Page 9 of 164 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Bundeswehr / Military of Germany

Nice Videos, thanks for sharing!

There's a pledge in my hometown this evening. I will definitely upload some pictures later on...

Default Afghanistan - ISAF 12th may 2010

[FONT=Verdana]German Bundeswehr army soldiers with the 3rd company of the Quick Reaction Force (QRF) take cover after detecting a suspicious site during their search for improvised explosive devices (IEDs) in Chahar Dara district on the outskirts of Kunduz, northern Afghanistan, May 12, 2010.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]German Bundeswehr army soldiers with the 3rd company of the Quick Reaction Force (QRF) take cover after detecting a suspicious site during their search for improvised explosive devices (IEDs) in Chahar Dara district on the outskirts of Kunduz, northern Afghanistan, May 12, 2010.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]German Bundeswehr army soldiers with the 3rd company of the Quick Reaction Force (QRF) patrol during a mission in Chahar Dara district on the outskirts of Kunduz, northern Afghanistan, May 12, 2010.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]German Bundeswehr army soldiers with the 3rd company of the Quick Reaction Force (QRF) look out of their armoured vehicle 'Dingo' during a mission in Chahar Dara district on the outskirts of Kunduz, northern Afghanistan, May 12, 2010[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]A German Bundeswehr army soldier with the 3rd company of the Quick Reaction Force (QRF) watches Afghans on their motorcycles after a road was reopened to the public after soldiers searched for improvised explosive devices (IEDs) in Chahar Dara district on the outskirts of Kunduz, northern Afghanistan, May 12, 2010.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]German Bundeswehr army soldiers with the 3rd company of the Quick Reaction Force (QRF) patrol during a mission in Chahar Dara district on the outskirts of Kunduz, northern Afghanistan, May 12, 2010.[/FONT]

Great pics again, thank you.

I see so many different versions of the G36 nowadays and wonder, which branch uses which version?? I see G36K, regular size, KA1 or whatever it is called, with EOtech, Zeiss Z-Point, the standard scope, 4 x scopes etc.
    Same goes for LLM, different bipods and other stuff. I saw a video where an infantry soldier showed the camera team "his" weapons, and he had two different G36s as his personal weapon.

Can someone clear things up for me?

Is there still armament limitation for Bundeswehr ???

Pictures of the pledge, Wednesday 13 May 2010 in Lohr am Main

Quote Originally Posted by tornadoss View Post
    Is there still armament limitation for Bundeswehr ???
    If you mean a maximal size of the Bundeswehr, yes.

If I remember correctly the "Two Plus Four Agreement" (for the German reunification) grants a maximal strength of 500,000 men. Any weapons of mass destruction are forbidden. I'm not sure about the paragraph about other nuclear assets like Nuclear powered ships. Taking part in a War of Aggression (Angriffskrieg) is also forbidden by this treaty (in addition to the ban in our constituion)

But beside that, we are free to have tanks, airplanes, ships, heavy artillery etc. It's not the Treaty of Versailles anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Astaran View Post
    It's not the Treaty of Versailles anymore
    Yeah, its because of what that Treaty caused that they agreed to not do that again....

Any advice from any one currently serving? I am thinking of joining the Bundeswehr.

Germany signed the CFE treaty on conventional arms in europe, so that means we have an upper limit of 20.000 tanks and 6800 aircraft

Quote Originally Posted by JCR View Post
    Germany signed the CFE treaty on conventional arms in europe, so that means we have an upper limit of 20.000 tanks and 6800 aircraft
    That's hard. Maybe we should build some Landkreuzer to compensate it.

Quote Originally Posted by JCR View Post
    Damn, i'd be glad if we had 20.000 combat troops to deploy, not to mention 20.000 tanks

Alibi pic:

Read closer ... ^^ However, even this limits are far away from what we have now in service

The treaty further limits the proportion of armaments that can be held by any one country in Europe to about one-third of the total for all countries in Europe - the "sufficiency" rule. These limits are:[4]

* 13,300 tanks;
    * 13,700 artillery pieces;
    * 20,000 armored combat vehicles (ACVs);
    * 5,150 combat aircraft; and
    * 1,500 attack helicopters.

All sea-based Naval forces are excluded from CFE Treaty accountability.[6]

If I remember correctly the "Two Plus Four Agreement" (for the German reunification) grants a maximal strength of 500,000 men.
    no,it says that the number of troops had to be reduced from 500.000 to 370.000 which is also the maximum.

I'm not sure about the paragraph about other nuclear assets like Nuclear powered ships.
    i'm not sure but i think there is no reglementation about nuclear powerd ships.the otto hahn was build in germany and there were no serious problems

Quote Originally Posted by Astaran View Post
    If you mean a maximal size of the Bundeswehr, yes.

If I remember correctly the "Two Plus Four Agreement" (for the German reunification) grants a maximal strength of 500,000 men. Any weapons of mass destruction are forbidden. I'm not sure about the paragraph about other nuclear assets like Nuclear powered ships. Taking part in a War of Aggression (Angriffskrieg) is also forbidden by this treaty (in addition to the ban in our constituion)

But beside that, we are free to have tanks, airplanes, ships, heavy artillery etc. It's not the Treaty of Versailles anymore
    Yes I meant that.Thx.

Default Afghanistan - 13th May 2010

[FONT=Verdana]A German Bundeswehr army soldier with the 3rd company of the Quick Reaction Force QRF monitors the area next to his armoured vehicle during a patrol in Chahar Dara district on the outskirts of Kunduz, northern Afghanistan May 13, 2010.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]A German Bundeswehr army soldier with the 3rd company of the Quick Reaction Force QRF monitors the area next to his armoured vehicle during a patrol in Chahar Dara district on the outskirts of Kunduz, northern Afghanistan, May 13, 2010. The sign reads "Germany".[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]German Bundeswehr army soldiers with the 3rd company of the Quick Reaction Force QRF scan the area after U.S. army and Afghan army (ANA) soldiers were ambushed in the village of Gul Baq, in the Chahar Dara district on the outskirts of Kunduz, northern Afghanistan May 13, 2010.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]A shepherd with his sheep pass a German Bundeswehr army soldier with the 3rd company of the Quick Reaction Force (QRF) near the Kunduz river during patrol in Chahar Dara district on the outskirts of Kunduz, northern Afghanistan May 13, 2010.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]A German Bundeswehr army soldier with the 3rd company of the Quick Reaction Force QRF monitors the area as an amroured personnel carrier 'Fuchs' is seen in the background during a patrol in Chahar Dara district on the outskirts of Kunduz, northern Afghanistan May 13, 2010.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]German Bundeswehr army soldiers with the 3rd company of the Quick Reaction Force QRF search for improvised explosive devices (IEDs) on a road in Chahar Dara district, on the outskirts of Kunduz, northern Afghanistan May 13, 2010.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]A German Bundeswehr army soldier with the 3rd company of the Quick Reaction Force QRF patrols near the Kunduz river during a mission in Chahar Dara district on the outskirts of Kunduz, northern Afghanistan May 13, 2010.[/FONT]

Some photos I made last summer during a visitors day at the local barracks:

Camouflaged French and German APC stand next to each other.

German Pioneer vehicles.

A 7.62 NATO MG3 is seen enxt to a Bundeswehr soldier, mounted on a tripod.

A Panzerhaubitze 2000 self-propelled artillery is seen during a firing smulation.

A G36k with various attachments is seen during a static weapon display.

A HK 40mm automatic grenade launcher.

Heckler und Koch G36A1 with AG36 40mm grenade launcher.

An old Hotchkiss HS30 IFV is shown during a historical presentation.

Reenactors show euqipment and uniforms used during the early Bundeswehr years.

Thatīs all for now, I still have some pics on my other computer, some showing more French equipment. Iīll upload them if anyone wants to see them.