Page 20 of 156 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161718192021222324252627283070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Bundeswehr / Military of Germany

No is a M-16, is a Colt Diemaco C-7.-

Pics of our two new A319 CJ, 15+01 and 15+02

buck duck huck luck muck puck ruck suck tuck yuck fuuuuuuuu muck's Avatar

77 million EUR per unit... Yehaaa.
    I'd rather have my tax money spent on proper maintenance of the real armed forces and let the schmucks over at Berlin fly Lufthansa instead.

there is no DVD night on the strike team!

Quote Originally Posted by muck View Post
    77 million EUR per unit... Yehaaa.
    I'd rather have my tax money spent on proper maintenance of the real armed forces and let the schmucks over at Berlin fly Lufthansa instead.
    scheiss buisness-rum-gekasperle......

Well, two brand new A319 CJ in VIP configuration with secured communication systems and additional fuel tanks, as well as the possibility to use them as MedEvac transports ain't cheap.

buck duck huck luck muck puck ruck suck tuck yuck fuuuuuuuu muck's Avatar

Don't get me wrong. The Chancellor is the head of government and she is certainly entitled to special transportation. But why is the whole rest of the crew either? Why can even undersecretaries of state and parliamentarians use them? If it wasn't for this rule, they wouldn't need such a big VIP transportation wing.

Quote Originally Posted by muck View Post
    Don't get me wrong. The Chancellor is the head of government and she is certainly entitled to special transportation. But why is the whole rest of the crew either? Why can even undersecretaries of state and parliamentarians use them? If it wasn't for this rule, they wouldn't need such a big VIP transportation wing.
    Big? Compared to even smaller countries the German Flugbereitschaft is pretty small. When the A340 are in service 3 of 7 A310 will be sold or decomissioned and the other older types like the Challenger will be replaced, too. The number of the smaller Jets will be decreasing.
    After all there will be only four bigger Jets for VIP-Transportation (A340, A319). All the other A310 are MRT(T).

I don't see it as a "big" VIP transportation wing.

S.

where the mountains are near, the beer is wonderfull and Octoberfest is around the next corner

It really was time for new airplanes. The cost for maintenance per flight hour for the old ones must have been horrific if you keep their age in mind and it is an embarrassment when our politicians have to hitch hike with other nations politician again and again because their airplane is grounded anywhere in the world due to technical problems. A lot of money is spent foolishly but this was OK.

The Bundeswehr finally has established an official Youtube channel ! (and flickr ^^)

I just searched through and found some interesting stuff ...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Bundeswehr

Classic:

Camouflage in Winter 1968:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7Wkf...ayer_embedded#!

German Pilots in the USA: 1969

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-LSV...layer_embedded

German Pioneers in Afghanistan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwzC6...eature=channel

Quote Originally Posted by Steak-Sauce View Post
    I'm not the only one thinking about a certain Titanic-cover?
    Bonjour Froschfresser, wir sind wieder da... With Helmut K. in the commander´s hatch, iirc
    Last edited by Mike Kilo; 08-27-2010 at 02:00 PM. Reason: typo

tluassa has left out the most important video!

Uhm i have to say that i've never heard about the DO-31.
    Last edited by Tyon; 08-27-2010 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyon View Post
    Uhm i have to say that i've never heard about the DO-31.
    There's a V0 specimen out in front of the "Deutsches Museum" in Munich, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by tluassa View Post
    The Bundeswehr finally has established an official Youtube channel ! (and flickr ^^)
    *subscribes*

Awesome find tluassa!

Hi Tyon,
    I have seen a Do-31 in 1969 when I was a child at the age of 10 at an Airshow in my hometown.
    Although it was not a military plane, I started at this young age to interest myself on "military equipment".
    Greets
    Andreas30459DE

Default No it wasn't really necessary...

Quote Originally Posted by Greither View Post
    It really was time for new airplanes. The cost for maintenance per flight hour for the old ones must have been horrific if you keep their age in mind and it is an embarrassment when our politicians have to hitch hike with other nations politician again and again because their airplane is grounded anywhere in the world due to technical problems. A lot of money is spent foolishly but this was OK.
    The a/c of the BMVg don't even come close in Flight Hours to civilian aircraft that are used around the clock. If the total cycles and hours of for example the A310 where so enormous why would they have invested millions in converting them to MRTTs? The A340 VIP is a smart move in my eyes offers a bigger a/c with vastly more range than the A310. Especially the A319 are totally needless. And the CRJ 200 could have soldiered on for a little bit longer. It's just fancy toys for poltiticians that demand savings and cot downs from everybody else except them. Read up on the story of the green politician that wen't to Brasil in the A310 and wanted a CRJ 200 to follow them so heh had a smaller jet to cruise around Brasil....while his party demands taxes on holiday flight tickets and doesn't want the average Joe to fly and pollute.

And yes the german Ministerial Transport Wing is absolutely disproportionate:

VIP Transport

2 x A340 VIP
    2 x A319 VIP
    4 x Bombardier Global 5000 (VIP)
    3 x Eurocopter Cougar (VIP)

Tankers and Troop Transport

4x MRTT (Not even fullscale tankers)

I hope they also convert the former two VIP A310 to MRTT and keep the single PAX version for Troop transport.

But that may be just usefull and logical, instead useless politicians get a new fancy fleet and we are left with no tankers and troop transports...