Page 4 of 168 FirstFirst 1234567891011121454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Bundeswehr / Military of Germany

Default Exercise Pacemaker 07

[*******black][FONT=Verdana]German Bundeswehr army soldiers [/FONT][/COLOR][*******black][FONT=Verdana]during a joint training exercise with the Austrian Army Called Pacemaker 07.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******black][FONT=Verdana] [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******black][FONT=Verdana]All Photos from the Austrian Army Website [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******black][FONT=Verdana][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******black][FONT=Verdana]

[/FONT][/COLOR]

Default Cross of Honour for Valour

[*******black][FONT=Verdana]Some older photos Cross of Honour for Valour which have been on the daily photos, but i really liked them so thought i would post them on here.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[*******black][FONT=Verdana]The Bundeswehr Cross of Honour for Valour is a new level of the awards of honour of the Bundeswehr, the existing levels being the Medal of Honour, the Bronze Cross of Honour, the Silver Cross of Honour and the Gold Cross of Honour. With this award, Bundeswehr soldiers can be shown appreciation for acts committed in the performance of their duties that are far in excess of the bravery expected.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******black][FONT=Verdana][*******black][FONT=Verdana]The Bundeswehr Cross of Honour for Valour is a new level of the awards of honour of the Bundeswehr, the existing levels being the Medal of Honour, the Bronze Cross of Honour, the Silver Cross of Honour and the Gold Cross of Honour. With this award, Bundeswehr soldiers can be shown appreciation for acts committed in the performance of their duties that are far in excess of the bravery expected.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******black][FONT=Verdana][*******black][FONT=Verdana]German Chancellor Angela Merkel (R) talks to German army Bundeswehr Master Sergeant Henry Lukacs after awarding him the Cross of Honour for Valour in the Chancellery in Berlin July 6, 2009. Lukacs was awarded the cross after rescuing comrades and Afghani children during a life threatening situation while on a tour of duty in Afghanistan. [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******black][FONT=Verdana][*******black][FONT=Verdana]The Honour Cross for Valour is seen on the breast pocket of an officer of German army Bundeswehr after he was awarded the medal in the Chancellery in Berlin July 6, 2009. Four officers were awarded Honorary Crosses on Monday after rescuing comrades and Afghani children during a life threatening situation while on a tour of duty in Kunduz Afghanistan in October 2008. [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

Defender of the Man Code

Jesus giant German's!!
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

Default German Navy Specialized Boarding Force

[*******black][FONT=Verdana]German soldiers of the Specialized Naval Boarding Forces are experts at searching and checking of foreign vessels. They abseil down from the helicopter or go by means of inflatable boats to get on board. In the current missions of the German Navy, they are an essential component.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******black][FONT=Verdana]

[/FONT][/COLOR]

Default Afghanistan

[FONT=Verdana]German Bundeswehr army soldiers of the Delta platoon, 4th company, 391 mechanised infantry battalion part of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) monitor the area during a mine sweeping operation in Chahar Dara in the outskirts of Kunduz, December 13 , 2009.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]A sniffer dog from the German Bundeswehr army military police takes a break during a demonstration for Afghan police officials at the ISAF camp in Kunduz, December 12, 2009.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]German Bundeswehr army soldiers, part of the 401 mechanised infantry battalion of the ISAF Quick Reaction Force (QRF), arrive at the airport in Kunduz December 12 , 2009.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]German Bundeswehr army Colonel Micael Matz, commander of the ISAF Quick Reaction Force (QRF), gestures as he arrives at the airport in Kunduz December 12 , 2009.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT][*******black][FONT=Verdana][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******black][FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]German Bundeswehr army soldiers of the Bravo platoon, 4th company, 391 mechanised infantry battalion part of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) march during a mine sweeping operation in Chahar Dara in the outskirts of Kunduz, December 13 , 2009.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]German Bundeswehr army soldiers of the Bravo platoon, 4th company, 391 mechanised infantry battalion of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) march to provide security during a bridge reconstruction operation in Chahar Dara in the outskirts of Kunduz, December 14, 2009.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]German Bundeswehr army soldiers of the Bravo platoon, 4th company, 391 mechanised infantry battalion part of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) march during a mine sweeping operation in Chahar Dara in the outskirts of Kunduz, December 13 , 2009.[/FONT]
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Default Afghanistan

[FONT=Verdana]German Bundeswehr army soldiers with Echo Company, 401 mechanised infantry battalion of the ISAF Quick Reaction Force (QRF) patrol on the outskirts of Mazar-e-Sharif, north of Kabul, December 10, 2009.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]

[/FONT]

A "**** magnet" cooking....

Fantastic sniper pics on the previus page, and a fantastic thread alltogether!!!

Quote Originally Posted by muck View Post
    That is either I. battalion or II. battalion of the Air Force Infantry Regiment respectively.

There is no proper translation for this unit's designation. In German it is called Objektschutzregiment which would literally translate as "force protection regiment" but there's more than that to their tasks. For example, the regiment is also able to maintain airports in combat zones.

The regiment consists of four battalions, the first of which has three infantry squadrons and a air defense squadron, the second one has three infantry squadrons and a military intelligence squadron whereas the third specializes on explosive ordnance disposal, firefighting and airport clearance as well as maintenance. The fourth battalion is a reserve infantry battalion.
    Thank you for the info, i must admit i didnt know German had a unit like that, and as i am ex RAF regiment myself i thought i new all the countries with similar units the Regiment 1 So again thanks Both for for the info.

You know, at night, that noise in your closet? Thats me!

Some pretty bad ass photos! keep um coming!

Default Ceremony in Berlin

[FONT=Verdana]BERLIN[/FONT][FONT=Verdana] - DECEMBER 03: Soldiers of the German Bundeswehr carry torches in the honourary farewell ceremony for outgoing German Chief of Staff Wolfgang Schneiderhan on December 3, 2009 in Berlin, Germany. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    Last edited by vor033; 05-07-2010 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Added Photos

buck duck huck luck muck puck ruck suck tuck yuck fuuuuuuuu muck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vor033 View Post
    Thank you for the info, i must admit i didnt know German had a unit like that, and as i am ex RAF regiment myself i thought i new all the countries with similar units the Regiment 1 So again thanks Both for for the info.
    You're welcome, and thanks for the terrific pictures.
    The original captions are somewhat misleading though. They're not permanently doing "mine sweeping", an ordinary ied sweep is just a part of every operation outside the bases.

Quote Originally Posted by vor033 View Post
    This is because the Friesland regiment is pretty new, only a few years old.

Default Swearing-in ceremony

[FONT=Verdana]MUNICH[/FONT][FONT=Verdana], GERMANY - JULY 30: Soldiers of the German Bundeswehr attend a swearing-in ceremony for new recruits at Marienplatz on July 30, 2009 in Munich, Germany. 500 recruits took part in the so called "geloebnis" swearing-in ceremony on Thursday in the Bavarian capital.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]

[/FONT]

Default Swearing-in Ceremony - Berlin

[FONT=Verdana]Recruits of German armed forces Bundeswehr and Soldiers of the 3rd and 7th "Wachbataillon" of the German Bundeswehr during a swearing-in ceremony for new recruits in front of the Reichstag building which hosts the German parliament on July 20, 2009 in Berlin on the occasion of the 65th anniversary of the failed attempted assassination on Hitler on July 20, 1944. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]The July 20 plot saw aristocratic army officer Count Claus von Stauffenberg place a bomb at Hitler's headquarters in East Prussia, in present day Poland. Von Stauffenberg and several others were executed shortly afterwards in the courtyard of the Bendlerblock, still part of the defence ministry.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]

[/FONT]

Default I just liked this Photo so thought i would post it.

[FONT=Verdana]A soldier of the German Bundeswehr wears the Medal of Honour for Bravery that he had just received from German Chancellor Angela Merkel at a ceremony at the Chancellery on July 6, 2009 in Berlin, Germany. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]