    What would be even cooler is if we actually sent up two of the space UAV's, but everyone thinks there is only one up there. Leave the second up there and see what damage we can wreck
    In your space, swarmin your satellites

well the UFO freaks will be dissapointed to know they been witnessing stuff like this, look how active space is in space shuttle footage, there already are plenty of rovers, mini spy bots and creepers out there made to spy on other spy satellites, even to damage them.

all the nasa ufo footage in my oipinion always has been satellite testing in this area.

X-37 will help in this area for sure, not relying on crews, and im sure it will cost alot less than shuttle missions.

Should be titled space based defence system thwarts off intruder.